It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannibal, Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My husband and I are considering going to Hannibal, MO later this month for our anniversary. It is close and we don't have a lot of money to spend. Neither of us have ever been there before. Has anyone been there or maybe you live around there? Can anyone recommend some places to see, eat, things to do? I've been on the "Visit Hannibal" website, but there isn't as much stuff as I once thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
My husband and I are considering going to Hannibal, MO later this month for our anniversary. It is close and we don't have a lot of money to spend. Neither of us have ever been there before. Has anyone been there or maybe you live around there? Can anyone recommend some places to see, eat, things to do? I've been on the "Visit Hannibal" website, but there isn't as much stuff as I once thought.

What region of Missouri do you live?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hannibal Missouri being the home of Mark Twain, I imagine that there are several sites to visit.

Here's a few links I found.

hanmo.com

visit hannibal

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

We live in the NW region, north of Kansas City.

reply to post by dave_welch

Thank you for the links. I've been through those two already. There is the Mark Twain museum, the Mark Twain caves, and a ghost tour. I couldn't find anything else though.

Any ideas other than Hannibal?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

We live in the NW region, north of Kansas City.

reply to post by dave_welch

Thank you for the links. I've been through those two already. There is the Mark Twain museum, the Mark Twain caves, and a ghost tour. I couldn't find anything else though.

Any ideas other than Hannibal?

I'm in SW MO. Have you been to Eureka Springs Ar? Of all the places around this region, it's very interesting and we enjoyed it. It would be a 4 hour drive for you. Or course, you've probably been to Branson. Elephant Rocks is amazing, but out in the middle of nowhere. I've not been to Hannibal myself since I was a kid.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I grew up just north of there in the Quincy, IL area and moved to the St Louis area in 93 but still visit often. Hannibal does have a few attractions like the Historic District and the Cave but not much else. I went to many concerts at the amphitheater back then but after I moved away I heard the residents complained about the noise and it was closed but I am not sure. I can ask my brother as he still lives up that way. I would also suggest searching Quincy as it is only a 25 min drive north of there and has much more to do. They have concerts at the convention center and many places with live entertainment. There used to be a comedy club there that was fun but I am not sure about that anymore either. There are also many wineries if you are into that. What type of activities are you looking for? I may be able to help you out more if I know what you are looking for. Quincy is SOO easy to find your way around so I could give you directions to anywhere you wanted to go. Let me know and I would be glad to help.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

We have been to Branson but you have given me a few more places to research. Thank you very much!

reply to post by undertheraydar

I like seeing museums and unique attractions. My husband mainly likes to fish lol. I will check out what Quincy has to offer, thank you!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

If you like historic tours check Quincy out. There are over 3000 houses there listed on the IL historic register and I am sure he can find some fishing. If you stay in Quincy check out Stoney Creek Lodge. It is a great place to stay. Hope you two have a good anniversary!

top topics

join