It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elbert Guillory: "Why I Am a Republican"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by abeverage

Only see 1 party telling me corporate products are 'human rights' and force me to buy them,

Then again 1 side created the federal reserve that CONTROLS then entire financial system in this country

Then again that same pary that says business 'can't be trusted' so they need more laws controlling them.

That same party once again that says people 'can be trusted' with their guns so they created thousands of laws banning them and limiting them;

That same party also created Social Security,Medicare,and Medicaid, and the current student loan debt that accounts for 1 trillion dollars, that cut out the middle men.

That same party also created Fanny, and Freddy that has over 6 trillion in combined assets that control over 95% of all US mortgages;.

So both parties are to blame?

The Party Elbert is talking about has a clear historical agenda of control.
edit on 19-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You just get slapped so many times with the LEFT you appreciate the Kicks from the Right.

Really cause I see another party that Started 2 WARS that were founded on no evidence

A party that Created the Financial Crisis to begin with..

A Party that represents Big Businesses Like Halliburton (You haven't forgotten them)

A Party that supported shipping jobs overseas

A Party that create a WAR ON TERROR? Huh wait who is the enemy? OH US? WHAT?

A Party who stripped our Freedoms with the so called Patriot Act

A PARTY THAT STARTED THE NSA WARRENTLESS SPYING!!!

Shall I go on or do you see the pattern? 2 PARTIES ONE AGENDA!

Here is a cursory list of what they did to us before on that other side!

edit on 19-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

[i

But then again instead of sending them to a camp just kills them instead.

O just putting people in camps and tortureing them is ok then?

Both are evil! Yes killing with drones is more evil but evil is still evil! Neither should be happening!

Maybe the democrates are more rotten but the republicans are still rotten too!

No maybe's about it the Democrats are rotten to their core who done far more damage to this country than the R's.

And maybe the R's dont give a crap really and dont bother going back on anything the D's do so therefore are complicite in the acts too.

Kim Jong-un didnt set up all the camps and start all the evil in North Korea, his dad and grandfather did. But does that make him any less evil no as he still keeps the current system! Same with any party in any country. If they continue with evil of the last govemnet they are just as responsible.

People love to say they are the same as a deflection.

No its true both the main parties are rotten.

Rotten is rotten. As you said it does not matter who started it. The fact is the republicans continue to run with the evil the Democrates set up.

If you vote in some republican next election you think they will stop the NSA spying? The inovlment in syria? (bare in mind mcain wanted more involvmnet sooner!) Stop medicare and medicaid?
edit on 19-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good to see you Neo. Although we disagree on matters of politics from time to time, I have the utmost respect for you and hope you take my following comment in a friendly way.

It is these sorts of things that are truly racist, in my opinion. A political party brings out a "token black guy" to discuss matters of politics, policy and since he happens to be black, can interject the race issue. Somehow this makes the targeted audience feel better about themselves knowing that there is a minority on their side and the said minority can intelligently express political beliefs that jives with theirs.

As individuals, I do not believe most people are racist or have racist intent. But as groups of people or political parties, there have been statements made or actions taken by individuals with the party/group that causes the entirety of the group to become labeled as racist.

That goes for both Dems and Reps.

Its sad that we continue to painfully drag the race issue out all the damned time for political purposes. It does nothing to solve issues we face and does nothing to nurture fellowship or brotherhood between different groups of people.

So I disagree with many of his comments on Democrats, racism and control.

Also, I think it's important to note that he has a very misguided view on what liberalism is. Liberalism is nothing more than the kissing cousin of the Libertarians. True liberals believe, strongly, in the rights to individual freedoms and that, in fact, the government should have very little to do with our daily lives....except to protect our freedoms and to play a larger role in the general welfare of the people than, let's say, the Libertarians.

Liberalism is not the problem. The "progressive" movement is. They believe that social justice and all things that could better the lives of the citizens should be done through government control. Of course, there are many degrees of progressivism, but the overall ideology is dependent upon government involvement.

This is the fun part.....most people in America, in my opinion, fall into the liberal/libertarian belief system. We want our freedoms and for big brother to stay out of it, but our political parties, both of them, practice extreme versions of fascism mixed with a progressive mindset.

Conservatism, on the national political level, has become progressive in that they are now ok with the idea that the government is the answer to security and economic problems. Some people on the left have become progressive in that they believe government is the answer to social and economic woes.

They bicker back and forth and pull out their "token" speakers from time to time to soothe their particular constituents, but their agenda is very similar......and just as destructive.

So i fail to see how this really helps bring people together to have a real discussion of our problems. This just furthers the idea that we, the people, need to be more separated from one another.....in the name of politics and race.

SS

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Really cause I see another party that Started 2 WARS that were founded on no evidence

Never heard of Libya and Syria, and this:

Guess not.

A party that Created the Financial Crisis to begin with..

Oh really?

And:

A Party that represents Big Businesses Like Halliburton (You haven't forgotten them)

Mean GE right?

A Party that supported shipping jobs overseas

Thats more GE

A Party that create a WAR ON TERROR? Huh wait who is the enemy? OH US? WHAT?

That would be Charlie Wilson that Democrat and Bill Clinton the other Democrat.

A Party who stripped our Freedoms with the so called Patriot Act

killfile.newsvine.com...

Well talk to me after 70 years of freedom being stripped away with gun control laws for those who are paying attention the gun control 'argument' is the 'Patriot act' argument but gun control is fine!!

A PARTY THAT STARTED THE NSA WARRENTLESS SPYING!!!

killfile.newsvine.com...

Really hate reposting videos

Shall I go on or do you see the pattern? 2 PARTIES ONE AGENDA!

Feel free haven't seen anyrthing worth my time yet

Yep I see a pattern from the left trolling the right and getting away with worse things.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Yeah someone does need to educate themselves as

Rob from the rich to give to the poor so they can go out and buy more corporate products.

Again Social Welfare is corporate welfare.

Repeating your message isn't going to magically make it correct. I hope that one day you are able to see past your blind faith in the two-party system and understand that not everything is as you want it to be simply because you imagine it to be that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

just putting people in camps and tortureing them is ok then?

Clinton thought it was alright

The AFP is reporting that the CIA's "rendition" program was started under the Clinton Administration

www.everythingiknowiswrong.com...

The current policy traces its roots to the administration of former President Bill Clinton

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good luck to you neo96

When you finally wake up and smell the coffee that this is a WHOLLY corrupt 2 party system and not a democracy. A system using tactics of racism and derision one based on divide and conquer. I always thought someone named Neo would be aware of this and could see through the facade.

When you do wake up NEO.

I will still be here rooting for ya!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That is seriously rich especially after this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't want to counter the reply to it?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Like you didnt counter these points?

Originally posted by crazyewok

Both are evil! Yes killing with drones is more evil but evil is still evil! Neither should be happening!

Maybe the democrates are more rotten but the republicans are still rotten too!

Originally posted by crazyewok
And maybe the R's dont give a crap really and dont bother going back on anything the D's do so therefore are complicite in the acts too.

Kim Jong-un didnt set up all the camps and start all the evil in North Korea, his dad and grandfather did. But does that make him any less evil no as he still keeps the current system! Same with any party in any country. If they continue with evil of the last govemnet they are just as responsible.

Rotten is rotten. As you said it does not matter who started it. The fact is the republicans continue to run with the evil the Democrates set up.

If you vote in some republican next election you think they will stop the NSA spying? The inovlment in syria? (bare in mind mcain wanted more involvmnet sooner!) Stop medicare and medicaid?

O and you keep bring syria up? You do realise McCain a REPUBLICAN wanted involment sooner!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I agree with you...are you listening? AGREE 100% that the LEFT IS CORRUPT! But you must see the other side...

I was trying to point out that the Right is just as culpable as the Left. You are under the delusion I think that I am defending the LEFT when I am VERY VERY FAR FROM IT! They both need to be booted from office!

Let me ask you one very pointed question. Do you believe the Republicans are blameless to the state of United States? Yes or No will suffice.

And so if you do not see that I wish you the best and they will continue this LEFT - RIGHT march into oblivion!
edit on 19-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok Both are evil! Yes killing with drones is more evil but evil is still evil! Neither should be happening! Maybe the democrates are more rotten but the republicans are still rotten too!

Since the point is human life get back to me when abortion is included in that comment since we are talking about 'all things right and left'.

Why shouldn't Syria be brought up both in Libya the current democratic party is currently aiding terrorists in both countries.

Link:

frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Since the point is human life get back to me when abortion is included in that comment since we are talking about 'all things right and left'.

Why shouldn't Syria be brought up both in Libya the current democratic party is currently aiding terrorists in both countries.

Im not defending the Democrats. I would be saying the same thing to a mindless drone that supports them!

And as for syria? Well if you had a Republican Goverment you would still be in syria! Infcat it most likely would have been sooner!

As I have said and you have not adressed:
If you vote in some republican next election you think they will stop the NSA spying? The involment in syria? The soical policys such as medicare and medicaid?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And as for syria? Well if you had a Republican Goverment you would still be in syria! Infcat it most likely would have been sooner!

Want to try again might not have seen that link added frontpagemag.com...

Among Dems opposition falls to 52 percent. But still a majority. Among Republicans, it hits 64 percent. Independents broadly oppose by 74 percent.

Guess I read that wrong because it looks like 64 % of right wingers oppose arming rebels.

If you vote in some republican next election you think they will stop the NSA spying?

Depends IF its a Paul.

The inovlment in syria?

That link already answered that.

The soical policys such as medicare and medicaid?

They should be ended because the left sure does to use fearmongering saying the right wants people to die.

Which is the biggest reason they should be ending they are nothing more than tools for control which was the point in the op.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its say that the American people dont want involvement. A lot diffrent to does the senators that make up the party want too.

The fact is a number of Republican senators have wanted involvement. so no it is not down to a single party. As I said if McCain was president you would have been in syria sooner. Take the blinkers off!

And I never said should the take them back. My queastion is WOULD they? And no past history shows that will keep what in place!

Try again.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Anyone trying to bring up McCain when he's a rino and rejected by most Republicans needs to try again.

And really the point especially after Kerry: thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Anyone trying to bring up McCain when he's a rino and rejected by most Republicans needs to try again.

And really the point especially after Kerry: thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Dunno why you keep throwing links at me about democrats. I know they are evil you dont need to tell me! But so are republicans.

Evil is evil.

But you cant seem to grasp that. You seem to be a mindless drone tied to the two party system. You and drones like you ( republican and democrates) are why nothing changes in the western world.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Dunno why you keep throwing links at me about democrats.

Because their the topic.

But you cant seem to grasp that. You seem to be a mindless drone tied to the two party system. You and drones like you ( republican and democrates) are why nothing changes in the western world.

Funny as my accuser only wants to talk about Republicans, and McCain.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dunno why you keep throwing links at me about democrats.

Because their the topic.

Funny as my accuser only wants to talk about Republicans, and McCain.

Neo96...I almost always agree with you.

I am just asking until we get our Country back. We can't stay divided 50/50.

We have to rally on something we can agree on. They have stolen our Liberty.

Because without that...It does not matter who's party is in office.

Besides...We need you with us on this...In the future we will agree on what,

You are arguing right now...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Never heard of Libya and Syria

The Democrats have not declared war on Libya and Syria, so your comparison fails.

and this:

There's no doubt the Democrats overwhelmingly supported the Iraq war, and they deserve just as much abuse for it as the Republicans.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This whole thread is just political bickering. It's useless, we all know that both parties are equally corrupt, there is no need to bring out each party's dirty laundry to create some sort of stupid pissing contest on which party is screwing over the American public more. Just vote libertarian and be done with it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join