It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture From Taksim Square---From My Hotel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Keep fighting the good fight. The world cannot afford to lose Turkey to extremist. May God be with you

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I spent two weeks in Turkey during spring break. Wonderful country. Spent quite some time in Istanbul as well. The food was excellent. They use honey in almost everything.

Well anyway, good thing I wasn't there when this happened.

One thing that freaked me out about Turkey was the pictures of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk everywhere. Seriously, I felt like I was in 1984. They always had these giant banners of him with his super imposed eyebrows and mustache, it was literally like Big Brother staring at you.

Really freaky but a great and beautiful country none the less.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

Is the prime minister Erdogan? supporting Assad in Syria, or the "rebels" whoever they may really be, in Syria?

It seems the "rebels" may be the ones (like the muslim brotherhood) that want a secular, sharia law country in Syria?

I don't know - but I'm wondering - as Turkey is a NATO country - what the people want? Western NATO/USA, or what?

Any info from the real people there in Turkey would be helpful.

Thanks..

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Are you implying that this isn't a protest?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Star & Flag for you Russ.

These kinds of informative threads are worth wadding through all the daily nonsense.

Thanks for the Data.
I hope you can keep us apprised as the situation progresses.

K~

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

It seems the "rebels" may be the ones (like the muslim brotherhood) that want a secular, sharia law country in Syria?

Any info from the real people there in Turkey would be helpful.

Thanks..

Kind of hard to have a "secular" government or country when you're trying to institute a religulous judicial system like Sharia Law.

What? His tour guide & the people in the streets protesting the authoritarian religious overreach by Turkey's leader aren't real?

edit on 6-6-2013 by aethertek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

Is Erdagon pro-Assad, or anti-Assad in Syria?

Are the people of Turkey pro-Assad, or anti-Assad in Syria?

Are the people of Turkey pro-Erdogan, or anti-Erdogan? It seems they are protesting Erdogan's secular views. Is this new? How long has Erdogan been the prime minister? Is Erdogan pro-muslim brotherhood rebels in Syria ? and that's what is making him more secular in Turkey?

I'm asking questions. I don't know. I don't know what kind of info we are getting in the US is accurate, and what is not.

Are the people of Turkey afraid of all the refugees coming from Syria? I'm asking - I don't know.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Read this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

& google is your friend.
www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

OK - so, this is setting up to be another union/CIA/rebel arab spring uprising - just like the unsuccessful arab spring uprisings in Libya, Egypt, and the rest of the middle east.

See john mccain slithering over there to create more chaos.

Oh, I really feel for those poor pawns. Why doesn't the US just get the heck out of the middle east?

You can bet money is pouring in to create "armed resistance" or "gov't aide" in the need for more weapons - whichever the us gov't thinks will cause the most harm.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I'm going to put this out there - I read somewhere that WW3 was going to start between Greece and Turkey - I couldn't figure out how that could be - now I can see TPTB are setting this up.

Remember, Greece is still in the EU, and the EU is sending all kinds of arms to Greece (which appears to be going bankrupt, by the MSM press)

Now, we can see where TPTB are setting up Turkey to be put into chaos - along with errant missiles from Syria and a whole lot of refugees - and a newly fundamentalist Erdogan?

This is all so sickening. I know everyone is thinking I'm crazy - I wish I were.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The Prime Minister is going to have to make some changes

I dont see that at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No kidding, I didn't know anyone compromised anymore, that seems out of character for how arrogant everyone is these days.

If anyone wants help predicting future events, just assume that everyone is going to keep going in the exact same direction they are going right now because without compromises and communication, that is exactly what is going to happen.
edit on 6-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
For people who are saying this is the CIA or whatever I deeply disagree. I have a friend in Turkey who is a part of the whole thing and he has expressed to me the whole situation but just think of it this way. Imagine you are one of these radical nutcases, why would you protest a government which is destroying the secular society of Turkey? Surely you would just leave him to his business but no there are protests in over sixty cities in an attempt to preserve their secular society.

I genuinely believe this Turkish spring is a true one and has not been hijacked at all, if an even worse crackpot ended up replacing the already bonkers PM of Turkey you can bet the people of Turkey would rise up against him too! Turkey is the land where the east meets the west, continuing the tradition of Constantinople but Erdogan wants to end all of that in favour for his idealist sharia vision.

This is a true peoples uprising.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

That doesn't necessarily mean there is no outsider agents stirring up trouble, and fanning the flames so to speak.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The turkish people as far as I know it were on a great economical east western course. They tried hard to becoming a member of the european union. Brussel should have let them enter. I see turkey as strong bridge between the middle east and the west and we can't effort too loose them to be devided by politics and religion I hope they will find a peacefull way to overcome this conflict with all the tensions in this region..

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Great thread MRuss - I only posted to second antoinemarionette's post:

Originally posted by antoinemarionette

This is the kind of thread that makes it worth being a member of ATS.

Please continue taking photos and adding them to this thread so we can really see the atmosphere of what is going on there.

I also liked your assessment of the reasons behind these protests. Thank you citizen journalist!

Good work

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I disagree and think, the EU did well by demanding more changes from the Turkish government. Just these days Europe is watching how Erdogan is dealing with the protests. It is not economical success that makes a democracy, but more the rights of the people.
Right now Erdogan is drifting away from the values of the EU more than ever before. Teargas, pepperspray, arrests of bloggers and tweeters... These are no qualifications for a future EU member.

But there is hope, that Erdogan is aware of this and won't go too far with his actions. If he gets to the point, that he does not need the EU anyway, then this could get very bad. And it would be a very complicated situation as Turkey is a member of NATO...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Can someone in a nut shell tell me what the protests are about?

please
Regards Jamie

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In nutshell real estate developers want to tear up the the park and develop it.
It's a bit more complicated than that of course but that's where it all started a few weeks ago. Sort of like if president O'Bama said he was going to bulldoze Central Park in New York city and no one has any say in it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Have you guys noticed that the OP hasn't posted here or anywhere else at ATS in 17 hours. Hello OP, and at least let us know all is well.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join