It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. Richard Matheson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A true giant in horror and science fiction, and one of my favorite authors, Richard Matheson, is dead.

Matheson wrote "I am Legend," one of the greatest vampire novels ever written. It is responsible not only for every vampire movie and story in the last 50 years, but the psychological horror of being trapped in a building with crowds of monsters outside heavily influenced George Romero's work-by Romero's own admission. You may know Romero as the film maker who single-handedly created the zombie genre.

That would be enough, but Matheson was responsible for some of the most famous "Twilight Zone" episodes-including the classic "Terror at 20,000 feet," with William Shatner. Matheson also wrote "The Enemy Within," an episode of Star Trek.

Matheson wrote the novel "What Dreams May Come," a fantastical exploration of the afterlife. His other credits include "Hell House," 'Stir of Echoes", "Somewhere in Time," and the screenplay for "Duel," the first film by somebody named Steven Spielberg. He wrote "The Night Stalker," the film that inspired the TV series by the same name, which Chris Carter cited as being a large influence on "The X-Files."

Richard Matheson was 87.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Snsoc because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

His book I am legend was made into Hollywood movie three times. First make as The Last Man on Earth. The 1st remake was The Omega Man. The most recent 2nd remake I Am Legend. Im sure there will one day be a 3rd remake because the story is so good.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Dear Snsoc,

Wasn't he amazing? He was and remains one of my favorite writers. I love "I Am Legend", it is a masterpiece. He has done so much and was quite amazing.

new topics

join