It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration paid contractors millions to snoop through Americans' financial data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Obama administration paid contractors millions to snoop through Americans' financial data

dailycaller.com

A secretive data collection program run by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau allows private contractors access to millions of Americans’ personal financial information, according to a government accountability group.

The information may also be shared with other federal agencies.

Documents obtained by Washington-based Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act illustrate the cost and scope of the program, which business groups and some Republican lawmakers have assailed as invasive and potentially illegal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
.. and you thought it was only the NSA... and only your phone records.. Well... get a cup of coffee.. Now it is your financials.. and they are paying the contractors to collect your data..

Free emails.. yeah... free Obama phones... yeah... data with your financials.. check... and now Obamacare... looks like full spectrum dominance... let's hope that a few more put down their beers and 'Football'.. or World of Warcraft and wake up..

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Everything we do or say, whether online or off is recorded, processed and stored for later use. For our protection of course.

A Federal Investigator once asked me about being paid to beat someone up 15 years ago.

They know everything we have ever done.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Everything we do or say, whether online or off is recorded, processed and stored for later use. For our protection of course.

A Federal Investigator once asked me about being paid to beat someone up 15 years ago.

They know everything we have ever done.

Now wait. THIS is a story that you have to tell. You got paid to beat someone up???

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Is data mining, the corruption and run by the elite government in the US pay tax dollars for the corruption call private elite to keep tracks of Americans while they in exchange get to steal the tax payers and make billions in return.

This America my friend the land of profits but only for those that runs the government, we the people are nothing but the milking cows. MOOOOO

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is nothing short of "Organized Crime".

To pay contractors to knowingly break the law.

These Contractors should also be held accountable.

Nobody under any circumstances could of thought this is OK...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
WOW, Just WOW!!!!

The news about what really is going on behind the scenes w/ big bro just keeps getting worse and worse....

I honestly don't understand why nobody is doing anything about this and just continuing w/ life, fast food, tv, work, as if nothing is wrong.

In some parts of EU (baring UK which is just as Apathetic as U.S citizenry), when something like this is found out, there is usually some sort of Spring (aka Arab Springs) or mass protest.....

2013 = 1984

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
This is nothing short of "Organized Crime".

To pay contractors to knowingly break the law.

These Contractors should also be held accountable.

Nobody under any circumstances could of thought this is OK...

I think anything is "OK" when it's covered under the blanket of "National Security" "War on Terror" etc.....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think anything is "OK" when it's covered under the blanket of "National Security" "War on Terror" etc.....

Before that it was anarchists,communists,nazi's,criminals and the new catch all term terrorist.

The US government has been snooping a long time.it is quite hypocritical since one of his campaign issues' was 'ending spying'.

edit on 29-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are right they have been snooping for a long time, but when you add the billions of tax payer dollars if no trillions that goes to feed the corruption behind this snooping you also wonder how we are nothing but milking cows to the elite.

I remember that when the government tag a country run by"tyranny and dictatorship"because the leaders are stealing the nations citizens for their own gains we are supposed to agree with that, then look at what is going in this country, we have nothing short of Tyrants and a corporate dictatorship stealing for us tax payer but when is under the Umbrella of "national security and "terrorism" we are supposed to agree with, in reality those running the US government are not better than Tyrants and traitors, perhaps we the citizens of the US should be begging for "liberation" by any country that will come into our help to get us rid of the corruption because let face it, we are not willing to get up our arses and do it ourselves.

The rest of the world are laughing at us.

edit on 29-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have been bring it up for a while. And this is what made me find it.

So I guess everybody knows George Zimmermans friend by now. Joe Oliver news anchor man from a local Orlando News Station. Well im sure you've heard about him working with George Zimmerman after the Lawrence O'Donnell interview. Well that place they worked at was Digital Risk, LLC. Well I bring up the name of the place because there is more to that story then people have found out about. Digital Risk, LLC is a mortgage fraud investigation company. They do monitoring and survallence of mortgage companies for the government. Hell the Chairman of the company was at the White House last week. He gave a speach at the White House Business Council in Washington D.C. And you wonder why Obama was asked about this case last week when he said "If I had a son he would look like Treyvon. The media knew what they were asking. He probly just got done talking with the boss of George Zimmerman and his propaganda freind Joe Oliver. So is this company more than what they seem? Are they also part of the Infragard? Is this company a handler of George Zimmerman and Joe Oliver? Did Obama have there boss come in so he could ask what the hell happened with our guy down there in Florida and what is all this propaganda and cover up crap?

Digital Risk, LLC goes to the White House. March 22
digitalrisk.com...

Obama: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" March 23
www.cbsnews.com...

Joe Oliver works at Digital Risk, LLC.
www.linkedin.com...

Lawrence O'Donnell interview.
video.msnbc.msn.com...

digitalrisk.com...

On average, Digital Risk spends over $10,000 on training each employee to prevent fraud in the mortgage industry, including attaining licenses based on the latest and most important regulations.

So who spends over $10,000 on training each employee besides the government or a government contractor?

Heres a article from a sister company of Digital Risk, LLC. Which shows some of the details of what the FBI and I guess the Treasury do with such companies.

Cindi Dixon, CEO of Mela Capital Group, a mortgage quality control risk management firm, says the most common frauds continue to be income and employment misrepresentation and occupancy fraud — where there is deception about whether a home is owner-occupied or an investment property.

However, over the last 12 to 18 months, she’s also seen trends in mortgage fraud emerge. They include land-title lien fraud, which involves liens that are recorded fraudulently on properties and illegal transfers of ownership, and organized crime fraud, which involves organized fraud rings purchasing properties under straw-buyers names and using the homes for crimes like drug and human trafficking and credit card manufacturing. False identity use to purchase a home is also growing, she said.

Dixon thinks many of the frauds are driven by the market conditions.

"With economic downturns people struggle to maintain current income levels. This leads to new and creative ways of supplementing income and exploiting the system for profit," she said.

www.cnbc.com...

This reminds me of the same scam Anonymous is used to promote. Anonymous is blamed for hacking credit cards from all over. Then you are told to contact your credit card companies. They sign you up for credit card monitoring in order to protect your credit card for a small fee. Then that credit card monitoring company sells the information to the government for a fee. You pay for your own government spying. And they use the same process used by Facebook government database. Third party sales of information. The government is wanting to sale Facebook to the stockmarket so they don't have to pay for the whole thg any more. They want to just buy third party for now on. Its cheaper.

And like I said earlier who pays over ten thousand dollars to train each and every employee besides the government?[

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I seen this a couple days ago at Judicial Watch. The records were obtained through the FOIA filed on April 24, 2013. The records obtained were from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, so much for the protecting part eh.

Anyways here's a link to JW where other pertinent information is available pertaining to this issue.

Source

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained records from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) revealing that the agency has spent millions of dollars for the warrantless collection and analysis of Americans’ financial transactions. The documents also reveal that CFPB contractors may be required to share the information with “additional government entities.”

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are right they have been snooping for a long time, but when you add the billions of tax payer dollars if no trillions that goes to feed the corruption behind this snooping you also wonder how we are nothing but milking cows to the elite.

Look at it as China financing it with all the trillions 'we borrow'. also see a CT of that was the entire idea behind the internet, and social media, and 'free phones' etc just technology makes it cheaper, with the addition of smart meters, smart appliances, smart cars going get even more easier to spy.

Government itself has sponsored every 'technological break through' and when I read things like this under privacy,the fbi,and PGP

It is the sense of Congress that providers of electronic communications services and manufacturers of electronic communications service equipment shall ensure that communications systems permit the government to obtain the plain text contents of voice, data, and other communications when appropriately authorized by law.
then recent news of the DOJ just saying whatever it wants about people like Rosen to circumvent 'law'.

we have nothing short of Tyrants and a corporate dictatorship stealing for us tax payer but when is under the Umbrella of "national security and "terrorism" we are supposed to agree with,

They have always done this, just think its straight up a dictatorship.

The world laughing at us?

Yeah for 'just waking up' to what they knew for years and are doing the same things without all the fuss.
edit on 29-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

When they collect this information from the contractors it goes into the cloud. And the NSA allows who ever they want to pull it out of the cloud. Such as the property appraisers office is now given unedited Google earth data to see if you did any additions to your house they can tax you extra for. Hell they probably already automated the process of noticing any difference in structures between new and older copies for them to make it easier. They truly have created a octopus with tentacles every where and you find one piece and there is many others you did not even notice. And they hide in a cloud.
edit on 29-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is exactly the converstation my husband, son and I were having this morning about how technology is the one that is sold to the people as a wonder thing for personal use, but the thing is that is making for the government and the private interest profiteers to make easy money out of it, for the government is just information that they don't actually have to spend time getting because is already available supplied by the willing consumers.

Credit card purchases, financial information backgrounds and monitoring by the credit rating agencies, phone monitory and GPS, black boxes in cars, national IDs, biometric look alike technologies, cameras everywhere first in banks them in stores and now all over the major cities, ect, the only thing that has not be able to ride with the public is the implantable chips, people are paying to be monitored spied on every day.

The rest is just a taste of what is to come and the new generations of technological addicted youth that can not live without any easy to track devises will be ready for whatever is waiting for them when the time is right.

The older generation like me will not take the crap, but hey we will not live for ever and we will be the "crazy minority" that can not be like the rest of the population.

Sadly I will live long enough to see all the pieces coming together in giant puzzle of freedom lost.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's a false dilemma really we are sold government gets to spy because bad people are going to do bad things those bad people like 'Bin Laden's' don't use technology and go low tech or use burner phones or other means for communication.

THEY KNOW this, and yet expand the massive surveillance state there is only three certainties in life:

Death
Taxes
Government Spying.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

No, he didn't pay for it. We did.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes they are selling the idea that we should give away our freedoms for the safety of the common good but the truth is that we have been giving away that liberty free of charge for years.

Data mining, meaning the profiteers makes money the government elite gets away with population control.

Everybody wins, agendas get fulfilled and we the people as usual are the losers, but sadly willing losers, now when we don't like what is going on or we complain too much, there is legislation to make sure we don't complain anymore, because it can be turned into law.

I wonder how long this vicious cycle will last.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not really that exciting.

A friend of mine had some property misappropriated from him by a certain individual whom he was unable to subject to personal retaliation at the time. The ill gotten goods could not be verified to be in said persons possession, but the fact of which was without question.

My acquaintance approached me and proposed that I might be the beneficiary of a windfall, should a certain amount of hate and discontent be visited upon the person of the perpetrator in question.

I was inclined to acquiesce.

The product of the aforementioned events was my servitude to the local community. But at the time in question, I had not yet reached my majority. So any purported record of such alleged actions should have been manditorily expunged upon my graduation to legal adulthood.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yeah. You're right. Not that exciting.

But beating someone up in the name of altruism is something I have no issue with to be sure. Let scumbags learn to not be scumbags.

<<   2 >>

join