It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood-surfing in Austria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As many of you may have heard, we have major flooding across central Europe. Here in Austria, people are trying to make the best out of a desperate situation by surfing the waves of the flood (video):

www.oe24.at...

During the floods in Austria and neighboring countries provides for numerous human tragedies, there are few extreme athletes use the brutal water measurements for her pleasure. More and more videos of breakneck surfers in flood areas appear on the Internet. In Austria flood surfers have been spotted as the video shows.

In Switzerland, the police have had to intervene and took several of their surfers board. The spectacular wave rides are anything but harmless. Especially driftwood represents a great danger to the Sportsman

Flooding in Vienna
In the flooded areas along the Danube in Lower Austria anxiety and hope it continues. In the late afternoon, the high is expected to be around 10.90 meters at the level Kienstock in the Wachau. The crucial question is whether the protection systems and dams hold. In the district of Amstetten in Wallsee had to be reinforced with "big packs" on Tuesday, the dam on the Danube.

It's been raining all day and will be raining all week, so I think I will get a chance to try this too, lol...
edit on 4-6-2013 by HedyLamarr because: added text

Edit: In winter you can also snowboard on the street: www.oe24.at...
edit on 4-6-2013 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Talk about making the best of a bad situation

Where i live, if it floods people usually go for the canoes, but this looks more fun that paddling

join