It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Roadblocks for DNA/Blood Samples-Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have a friend in STL that sent me this news pc. about police roadblocks set up to sample DNA/Bloodwork. According to the report..the police say this was a voluntary roadblock. Drivers could stop by and if they wanted to have their blood/dna taken they would be paid $10 bucks for dna and $50 bucks for blood. This was a to sample how many people at any given time are driving under the influence of drugs (legal/illegal) and alcohol.

If they are just sampling the general pop. for drugs/alcohol then why take DNA?

Why were roadblocks in St. Clair and Bibb counties asking for blood and DNA samples this weekend?

Thought some of you may be interested in this.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Well that is odd. First I have read of this but just happened to have a dream last night that kind of relates. First dream I have remembered in years. Wrote about it here...... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Errr... (shakes head violently to clear it) huh?!

Turrentine said the roadblocks were part of a study conducted by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, working with the National Highway Safety Administration. St. Clair County was asked to participate by the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs because it had worked with the group six years ago.

What happened to civilian/government agencies hiring temp workers and setting up for their little surveys or experiments? I'm seriously missing the link in the above chain of command for Law Enforcement interest or even LEO command in the first place?

Since when did someone's brainstorm at a Research institute equate to armed police officers questioning people on a dark highway, at a checkpoint? Optional eh...? Like a search of your vehicle on the side of the road is optional? Yeah...

I'm not saying people here couldn't say no. I'm sure they could. However, when the question is being asked by a man with a badge, gun and authority to end your freedom by his own say so? I think the implication of choice is severely diminished....to be as tactful as possible about it. I'd feel very much imposed upon to be "asked" to contribute my DNA under such circumstances. Like....If I say no, how long will they find other reasons to detain me here and make my life hell?

Bad places we're headed these days. Real bad places.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree..and why do they need DNA??? I hope someone can help me understand why in a random drug sample would they need your DNA swab? I don't get it?

I am surprised that I haven't seen this story on ATS. I would have thought this would have lit up like the fourth of July...I found the whole news story bizarre..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I imagine it's a backdoor way to continue building the Super-Database on everyone, everywhere for everything.

Not to sound like an ATS member or something (
) but we have been reading stories for awhile now about how first it was the convicted felons who got DNA taken. Then it was the arrested and charged felons who got it. Then, just the arrested. Then, heck...so much trouble distinguishing them, eh? Why not make it all arrestees? And so they did.

Now it's random people driving down the wrong road one fateful night, and 30 pieces of silver to sell their own body out to the State. That's my take.

You know, there may even be very good argument for making this DNA database that's been forming for years. In some ways, a truly complete one makes ALL crime nearly obsolete. Even a burglar leaves DNA if the methods to test become cheap and quick enough. Gattaca, USA. It's something we need to have a national debate and public agreement on though ....not slipped in under cover of darkness (Literally in this case) and passed by as if it means nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Dupe thread.

The other one is right there on the main page, 2nd column.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Both blood and DNA are being stored on a database.

Common practice in the UK is to take a compulsory DNA sample to be placed indefinitely on a national database...even if you are released, found innocent, etc.

They were supposed to destroy the DNA samples after you're found not guilty, but it came to light that on many occasions this wasn't being done.

BTW, if you refuse a DNA sample, but agree to give a blood sample, you ARE giving a DNA sample...with your blood.

This has nothing to do with road safety and everything to do with DNA databases and yours will be added to it either voluntarily or forcibly if/when you get arrested for a misdemeanor.

Crime fighting is a legit reason to do this, but when literally everyone, criminal or respectable member of society included is requested to give over their genetic code...i get a chill down my spine and my thoughts turn to the seed vaults buried under a mountain for a 'just in case' scenario.

I would most certainly absolutely refuse to give either sample to anyone, if it's compulsory and theirs no choice, then that's one thing, but if there's a choice, not a chance.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wake up people.
They are looking for certain markers. Do you all honestly still not realize that the transhuman bridge has long-since been breached?

Go ahead and suck in your breath, widen your eyes and do the high pitched, "Why that's preposterous!"

Okay, now that we've got that tired expression of ignorance over with....

Look around you.
Do normal human beings eat each other's faces?
Do normal men run around with butcher knives and cleavers and hack up school children?
Does a normal person run into a movie theater or elementary school and just start unloading stupid amounts of artillery at no one and everyone in particular?
Is it normal for centuries of dictatorial rule in huge swaths of areas to be deposed seemingly virtually overnight?

Is it normal to inject viruses and poisons into seeds and then introduce them into staple food sources for the entire globe?
What about growing an ear on the back of a mouse?
Or creating a monkey that glows in the dark?
How about using cows to produce insulin for human beings?

People by the MILLIONS OF MILLIONS have been reporting strange lights and sights in the skies with regular consistency since mid-1940. Abductee claims have skyrocketed since that same time frame. What is the main thing that EVERY SINGLE abductee claim has in common?

Reproduction experimenting.

Why would we just up and decide to bomb our own freaking moon all of a sudden.....for water?? Seriously? After billions of dollars in moon exploration, then sitting on our ass for a few decades the next 'step' of moon exploration was to BOMB IT?? On the back side, which can't be seen from earth?

Come on people. Get out of the pot before the water starts rolling at a full boil.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yeah but this thread is better because the awesome people are posting on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

sorry..but I didn't see it on the main page...plus I searched several terms and nothing new/pertaining to this came up..I don't stay on here all day so other than the search function I have no way of knowing that there were other threads..

top topics

join