It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is thought about religion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ok, might not be the right forum but here we go, the title may not fit the thread too btw.

It's one of the weird bends in my brain.

I think, that something exist, that wants all human beins to feel the same, have the same mindset, and do, the same at the same time.

Do you understand?

We'd be completely the same, everybody, at the same time. In my thoughts it could be called Anti-harmonious. See, everybodies sense of self would be lost, or; this self is for all the same?

I don't know how to get this message to you, if only I could get this strange vibe over into your brain, accompanied with the vision, you'd understand. The morbid feeling that comes with it is so insane.

I get completely disgusted by it.

Why this title for the thread, cause I think a lot of you guys have this stereotype vision of religious people, while in fact, those who are truly religious, you probably would not call them 'religious', yet they are the ones who truly are. They have tact to convert, they can say what you need to, you can be awestruck by one just by his charisma.

Oh well, examples you could call them. See, religious people, well, yeah, whatever..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I honestly cannot understand your post

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Well, I like this dude myself. He might help you! Has all kinds of things to think about.

The magician was asked to leave his Christian youth group by a pastor who told his parents: "He's no longer learning about the Bible from me. He is now converting everyone in the class to atheism."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Ok, might not be the right forum but here we go, the title may not fit the thread too btw.

It's one of the weird bends in my brain.

I think, that something exist, that wants all human beins to feel the same, have the same mindset, and do, the same at the same time.

Do you understand?

are you saying like a human hive mind, being implemented or revised?

We'd be completely the same, everybody, at the same time. In my thoughts it could be called Anti-harmonious. See, everybodies sense of self would be lost, or; this self is for all the same?

I don't know how to get this message to you, if only I could get this strange vibe over into your brain, accompanied with the vision, you'd understand. The morbid feeling that comes with it is so insane.

I get completely disgusted by it.

Why this title for the thread, cause I think a lot of you guys have this stereotype vision of religious people, while in fact, those who are truly religious, you probably would not call them 'religious', yet they are the ones who truly are. They have tact to convert, they can say what you need to, you can be awestruck by one just by his charisma.

Oh well, examples you could call them. See, religious people, well, yeah, whatever..

interesting 135L
I don't think its like that though...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
conscious scan
of the collective you ARE part of if forgotten, understands.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

All of existence is already a unified source of All-One. It is mechanisms such as space-time, ego, relativity, and subjectivity that allows us the illusion of separation. This illusionary separation is a gift in order to have experience, but when pushed too far this illusion of separation causes great, great, great suffering to One's inner and outer worlds.

Separation and difference is to be rejoiced! Unity of One is to never be forgotten. This is the true path, in my opinion.

The word "Religion" stems from the Latin word "Religare", which means "to bind", "to tie down", and "to hold back".

And that is exactly what religion does. There is no good religion, bad religion, nor good religious people or bad religious people. In religion, there is only enslavement, imprisonment, binding, tied down, and held back.

Freedom comes from kgnowing that you are the individual tree and the forest,... you are a single water drop and the ocean.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

There is. It's God.

If everyone gave up their own free will and replaced it with God's will instead, we'd have perfection and order.

Just like nature. It has a strict order. The only way we're going to perfect is to follow a strict order too, the will of God.

In heaven, the only thing we'll all be doing the same at the same time is glorifying God, but there are different ways of glorifying God, so we won't all be performing the same tasks in order to do it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What is God's will or desire for us? Who has the say in determining this? Moses? The Pharisees? The Papacy? Matthew? Mark? Luke? John? Paul? King Henry VIII? Muhammad of Mecca? Louis Farrakhan? The Ku Klux Klan? Westboro Baptist? Joseph Smith? L. Ron Hubbard?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, and it comes in through your bottom?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ok, but that is not what I described ey.

Mine would be like, everbody wants to give a lightbulb to someone else, all at the same time
So everybody starts searching for someone to give a lightbulb to. But there's an extra, ridiculous but rather frightening touch to it.

"Runs off to come back ten minutes later completely insane"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

The word "Religion" stems from the Latin word "Religare", which means "to bind", "to tie down", and "to hold back".

Where in the world did you hear that religion means "to hold back"?

As usual, I find that people who want to give religion a bad name, don't even know what the true definition of it is.

Religion may bind people together in thoughts and beliefs, but it does not imply that it holds anyone back.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Mine would be like, everbody wants to give a lightbulb to someone else, all at the same time So everybody starts searching for someone to give a lightbulb to. But there's an extra, ridiculous but rather frightening touch to it.

Can you go into more detail? What do you find frightening about it?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Kgnow

Where in the world did you hear that religion means "to hold back"?

As usual, I find that people who want to give religion a bad name, don't even know what the true definition of it is.

Religion may bind people together in thoughts and beliefs, but it does not imply that it holds anyone back.

I did not "hear" this.

What I stated is the true ACADEMIC etymological origin of the actual word "Religion". There is a great deal of information found outside of the Internet and "holy" books.

If you believe I am wrong, go ahead and research the Etymological origins of the word "Religion"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, and it comes in through your bottom?

Interesting imagination
you mean probes

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Instead of attacking me based on an uneducated and lack of knowledge regarding etymology,.... please answer my question:

What is God's Will and Desire for us, and who is the authority to say?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

Instead of attacking me based on an uneducated and lack of knowledge regarding etymology,.... please answer my question:

1 thinks you HAVE TO LOOK WITHIN to receive that what you ask...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

If you don't know who the authority is, it won't do me any good to tell you what God's will and desire for us is, would it?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, but it's like a spiritual probe.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Angle

Mine would be like, everbody wants to give a lightbulb to someone else, all at the same time So everybody starts searching for someone to give a lightbulb to. But there's an extra, ridiculous but rather frightening touch to it.

Can you go into more detail? What do you find frightening about it?

Well, to be honest, it is because I would not be in control of myself anymore

hmn

Can't add more at the moment.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It would be different for everybody now would it. God would make one desire to give a lightbulb to one who needs it, and that person would gladly accept it, see.

That frightening touch would also be, noone would need a lightbulb, and everybody would want to give one to someone else, and if nobody wants it, we would all be sad.

WAaaaah

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join