It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'4 Intelligence Officials' Allegedly Joke Of 'Disappearing' NSA Leaker, Reporter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In a situation like this it is imperative for them to DESTROY any Credibility he may have left.

I am even willing to bet that some dark corner of the Government has created a fund for that exact purpose.

edit on 10-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by OneisOne

Thing to remember is....even Bob Woodward has said The Whitehouse
threatened him. Not everyone admits it, but Andrew Brietbarts death
still haunts journalists.

Think safety in numbers, I know that is what they are doing, just look at them.
They are banding together, against the danger...real or imaginary.

Completely on board with that one.

One thing that clicked in my mind the other day, I noticed how it's been the UK media breaking these stories and then I thought about the AP/DOJ/Fox News scandal. Could be we will see more international media being used for leaked info because the USA journalist are in fear of this government.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by neo96

You don't believe the media when they talk about most things, but you believe them when they offer up a press-release about Snowden's alleged "Chinese ties."

Astounding.

Then by that 'logic' 100 million Americans 'were not being spied on'.

Astounding believe one and not the other,.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I agree with that. That is not the laughable part. I think you missed the point. What I am saying is that if someone wants you dead it is Not going to matter where you are.

And I also agree that he needs to be commended.

We probably would have Never known if he did not disclose this information.

I for one am glad he did. Now he has OUR Government steppin' and fetchin' like their a$$es are on fire and their heads are a catchin'.

Hell, I will even bet he has his own satellite by now.

edit on 10-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In a situation like this it is imperative for them to DESTROY and Credibility he may have left.

I am even willing to bet that some dark corner of the Government has created a fund for that exact purpose.

I can imagine it now. "Operation: Snowstorm". lol.... He really did put them in a heck of a bind and fix. He let the allegations float just long enough to allow the worst of the guilty to babble weak excuses, then he dropped the nuclear bomb of all revelations. His own identity with no games, screens to hide his face or funny gizmos to hide his voice. He just came right out and said 'Hiya World! this is who I am, this is where I've been working for years and this is what I can't live with anymore!'.

I can imagine it has them blowing enough steam to heat a small town. I'm enjoying the show. The spymasters deserve the light for a change. They play in the shadows too much for their own mental health, let alone our national health.

To Paraphrase Gore? The Nation has a fever. The illness is at Fort Meade. Is there a doctor in the house?
edit on 10-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Your right he is owed his due process, but sooner or later 'whistleblowers' are going to get people killed.

National security is the real joke.

The thing is, so far nobody is denying what Snowden has revealed.
Intelligence agencies have a habit of killing their opposite numbers, but it will never amount to the numbers who have died from false intelligence, as in GW's war with Iraq and WMD's that never were. The guy that caused all that damage is still about, was on TV not so long ago, and smiling.
The NSA have behaved illegally, and who knows, maybe criminally, time will tell.

I thought I should add that the Chinese will not be so happy with Snowden in their neck of the woods, even though it's Hong Kong, and they are not likely to help him too much. Neither is Snowden seeking asylum as yet, in fact he said he is waiting for whoever turns up, and he has said he is at the Sheraton, even though today's BBC page says he is in an unnamed place,

www.bbc.co.uk...

Anyway, it will be interesting if the OP's link pans out.

edit on 10-6-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well he's already checked out of his hotel in Honk Kong and whereabouts unknown. My guess would be that he is in Iceland.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The US has an extradition treaty with Iceland, going there from China would be stupid, USA has no extradition treaty with China. Here are a list of countries that do not extradite to US:

Bhutan
Botswana
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada (Canada maintains an extradition treaty with the caveat that any persons extradited will not be subject to the death penalty. The Conservative government under Stephen Harper reversed this position, but the Supreme Court of Canada has placed this reversal in a state of legal uncertainty.)
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
China
Comoros
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea
Ethiopia
Gabon
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Indonesia
Iran
Ivory Coast
Jordan
Kuwait
Laos
Lebanon
Libya
Madagascar
Mali
Maldives
Mauritania
Mongolia
Morocco
Mozambique
Nepal
Niger
Oman
Qatar
Russia
Rwanda
Samoa
Sao Tome e Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu
Vietnam
Yemen
Yemen South
Zaire

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I thought Hong Kong had one, just read it.

Under the Hong Kong-U.S. treaty, both sides have the right of refusal in the case of political offenses. However, under Hong Kong's Fugitives Offenders Ordinance, Beijing has the right of veto over extraditions that could significantly affect defense or foreign affairs.

Patricia Ho, a lawyer with Daly & Associates in Hong Kong whose firm has handled asylum and refugee claims, said that given Hong Kong's lackluster track record on granting asylum, she was surprised Snowden had lauded the region for its commitment to civil liberties.

Libyan dissident Sami al-Saadi still plans to sue the Hong Kong government for its role in his illegal rendition to and imprisonment in Libya in 2004.
www.cnn.com...

edit on 10-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
What doesn't make any sense is Hong Kong. If he was responsible for the leak and then decided to out himself and was worried about being extradited, why not go somewhere there is 0% chance of being sent back to the USA. North Korea and Iran come to mind first.

According to apologist and trolls here on ATS living in either of these two countries is close to nirvana where everyone is treated fairly and neither country is responsible for any misdeeds anywhere in the world. With the added plus of not having formal ties to the US there would be no chance of being extradited. He could live out his years in peace and happiness.

According to apologists and trolls living in either America or Israel is close to Nirvava where everyone is treated fairly and neither country is responsible for any misdeeds anywhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
China makes since to me. It's a great data drop off point, lots of MSM outlets in the US have sister companies of ties to China, so the chance of his leaked info getting out was very high. Now that he's dropped his info, China makes one of the best places to run out of. Lots of travel in and out of it so much so that all of it can't be watched. Sure you might have to take a round about way out and grease a few wheels with a little cash. But you can get out with little to no trouble if you know what your doing or following someone that does.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by neo96

Your right he is owed his due process, but sooner or later 'whistleblowers' are going to get people killed.

National security is the real joke.

There is truth in what you say, the CIA plays dangerous games.
Look at Benghazi....yes National Security is a real joke.

9/11 says it all.

National Security is a nonsense phrase that's used to justify a wide variety of misconduct and crimes not much different than phrases like "the war on terror", the "war on drugs", . . . .

You should always ask yourself whose security are they talking about whenever they utter that word "National" next to the word "Security". Who are they referring to when they use the word "National"? It usually is not referring the vast majority of American citizens and residents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join