It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescued Baby owl loves getting tickled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was sent this video by a friend and it is oh so cute. I just had to share it with you guys...! Take a break from the frustrating and depressing news and let your heart be filled with awww's..!

Peace
Fluff

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That owl is cat like..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed watching.

That owls eyes are just so mesmerizing.

-nat

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Now that was cute!

My daughter loved it too!

s&f for giving us a moment of cuteness!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Real nice. I just love those birds. At least he wont be OWL by himself!! Ignore me im just a TWITwoo ..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Heh heh heh.

Cute vid, for sure. But that was funny Doc... seriously lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

AWWWWWWWW I love him! Thanks for the vid. Owlets imprint so easy. They stay with their parents for 6 months or more even. The hardest part is not petting the boogers. The blank stare.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thank you for the video owl fluff...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I am glad you all loved it..!

And LOL at TheDoctor.. I was wondering when someone was going to come up with some quick twit.......

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That's a good Video Fluff. As you can see from my avatar i like Owls.
This one i am holding at the Hawk Conservancy Trust near Andover in the UK, it's a Tawny Owl, and there's a few more pictures in www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tony S*
edit on 2013/3/23 by Pygar because: Added text

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I love that little owl. When I was about fifteen some friends and I in Great Falls, Montana happened upon a situation between a great horned owl and some blackbirds. We took advantage of this situation and managed to catch the owl, put a hood over it, wrap a belt around the wings, and put a stick in its talons and then we took it home thinking it was going to be our pet. This was a mature owl with almost a five foot wingspan. It did not become anyone's pet. Owls can really get down to business.

Recently another great horned owl used to follow me and my dog when we would go out walking at night. It would swoop from the streetlamp behind us, fly over us and land on the streetlamp ahead of us. At first this kinda scared me, but then I thought he was probably waiting for us to spook a rabbit out of the public landscaping on the side of the road.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I want a baby owl!

I want one right now!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Aaaaa-haaawwww

Thanks for posting,how absolutely endearing.I just adore owls and this bebbeh is one of the dearest cutest sights i've seen in my life!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Me too
! I have always wanted an owl of my own,and after seeing this..off the charts.I love those "sleepy eyes" when it gets tickled

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It is kinda difficult to keep an owl as a pet. You have to have falconry or rehabilitation license with your state. Then you have to prove that it will never be able to be released back into the wild. So you have to have a vet sign off that it is injured or too imprinted, etc. Even if it is a non-native species. It's a whole ordeal. Otherwise it is illegal to have an owl in the USA. I think there are different provisions for American Indian tribes though.

Here is one at the clinic that will not be released because of rickets and he is non native. Owls are so UGLY at hatch lololol. I mean look at it! It is hideous but will grow up to be a stunning barn owl.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pygar

Thanks for the link to the great pics..!

My brother is really into his birds of prey. Every time there was ever a bird show on within a 100 mile radius of us. He would badger us to go all the time..!

I have a friend of a friend up here who has a Harris Hawk. He takes it out and it does its hawk missions and amazingly comes back. I think he rescued it when it was small and raised it himself. But the hawk has never left him yet. Quite incredible really.

We also used to have a beautiful wild white barn owl up here too. But sadly every time mating season came round there was no one for him to mate with. He would search every year but it never came to fruition. So about a couple of years ago the owl flew off and never came back. I am not sure what happened to him...

Hopefully he found a mate and a family..!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I love owls. They are my favorite critters. That video was cute!

top topics

join