It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I vote for the enjoyment of going to the toilet every 20 minutes..But despite that i love beer because its fizzy,its cold,and it leaves a nice smoky after taste.Depending the kind of beer of course

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoldOfIce
I vote for the enjoyment of going to the toilet every 20 minutes..But despite that i love beer because its fizzy,its cold,and it leaves a nice smoky after taste.Depending the kind of beer of course

Dude... yer breakin the seal...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Dude... yer breakin the seal...

Well you have to break the seal in order to drink that beer my friend

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Beer... it was an accident when bread in water fermented. It was not the stuff it is today when it was first drunk. If you think it's bad now, you'd have had no idea thousands of years ago.

But real beer is magical.

Oh brewing your own beer, nothing is better than to see it come to life, to smell it take hold, to hear it violently boiling inside the trub.. It's as if you've taken inanimate things and created life itself. The smell slowly permeating everywhere as you listen to the hiccups from the air lock. Oh Oh OOOh I'd love to brew a batch now.

A good beer is a gift.

Not this artificially carbonated swill full of cancer that they sell in bulk. They've taken the slow process of creation, and rendered it a expedited experiment which is then blown up with co2 to sell to drunks and weirdos.. Oo

A stout is like a steak for your lips. A bbq in your mouth. A proper, real stout. It bights you as you drink it, revealing flavours that seem to punch their way down your throat.

It's an art. Making it, not drinking it.

if your beer looks and tastes like piss, we forgive you.

Ohh god who'd be a recovering alcho..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Whats wrong with you ?
You should perhaps brew your own and start drinking. Many different societies across the world invented a way and practiced to brew beer/wine/liquor/liquer etc etc. Its relaxing and it tastes good not to mention its healthy (if consumed moderately).

BEER
edit on 5-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
When I was a teenager I'd drink it to get buzzed.
When I became of legal age I'd drink it nice and cold because it tasted so darn good.
I can't drink it now (Sjogens). I really miss Molson Ale. ahhhhhhhhhh it was so good.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I drink beer on the weekends. I'm not a fan of hard liquor, and I like to cut loose with friends every once in a while. That's why i drink beer

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

On a hot sunny day, start up the BBQ...open a few COLD beers with some buddies...how can you go wrong with that

It just tastes good and very relaxing.. But I love Whisky better

edit on 5-6-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

An excellent way to get a lot responses stars and flags. Job well done.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

As a 26 y old guy, i gotta come clean... i hate beer.... yes the taste... only reason i drink because of the social aspects of it, hanging around with friends... and i have been drinking(every other weekends) for like 8 years.

Nope, still waiting for that "acquired taste" to kick in. My dad guzzles it down like its honey.

I said i do not like the taste, not hating on alcohol.

As a health nut, who enjoys occasional vodka, i just dont see the point behind empty calories and bad taste of beer.
edit on 6/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Yeah, I don't get the beer thing. I'm more of a liquor person myself. Gets you somewhere instead of bloating yourself filling up on beer and some of it tastes a whole lot better especially in mixed drinks. I just could never get a taste for beer and don't feel like hammering down a six pack to obtain a buzz. [/quote

Im wondering what type of beer you have tried. There are so many microbrews out there right now that have great flavor and subtle undertones more varied than any liquor . Not to mention range anywhere from 5%-9% alcohol a six pack of 8% beer would giveget most people pretty lit. To each their own though i dont like hard liquor, i cant sleep when i drink it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Beer is liquid bread, back in the old days when kids were sent up T' chimneys etc they were given 2 pints of "small beer" (around 2% abv) because the water was not safe to drink.
Why do I drink it? lots to try, many different flavours, gets me drunk
sociable.

A song for you all

The amount of times I have been drunk and just laughed....it's great.

Even the sumerians drank beer and have a goddess called Ninkasi, If I met her I would buy her a pint or 10

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister1
I don't know why anyone would drink an American beer. They are filtered, watered down carbonated junk.

That is because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Obviously you are completely unaware of the micro brew revolution that hit America in the late 80's. "filtered, watered down carbonated junk"? What, Budweiser or Coors? Yeah sure if you think those are the only two beers from The USA.

Allow me to remedy your misconceptions.........

Top 20 U.S Microbrews

U.SBreweries

So as you can see now the errors in your judgement, maybe you should actually take a trip over here so you can taste and see first hand just how misled that you are about American suds. I recommend a pint of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to start off your education. My Favorite Pale Ale of America. ~$heopleNation

Sierra Nevada

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I feel like I am reading a teen blog or something?!? No offense intended,

If you have ever performed manual labor (mowing the lawn, roofing a house, working on a car) on a hot Texas summer day, think 110 degrees outside, Ice cold beer from the cooler is like a gift from the gods.

I can't think of anything more refreshing!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Yup I went to the San Francisco brewing company a few years back and at the time I ran an award winning real ale pub and wow some of those beers were amazing.
I remember one called Liberty Ale and that is in my top 10, I get it imported now.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's like coffee, an acquired taste. I always ask people, when discussing beer or coffee, the very first time that you tried either, did you like the taste? Invariably, the answer is no. Smoking....the same way. I think it's all about peer pressure. Your friends are doing it, so you learn to adapt and like it. As an aside, my favorite smell in the whole world is opening a can of coffee. It almost gives me a high. But I hate to drink the stuff. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Personally, I don't like the taste of drinking beer, but for some reason, I do like the smell and it's awesome in some recipes. So I can see where some do like it. It does have it's benefits too (in moderation, like all things good) It can be good for- your heart, breast milk supply, kidneys, brain health (yes, even that), reducing chance of cancer, reducing chance of stroke, blood pressure, ect. (Again, moderation is key for any benefits)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

They drink beer because its difficult
to eat with a fork!!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
why do people drink beer?

I only sipped it a couple of times 20+ years ago.

Why do people drink it like water?
It tastes horrible but it gets you drunk, that's why people drink it.

Being drunk is a good feeling after a hard long week.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Because its a drug and makes you feel good. Thats why.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join