It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
why do people drink beer?

I only sipped it a couple of times 20+ years ago.

Why do people drink it like water?

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
why do people drink beer?

I only sipped it a couple of times 20+ years ago.

Why do people drink it like water?

Because its delicious...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Personally, it looks like urine.

And it taste nasty.

Plus, it does nothing.

So, I would like to know the same thing.

I have no clue.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diabolical

Personally, it looks like urine.

And it taste nasty.

Plus, it does nothing.

So, I would like to know the same thing.

I have no clue.

I second that. I refer to it as piss water. I think people have been duped into drinking beer. I think we have a conspiracy here!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Actually, beer has a lot of nutrients in it. Or rather it used to, there's probably less now because of all the modern processes we put it through.

This was important in the middle ages and other times when there was poor nutrition as it provided many nutrients people wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

As for today? Beer tastes nice if you can find the right kind. It's funny, the most popular beers (Miller,Budweiser, etc) also have the worse flavor.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
WHAT!?!
Are you people insane?

MODS! Why isn't this in Hoax or LOL or something away from normal people.

You haven't drunk beer. Get some Salvator, the head's so thick you can stand a spoon in it. Or if you're freaky, get some raspberry Belgian ale. Or, you could try . . . Oh, what's the use. Beer has as many subtleties as wine, there is a world of beer to explore.

When I was in Milwaukee I'd stop by a bar and restaurant run by a Hungarian couple. He had a beer club with a membership card, punch card, the whole thing. He kept on hand, 300 different beers. After you'd tried 20, he'd give you a small beer mug. as you tried more, he'd give you a larger and larger mug. I'm quite proud of mine, thank you.

And when your throat's closed up because you've been mowing for the last hour and a half, there are a lot of American beers which are just perfect.

I'm disappointed in you. I wonder, are most of the posters, who are objecting to beer, female?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
WHAT!?!
Are you people insane?

MODS! Why isn't this in Hoax or LOL or something away from normal people.

You haven't drunk beer. Get some Salvator, the head's so thick you can stand a spoon in it. Or if you're freaky, get some raspberry Belgian ale. Or, you could try . . . Oh, what's the use. Beer has as many subtleties as wine, there is a world of beer to explore.

When I was in Milwaukee I'd stop by a bar and restaurant run by a Hungarian couple. He had a beer club with a membership card, punch card, the whole thing. He kept on hand, 300 different beers. After you'd tried 20, he'd give you a small beer mug. as you tried more, he'd give you a larger and larger mug. I'm quite proud of mine, thank you.

And when your throat's closed up because you've been mowing for the last hour and a half, there are a lot of American beers which are just perfect.

I'm disappointed in you. I wonder, are most of the posters, who are objecting to beer, female?

Well you were right... we do have more things in common then I thought...

Im quite the connoisseur myself, i love trying new beer... though I do stick to Blue...

heres a bit of beer irony... Im Canadian... and that's the only beer I actually hate... :barf;

edit on 4-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, I don't know why people drink the stuff. Personally? I never much liked the taste. However, I will say the first video I watched in my Geography course last year was memorable. Did you know beer saved the world?

It may seem hard to believe and when she first brought it up for the class to watch? I was tempted to ask her if she'd been off drinking the topic before class started. However, by the end? Well....Learn something every day is my motto. That is a very educational video! No kidding..I'm dead serious! It really does go THAT far back and it really did play THAT pivotal a role.

The Egyptians even used it as a key base for medicine that didn't exist again until recently in the world. It apparently came as a near 'fall over' type shock when scientists realized what they were seeing in ancient Egyptian evidence and mummified remains...and what it meant. Amazing stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I know right, when did people loose their taste? Its all about scotch/whiskey with ice on a glass cup now thats a real drink
If you like wine thats ok too

Im guessing because beer is cheap
edit on 4-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't get the beer thing. I'm more of a liquor person myself. Gets you somewhere instead of bloating yourself filling up on beer and some of it tastes a whole lot better especially in mixed drinks. I just could never get a taste for beer and don't feel like hammering down a six pack to obtain a buzz.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

There are alot of folks who seem to dislike beer here, maybe they have only ever had Budweiser the king of ...well ...nothing.
But I suggest that there are many beers out there from the bitter to sweet that are just awesome.
Many bottled beers can be not very good as in the time it takes for them to go from one end of the globe to the other, they have lost that "special or magical" flavor that made them so good, fresh beer is truly king.
My favorite mass produced beer would have to be Guiness, It reminds me alot of a carbonated and cold version of black coffee, I love my coffee btw.

But there are so many others out there, I'd suggest some folks visit a local microbrew and do some sampling as there are many very good flavors available.
Please though, take many friends and a designated driver, freinds enhance the flavor and the security of a safe means home allows you to unwind abit, the flavor is best with a smile on your face.
Good music is also an excellent multiplier, everything is good with some good music, it enhances the smile.
Now there are whole other categories of liquors, Mead for one....but that is another lesson!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Beer is like nectar. It is delicious and varies in taste. It looks like urine? Tea looks like poop that sat in toilet water and margarita froth looks like semen. Yea beer is an acquired taste I must admit. Maybe you just haven't had the right beer yet? I make my own and it did take me a long time to get the flavor I like the most, but beer is a tradition for me. Beer is a nice ride too. You can get a quick ride home on a couple of vodkas, but you get a smooth ride on a couple of beers or twelve. Were you not raised to worship beer?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'll say there are some pretty crappy "yellow" beers out there, especially Ice beer which I believe is really malt liquor (depending on the alcohol content) renamed to be marketed differently. Kalamazoo, Michigan, has Kalamazoo Brewing Co./Bell's Beer. Larry Bell and his team have been producing quality micro brew for a little over 20 years and I think we are darn lucky he is in our community. I guarantee your palette would be awakened in a good way if one were to sample a great quality beer with some real quality ingredients. Bell's Beer has a quote they use in their advertising that says, "If God wanted us to filter our beer he wouldn't have given us a liver". It pretty much sums up cheap filtered beer! I wouldn't turn down a "yellow" beer if offered, but I don't buy any of it for myself. However, I would drink or purchase some of the better pilsener available though, but nothing is cheap about quality beer of any brewing style whether it be foreign or domestic. Since the person who started this thread didn't tell us what they prefer, if anything, one thing seems to be indicated and that is they seem to lead a sheltered life. Either that or they decided 20 years ago that all beer sucks and they are to good to drink it? Maybe they are a really finicky eater too. I don't know anyone who doesn't like beer except for those "on the wagon". I couldn't care less if others are happy drinking their cheap filtered beer. That's their loss. Beer cannot be generalized across the board as "piss water" though as that is cutting Beer short in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I just started drinking a bit during hockey playoffs for the first time in my life. I grew up in a family of alcoholics and never understood them...still don't

But I found there's nothing wrong with having a few during the game. It's mostly just an atmosphere thing.

What I don't understand is when people get stone drunk and then want to drive home with you in the passenger seat. That really irks me! And some people are just plain stupid when they're drunk. I'm not a stupid drunk, so it's not that bad for me. Stupid drunks are not cool though.

Although I don't suspect that I'll continue drinking beyond the NHL playoffs, I've learned that it's not as bad as I previously judged it to be. It's an escape; which I don't agree with. But hockey playoffs are also an escape, so why not just enhance the mood? Like all things, moderation is the key. Buddha says take the middle path!

By the way, I am posting this while still slightly drunk

edit on 5-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Well you were right... we do have more things in common then I thought...
and my parents are Canadian, they married and came into the US in the 1940s. You know, if we keep finding similarities, I'll have you in a Roman Catholic pew inside a year. (My grandmother was Ukranian Orthodox, if you'd rather go that way.)

I daated a young lady who was Irish-German-etc., I'm half italian. She thought spaghetti was what came out of a Kraft box. Honestly!
In some products there really is a significant difference. If you start with bad beer or Swisher Sweet cigars, you'll be off them for life and never know what you missed.

I suppose the people who think beer is bad are more to be pitied than censured.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
it is ming blowing buddy..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Why do people drink beer.

Well sir beer is every amazing adventure ever told in a bottle.
But really that's a true statement.

It makes a room full of strangers your best friend that you love dearly.
It also makes you glad you have no idea who they are the next morning.

But more important then anything else.
Beer make women's clothing fall off.

edit on 5-6-2013 by mythots because: To sober to type

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sachieauckland

it is ming blowing buddy..

You better call a cab, your ming is blown.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't know why anyone would drink an American beer. They are filtered, watered down carbonated junk.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister1
I don't know why anyone would drink an American beer. They are filtered, watered down carbonated junk.

LOL oh come on they're not that bad... On a rippin hot day, you'd take an American beer if it was offered...

Its cold...wet, tastes like water...

Not like ye can't get drunk off em...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join