It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP James Gandolfini

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Whilst I lament any death, he was an actor, I never saw any of the series and this makes Abovetopsecrets front why?

ATS is a user generated content site. I would suppose that the users generating content thought it important.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain
A great actor unfortunately cursed with an Italian palate in an American culinary environment.

Gandolfini's last meal:
• large serve of foie gras (fatty duck / goose liver)
• fried prawns with mayonnaise chilli sauce
• 8 alcoholic beverages

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Superb actor. Shame to lose him. RIP

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hi Lady_Tuatha, That was lovely that you put that article on here. I read several articles too around the web that said such wonderful things about the man. It was stated that he was as kind and friendly to the janitors,caterers, and anyone else who worked on set...not just nice to the big shots but to everyone. That is rare...especially in Hollyweird...actually, it is rare anywhere in life nowadays.

Folks make fun of his diet habits but that isn't always the main dealy to heart probs. It can be genes and stress and other health problems that contribute. I'm a fairly old bat yet I know folks much older than I, that have always eatin whatever they want, smoke, drink, don't excercise and are still goin strong and are way older than I am. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

Regardless, I will miss the fellow and have always liked him and I wish he was still with us. Even vegetarians die of heart trouble so there's just no tellin. I still think inflammation is the main cause of heart probs and high Cholesterol and stroke too.

Hugs and thanx for a great post and nice comments.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually Vit-C is water soluble so "too much" just runs out in pee-pee. And from what I read he was on Statins and other pharmaceuticals... but people always remember the one guy who was using "alternative" medicine and died anyway to debunk the whole thing.

And never mind if he was actually doing what he was "supposed" to, or that everyone's a bit different and maybe they had other issues that weren't addressed, etc.

I have heard so many accounts from people who had arterial blockage, tried Linus Pauling's therapy of 3 to 15 grams of C (and the amino acid Lysine, etc.) per day and then found the blockage was gone... sometimes in as fast as 10 days, that I had to admit there's something to it. I have family and friends in the "alternative" medicine world and thus the information.

That's not to say there's not a whole lot of junk science and b.s. out there... just saying that vit C isn't snake oil.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join