It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterinarian Sits in a Hot Parked Car for 30 Minutes(video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is important people...remember yours pets do NOT sweat like we do..

leaving them in the car for even half an hour is very dangerous..

please read and watch the video..

dogingtonpost.com...

edit on 29-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I don't know how many here care about it, but I do. Thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Double post.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That is crazy....and depressing to see some jerk treat mans best friend like a handbag...I'm highly allergic and would love to own a dog but sadly

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
117° at 30min in, that's just crazy hot, I can't believe people would even consider leaving a loved pet in a car. They shouldn't need a stunt like this to know they shouldn't be doing it, but I guess some people are just plain stupid. Thanks for sharing, interesting video.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This has been floating around the interwebz lately:

There's no excuse. Everyone should know not to leave children and pets in the car.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This has been floating around the interwebz lately:

There's no excuse. Everyone should know not to leave children and pets in the car.

legal question?

any scholars?

can we legally break a car window in the heat to rescue a person?, pet?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Not sure..

but I would do it to save a life...any life..

wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Not sure on how a judge would rule if you were sued civilly for the cost of the window, but I'm 100% positive no police officer would arrest you on criminal charges for doing so. Just make sure there is a life in danger before you do it and I'm sure no criminal charges will come of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Not sure..

but I would do it to save a life...any life..

wouldn't you?

i see a pet laboring in a hot car, depending on observation, will break the window. OOH, depending on where, if the store has a PA i will say to announce their lights are one and flickering. haha, then when they come out, ooh boy an earfull of rant on demand.

Now, if i see an animal in severe exhaustion, about to pass out, the window is gone for sure.

if i see some fool has left there kid in a hot car, appearing to labor under the heat, i break the window and the driver.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Oh yeah, if a kid is in a hot car there would be no hesitation to break the window on my part. If I saw a dog in a hot car I might wait a minute or two to see if the owner returns quickly, but I'm still gonna break a window at the first sign of distress in the animal. I could not in good conscience let any animal suffer over a 100$ car window.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's getting hotter out now..

I hope I don't hear any bad news this weekend..

Seems like some moron always leaves a pet or child in their car on these hot weekends..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I was hoping and praying but.....

www.ktvu.com...

and so it starts......

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear the little dog didn't make it.

Just trying to look for a way this can lead to something good. As in, I'm so happy to hear the owner was arrested. Maybe word can get around that there will be consequences for such cruelty.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Unless I'm going to a place a dog can go with me (or someone is going to stay in the car with the ac going), I leave my furry friends at home, either in an air-conditioned house, or in their shady fenced in play/potty area (about the size of a city house lot). The big dogs LOVE to ride in the truck (and stick their heads out), but I only take them where I know they can come out with me (like the feed store, pet store, etc.)

edit on 1-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Stars for all in this thread for the caring of that which we are responsible for.

Flag the thread as what this vet does needs to be seen by all that own cars.

OP its unfortunate that we humans can suffer from occasions of such ignorance that tragedies such as kids or pets die in a car on a hot day.

sorry but I am going to post and leave as this kind of stuff is to much for me swallow at the moment.

Man I wish this was all just a bad dream.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Unless I'm going to a place a dog can go with me (or someone is going to stay in the car with the ac going), I leave my furry friends at home, either in an air-conditioned house, or in their shady fenced in play/potty area (about the size of a city house lot). The big dogs LOVE to ride in the truck (and stick their heads out), but I only take them where I know they can come out with me (like the feed store, pet store, etc.)

edit on 1-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Yep, same here Gaz..

i would never place my dogs in jeopardy like that..

If I know they can come in with me or it's the park or the mountain we go to then it's cool..

but otherwise they stay home in the cool house...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm not sure, but in Texas you can shoot someone for breaking into you car.

Would-be Vigilante beware.

Heck I think a guy shot a prostie for taking his money and not putting out and he is a free man.

And Yes I have a dog and no I would never leave her in a hot car with the windows rolled up. Pooch gets AC and even then I don't leave the dog in the car to go into a store or any crap like that. I'm meaning like running back into the house to grab my wallet etc.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm not sure, but in Texas you can shoot someone for breaking into you car.

Would-be Vigilante beware.

Heck I think a guy shot a prostie for taking his money and not putting out and he is a free man.

You are correct. (but only at night)...seriously....not kidding. He shouldn't have gotten off though. He was trying to enforce an illegal contract, so it can't be called theft. The prosecution must have really fubar'd it. Still, a valid point, that in Texas, if you broke someone's car window at night, and got shot, chances are, he'd walk.

new topics

top topics

join