It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelyabinsk becoming a busy place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So, probably most of you learned about Chelyabinsk at the time the "meteorite" exploded over the city.

In case you haven't seen Chebarkul - here you go:

Yep, gigantic something came out of nowhere and miraculously exploded over the city instead of destroying it. The very first report from the military said they intercepted a UFO with a missile, later on it turned into a meteorite and they even showed us some shards left of it.

Last week we've had new interesting things happening there.

First something strange happens with the sky.

Later on the scientist said the phenomenon was the light reflected from ice shards in the clouds, but it was the first time anyone saw anything like this in the area.

Four days ago a guy films a UFO:

Many UFOs were seen in the area before.

Last thing I would like to mention is that Chelyabinsk is surrounded by ancient dolmens over 6 000 years old. In the language of the local peoples "chelyabi" stands for "gifted by gods".

What do you guys make of this?
edit on 19-6-2013 by evilcommunist because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2013 by evilcommunist because: video links

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
sorry the videos to which you are referring 'Do Not Exist". Strange happenings continue...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I messed up with the tags a bit, should be working now, no conspiracy here ^)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by evilcommunist

I'm no longer a believer in alien UFOs - it's all military as far as I'm concerned. That said, I believe the CDC's of the world have a vested interested in studying meteors to monitor alien pathogens or bacteria that may become introduced to earth. I think those are military stealth-type UFOs taking all sorts of measurements about the area (air quality, landscape...). And they're *not* owned by Russia - hence why the US is using the UFO models to check things out.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I can't read or speak Russian so the second vid is useless to me.

The third could be anything.

The first is just combined news footage with music added.

So...
guess I'm missing something here.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The second video is noctilucent clouds.

Not sure what the third video is. Could possibly be an airplane with it's landing light on flying towards the observer but it looks too bright for that during daytime exposure.
edit on 19/6/2013 by PheonixReborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist
Yep, gigantic something came out of nowhere and miraculously exploded over the city instead of destroying it. The very first report from the military said they intercepted a UFO with a missile, later on it turned into a meteorite and they even showed us some shards left of it.

Just when/where did a military spokesman say that, or was it just some reporter making a guess or reporting a barroom rumor?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The initial story is gone from most websites, but here you go:
www.rosbalt.ru...

This is a federal news agency quoting a Ekaterinburgian news agency that was the first to report the explosion and later on quote the source from the MoD saying they intercepted the object. Later on the press went crazy with "there was no missile" headlines.

Btw, some time after the incident, MoD sent a formidable army unit to the lake where the "shards" fell, I started a thread about it.
edit on 19-6-2013 by evilcommunist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think that the first video really looks like a meteorite, the last one looks strange to me, I don't know If it could be a edited or something like this.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

The initial story is gone from most websites, but here you go:
www.rosbalt.ru...

Spasibo,

The link just says a website Znak.com claimed a 'source' told him so, but official spokesmen deny it -- otritsayet.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

...Yep, gigantic something came out of nowhere and miraculously exploded over the city instead of destroying it. The very first report from the military said they intercepted a UFO with a missile, later on it turned into a meteorite and they even showed us some shards left of it...

Considering most meteors do break up in the atmosphere (even relatively large ones), and it is not uncommon for them to do so with an explosive force that may or may not have an noticeable effect on the ground, I'm not sure why you sound doubtful.

While the Chelyabinsk meteor was large (maybe as large as 20 meters across before striking the atmosphere), it was not large enough to have destroyed the city. Meteors of that size break up before striking the ground with size and force. The relative largeness of the Chelyabinsk meteor (large as small meteors go) is what allowed it to create the airburst with effects that reached the ground with some force. However, the physical pieces of it that did reach the ground were probably moving at terminal velocity (about 200 mph) -- which fast is not enough to carry enough kinetic energy to destroy the city. The smaller the meteor, the more the atmosphere can slow it down.

Huge meteors (say ones that are one km across before striking the atmosphere) are the ones with enough size and momentum to carry the high velocities (30,000 mph and more) to the ground; these can destroy cities. Meteors that are 8 or 10 km across can wipe out whole regions of the planet, and create enough dust to affect the world.

edit on 6/20/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join