It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever meet anyone famous? Were they like what you expected?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Should have got a pic with Harrison and the standie, LOL....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In 1989 I met Geraldo and Oprah. Oprah was a b*. But Geraldo was very kind and very short!!

Geraldo was down to earth. Oprah not so much.

I have also met Aaron Lewis from Staind (he is amazing!!) and a down to earth really nice guy!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Gazrok
reply to post by benrl

Should have got a pic with Harrison and the standie, LOL....

We had a strict no bothering Celebrities policy, we would get atleast 3-4 a day, minor to major.

It was standard Policy anyone who bothered them would be fired, we were the Highest Profile store in the company due to how near all the studios are.

It was fun, Got tons of funny stories from those days, we had to put on Shows as well for Artist the company promoted.

Had some signed crap from publicity stuff we did, but nothing I could get on my own volition,

Shatner and Nimoy where at the store for a signing awhile ago (back when the Osbornes were first on tv and Saint anger by metallica was just out... How I remember it by what we where getting in) They hate each other, they wouldn't look at one another and we had to talk to them through a mediator, we couldn't address them both at the same time.

Michael Bolton was another that had to come in to promote, funniest of all because NO ONE SHOWED UP, and he was on a tare about it cussing us all out.

Had a nice long chat with the Lead singer of Hoobastank with out knowing who he was, talked about Xbox and such. He asked me if I was a fan of the band that was going to play my response was less than glowing, he laughed, and shook my hand. Cool guy.

Lots of cool stories but nothing to show for it, Harrison ford and Lucas, where probably the two hardest for me NOT to fan boy out on, No cell phone cam at the time was worth it. I would of loved to be able to geek out on them and not get fired.

Harrison ford walked by, and I saw him glance in, I did a double take and he slowly walked back in the Store, WE had a HUGE DVD display with Indy on it. He looked it over, looked at the DVD's than looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.

Han f-ing solo Thumbed up me, Highlight of that job.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Jesse McCartney, I was obsessed when I was younger- extremely nice and polite to his fans.
Christina Aguilera when she first came out back in 99 I think- also nice
the original Destinys Child- full of themselves and seemed very selfish

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Met Alice Cooper in his restaurant and he was a very nice guy....

Met Jay Leno and Tim Allen at a racing benefit and Jay Leno was the coolest dude whom I thought would be stuffy and arrogant...not at all.

Tim Allen whom I always thought would be cool to hang out with was a total piece of crap and I don't think he would throw a glass of water on you if you were on fire...

My brother ran over the little dude that played tattoo on fantasy island at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix and he was a little rude.... but my brother DID run into him and almost knock him down so it's understandable.

Ran into Lita Ford after a show in Kalamazoo Michigan and she didn't seem to be very friendly but was probably pretty tired.....? ( and not near as good looking as her album covers.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Walking to work very early one morning with partner, discussing how the jogger (resting on a bench) looked like Willie Nelson...partner (more forward than I) went and inquired as to the joggers identity...was Willie Nelson...

The day after being at a Laurie Anderson gig...I was taking a break at a bookstore at Melbourne Airport...perusing the trash books with me was a guy I thought looked like one of the back-up singers from the night before...he was, and we began discussing what I'd thought of the gig and how they'd enjoyed themselves...when he asked if I'd liked to be introduced to her...I declined...NOT...(and I did have a little celeb crush on her). Walking the main connecting passage between International and Domestic terminals we came upon a wide line, across the passage, of retinue, with Laurie in the middle...she was even more gorgeous in real life, and looked like a pixie (or maybe that's how I'd like to remember her)...we were introduced, and we chatted for about 10 minutes, with about 40 people surrounding us...I can't remember exactly what we talked about...I think I spent most of the time with my eyes glazed over, mumbling incoherently...

Å99

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join