It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Next??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
reply to post by Iamschist

bet it would put a smile on your face though
meeeeoooowwww

The guinness would probably work better, at least when we hear the cat squalling, we know where to look, cat kicker!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by winofiend

You fill the bath with pinetarsol. It's foul. Coal tar black, but you have to do something. It's murdering you. You step in, you lie down. The warm water tempts the itching to cease... momentarily. You exit the sanctity of the tub, and somehow pat your self dry. It wriggles under your skin again. It's not content. It wants your soul. That's the end of day 5.

You scare me sometimes.
My 'what's next' question actually refers to what possible disease lies waiting after this one, but, after reading what you wrote, maybe I will narrow my scope and just try to get through today.

Haha
I speak from experience. I got the dreaded chicken pox at about 17. Started off as a strange head ache for about 2 days and then I erupted in the little blisters.

Not a nice time. 2 weeks of it.

Thought I am surprised you've had it twice, I did always think that the if it flared up again (once you get it, you get it for life) it's shingles which can be deadly.

Ahh you'll get over this and feel renewed. then be hit by a winter cold from someone jetting around the planet dragging their germs from country to country.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

What's Next??
You will heal of everything,and you will become young once again.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Got the chiken pox when I was 14. Im sorry to say but for me it wasn't that bad. At first it was hell but then someone told my mom to put rum on the blisters and they would dry out and control the itchiness.
I tried it, and it worked, a couple of days and I was much better. Not saying its going to work or that you should try, just telling you my experience.

Get well.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Lovely thoughts Pi, in time this will clear up and someday I will be ageless

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Thank you for sharing your experience. The rum sounds interesting and something I had not heard of.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Lovely thoughts Pi, in time this will clear up and someday I will be ageless
I know that sometimes reality is overwhelming,but miracles still happen.

All we have to do is to see and to believe.

Because the ages still can come back where once were.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey iamchist, I'm really sorry to hear about your pox, sounds brutal. I had shingles all up my groin and backside a few years ago.

I hope you get over it soon.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'll tell you whats next,
you will get over the pox
and you will feel AWESOME!

I used to hate getting sick, but then after it all passes you feel so damn good!

Here is to hoping for a quick recovery!

c(_)

*sip*

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wow, I am miserable, but you win the miserable trophy for groin shingles! Man that had to be brutal.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Look we match!
Thanks for dropping by friend. Yeah I know this will pass, grateful too.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes I know about shingles, but the Dr. said it is the pox. I suppose that means I still have shingles to look forward to.

Not everyone gets shingles but when you get older the chance increases dramatically if you have had chicken pox. Shingles is alot worse and more painful.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

I am a person of faith, and synchronicity. I have been 'resting' in my illness, accepting that it is either serving a purpose or will serve a purpose. Thank you for the link

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Like you, I am a survivor of anemia. In 2007 the doctor told me I had a week to live if I didn't have a blood transfusion. I chose to put my faith in God and chose not to get the transfusion.

They put me on high levels of iron to build my blood. A month later, I had the surgery needed to stop the hemorrhaging.

Like you, on my way to recovery I experienced a lot of different inexplicable illness.

One of the things I learned when I was sick is, anemia causes sever depletion of Vitamin "D"

Lack of Vitamin "D" can cause all kinds of problems and I suspect this is the reason (like me) you are having so much trouble. Your immune system is low. Vitamin "D" builds your immune system. You will need more then the recommended dosage. You might want to ask your doctor to check your levels. Vitamin "D" depletion is epidemic with both men and women but it affects women more then men.

Once you begin to take the Vitamin "D" you should notice a difference in your well being within a week. It doesn't take long to notice the difference. You will still experience challenges on your road to recovery, but YOU WILL GET BETTER

Anemia is a very hard illness to recover from. People who have never experience anemia can never understand how difficult it is to make a come back. It took me a good three years to finally feel like I beat it. It wasn't easy but it can be done. Lack of Vitamin "D" is responsible for all kinds of illnesses that you would never imagine. I'd lay money on your lasted challenges being associated with your depletion. Good luck! I'm rooting for you =) YOU CAN DO IT

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

It does have a purpose. You are going to be a better person. You are going to grow spiritually more then you can imagine. What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger =)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ladytamatha

Thank you for your encouraging words. It means that much more coming from someone who knows. I can't remember what it feels like to be well. I do take extra Vit D, but it may not be enough, thank you for that tip. I look forward to being on the other side of all this.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I know exactly how you feel. It seems like you will never over come. BUT YOU WILL!

I remember having absolutely zero energy. I had time loss. I'd wake up in the morning and then all of the sudden, it was dark and time to go to bed. I had absolutely no memory of the day that I had just experienced. It was really weird.

The bottoms of my feet were the most ugly yellow you have ever seen. THAT SCARED ME. They were flat and I felt like I was walking on bone. My finger nails were flat (still are but not as bad) and my hands were nothing but flat, deflated skin and bones. I teetered between this life and the next and many times I wondered if I would wake up. I was so weak, I couldn't lift my head off of my lap.

In a lot of ways, it was the worst experience of my life. But, in other ways, it was the best experience of my life because I lived to tell and I'm a better person.

I was so close to passing over to the other side that I saw ghosts, demons, my angel of death and my ANGEL OF LIFE. I experienced what the Bible says is the "Book of Life". My Guardian ANGEL was a beautiful female with long blond hair and she did indeed wear a white robe. She didn't speak. She took me to a time when I was about 7 years old. Something happened back then that I had been blaming myself for my entire life. I have no idea what it was to this day but whatever it was, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulder ever since.
Like I said, she didn't speak like we do. She just pointed and the message was spoken to me inside my head. I don't know how else to explain it.

I know you are feeling scared but don't be. You have made it this far. That is a sure sign that you are going to make it all the way. It might take years for you to fully recover. I know it did for me. I know you feel like you are never going to get back to your old self and you are right. You will NEVER be your old self again. YOU ARE GOING TO BE MUCH BETTER THEN YOUR OLD SELF........ You are going to emerge from this like a beautiful rose. Right now, you are a flower bud. Soon you will be blooming again and then you will be in full bloom! I PROMISE.

The problems you are experiencing are normal for someone who has experienced such a devastating illness. Please just keep the faith. GOD has a purpose for you. If he didn't, you would already be gone. This experience has been given to you to teach you something. It might take years before it is revealed to you. For me? Maybe, God let me stay so that I could be here to encourage you through this difficult time. I hope so =)

It taught me to appreciate the little things in life. We take so much for granted. Hot bath, running water, flushing toilet, cool air in the summer and heat in the winter. It is the little things in life that count and gratitude is the most important thing in this life.

I'm so proud of you for making it this far. You are a WINNER and YOU WILL BEAT THIS. Something else, I'm sure you have been feeling really depressed and ugly. That is part of the illness. When you get better, you are going to feel even more Beautiful then you were before the illness and really are today.

There really IS LIFE after anemia. If you ever need to talk to someone who has been through it and understands your plight, I am here for you. I will support you and I will do everything in my power to further encourage you as you travel down this yellow brick road. You are a Light in the Darkness. Soon, your light will shine brighter then ever. I have book marked this page in case you need me. Peace be with you and all you Love. You are an Angel in the flesh. Giant hugs from me to you here in the spirit world of ATS. Cheers! YOU WILL WIN!!! DON'T LOSE FAITH IN YOURSELF!!! YOU WILL BEAT THIS!!! GOD HAS A PURPOSE FOR YOU!!! YOU HAVE AN ANGEL AND YOUR ANGEL IS BY YOUR SIDE. SHE IS HELPING YOU THROUGH THIS AND SHE IS PROTECTING YOU =)

edit on 5-6-2013 by ladytamatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I first got chickenpox at the age of 23-i felt so sick,i've heard that it's far worse when you get it as an adult.Looks to be true,because when my 2 girls had it,it was little more than a nuisance for them-while i felt that a train went over me.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

That is unusual to get it at 23. I can appreciate the train.
As an adult I am much more aware of all the places I am breaking out, inside and out

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join