It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
1. It's tasty
2. It puts you in a different sometimes unfamiliar state of mind. See the world from a different point of view.
3. Maybe you should have a beer. Try a Guiness.
4. its tasty

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Looks tasty. I am going to have to try it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekersRUS

Originally posted by wulff
I have never understood how anyone could like the taste, to me it seems like a stale taste! Over the years, people have made fun of me because I am from German ancestry!
I always wondered if beer drinkers started out not liking it but did it because it was 'cool' and they eventually acquired a taste for it.
Well, that's my take on it, I will stick to my Coca-Cola!

If you can drink your own piss, you can drink beer.

Edit: Beer tends to be the gateway to hard alcohol.
edit on 5-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

Huh? I don't believe I could drink my own piss, so I guess I can't drink beer!
So, do you drink your own piss?? That's fine, to each his own!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by needlenight

Drinking a cold one while working on the car with some friends is usually a good time as well. I remember a crate engine advertisement that advertised it as the 4 hours and a six pack swap.

Having a few cold brews with the buddies is always a good time, whether you're working on some project, fishing, camping, or just watching the game on tv.

That is if done in MODERATION! Case in point: We built a strong Small Block Chevy (with Tunnel-Ram) for my 1967 Z-28 and one of the guys that was installing the intake had had about 24 beers too many! when I fired it up and took it for a test run it was strong, then before I got back to the shop it started backfiring and blowing out of the carbs, I pulled the intake off and found a 'shorty' 9/16" box-end wrench holding open an intake valve!! It was awesome till it worked it's way through the manifold to the valve!! LOL!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why do people drink alcohol?

Well for me, my relationship with alcohol is probably quite an interesting one.

I almost never get drunk but I do drink perhaps twice to 3 times a week.

My drink of choice is a single malt Scottish whisky; right now I am working my way through a 10 year old Talisker storm which is an amazing bottle of Whisky. I only drink though about one nip at a time and usually alone while reading a book or watching TV with my better half. I drink it because I like it and because its just so dam good!

and when i am finished it i have a 21 year old Jura waiting for me

I like to savour every sip, I drink it neat, I can almost taste the Isle of Sky, it’s really quite amazing. I love everything about it, I even keep the bottle and box that it comes in.

Other than that yes I do like a good beer, although my pint of choice is actually Stout, Guinness. Again an amazing drink the chemistry behind it is unreal and once you find the perfect bar to pour it then you won’t forget it. A perfect Guinness is really quite the experience, I have visited the distillery in Dublin (along with quite a few Scottish whisky distilleries) and I got that experience, the bar at the top of the distillery overlooks the whole of Dublin and pours the perfect pint.

Guinness might a perfect pint but it’s nothing like getting a nip of a 50 year old highland park whisky, oh yes, I have had that pleasure it was unreal and a memory I will cherish forever.

Some of the comments I have read on this thread appear to be very judgmental of those of us who drink, almost snobbish.

Well they just don’t know what they’re missing out on, sipping on their cranberry juice.

edit on 10-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
*cracks beer and takes a nice long sip*

*siiiiiiiip*

lemme tell ya about my day.
Naw, I better not, it might put me in court...lol

Anyways, sometimes a beer is just the right thing to calm nerves and make you feel a bit more social and talkative.

After a hot day at work, it is one of the best things ever!
I go through periods where I can't stand it but one hot summer day full of hard work is all it takes.

Then a beer is the best thing in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I wonder, are most of the posters, who are objecting to beer, female?
reply to post by charles1952

Nope. Do teens start drinking beer because it tastes good, or just to get a buzz on and feel like adults (who started drinking beer as teens to feel like adults)? Beer doesn't taste good, else everyone would be drinking that fake crap that has no alcohol in it.

edit on 6/29/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Blasphemer!!

Beer does taste good... but its an acquired taste

Just like that crazy stuff the brits put on toast... what's it called?

Marmite?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jiggerj

Blasphemer!!

If beer is an acquired taste it means you actually have to work at it to like it. Why do that when ginger ale is good right from the very first sip? Answer: People only drink beer to get alcohol in their brains in a socially acceptable manner. Would you drink beer without alcohol in it?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jiggerj

Blasphemer!!

If beer is an acquired taste it means you actually have to work at it to like it. Why do that when ginger ale is good right from the very first sip? Answer: People only drink beer to get alcohol in their brains in a socially acceptable manner. Would you drink beer without alcohol in it?

of course... and I have on occasion...

Kinda nifty when you can get a beer at 7/11...

Yes initially it doesn't taste great, but as you've said most peoples experience with it starts at a young age... and personally I liked it back then as well..

As one gets older said person's pallet appreciates beverages that aren't sweet... Some people love the taste of Tonic water... I think its nasty and bitter...

To each their own... ye know?

edit on 29-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Beer pairs well with food at the table
it helps you to relax after a long day of work
it tastes good on its own.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
For all those Guinness drinkers out there, please try Samuel Smith's Oatmeal and Imperial stouts.

Superbe!

Seriously. Put down the Guinness and go to your local world-beer store. Do it now.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow they do Sam smiths out in the USA? I have been to the old brewery on a few tours (got drunk) mad to know It has been going since 1758...older than the states isn't it?
Oh and the extra stout they do is excellent.
Their pubs have always been cheap and back in the day this pub used to be my office (after I got the dray in and done the weekend banking when I was a bar/cellerman).
www.heritagepubs.org.uk...
edit on 1-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There are so many good beers out there. My fiance didnt like beer until I got her some that she likes. Its just that most people, their first beer is bud light or some other crap like that.

Then they get turned off, and think all beer is the same. I can tell you some amazing beers you just might like.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the Post

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I don't drink it like water, but have one stubbie twice a week with dinner when eating out. I drink a brand called corona and its quite yum.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join