It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being an introvert is....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donice
"the older i grow the more i listen to people who dont speak much - Glien Germain

i cant think of anything better to say when it comes to introverts.

listen too those that dont speak 600 words a minute.
we all might learn a thing or two.

I've long held that if the world news can be reported in half an hour, then people gabbing for more than ten minutes a day aren't saying anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
I'm an introvert and I'm nothing like the OP. What you're describing sounds more like a serious social retardation than simply being introverted.

What kind of person walks out on a birthday party somebody put together for them? Or doesn't like music?

It's no wonder you don't have any friends!

What part of being human requires the enjoyment of music? I don't like ginger and tomatoes too, does that make me abnormal?

Nothing "requires" humans to enjoy music, but humans have brains and brains are, as far as I know, wired to enjoy music.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

From your descriptions it sounds like there's a lot more going on than simple introversion. If you don't like music you could have hearing problems(tone deaf?), be lacking in imagination, be autistic, suffer from melophobia.... or any number of rare things, but it's 100% nothing to do with being an introvert!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm an introvert and I'm nothing like the OP. What you're describing sounds more like a serious social retardation than simply being introverted.

What kind of person walks out on a birthday party somebody put together for them? Or doesn't like music?

It's no wonder you don't have any friends!

What part of being human requires the enjoyment of music? I don't like ginger and tomatoes too, does that make me abnormal?

Nothing "requires" humans to enjoy music, but humans have brains and brains are, as far as I know, wired to enjoy music.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

From your descriptions it sounds like there's a lot more going on than simple introversion. If you don't like music you could have hearing problems(tone deaf?), be lacking in imagination, be autistic, suffer from melophobia.... or any number of rare things, but it's 100% nothing to do with being an introvert!

well, I simply don't enjoy music. And im not tone deaf, in fact I have excellent hearing. I am simply a logical and literal person. I need imagination and creativity for work - troubleshooting and fixing old and rare equipment as well as some of my hobbies.

I never said not liking music was part of me being an introvert - simply that I don't enjoy it so don't actively seek out music / social gatherings.

There may well be studies that have proven the human propensity to enjoy music, but there are always exceptions to the rule and I and one other in this thread alone have stated our non-enjoyment of it.

Why you have such a hard time with this I do not know.

Its like when people ask me why I don't like wine, and then say "its because you haven't found the right one for you". Well, if I don't like the basic wine flavour no variation on it is going to make me feel any different.

I can appreciate the art and the actual sound of music, but appreciation and active enjoyment are two different things
edit on 2-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

To each their own, certainly. If you're happy, then who cares?

Me? I live having my good friends, and spending time with them. Indeed, activities on the weekend with family and friends are what I work hard all week for.

I do like some alone time, and wish I had more, but not at the expense of fun with friends.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'm definitely an Introvert myself, I can't stand when people say "Aren't you bored" or "What's wrong with you, your bring so quiet."

I just like to think! I think, a lot. Sometime's it's not a good thing =] But I also don't care for bar's or club's, I'll go once in a great while but I get exhausted with people easily. I like my alone time. Which is why I mainly stay awake all night. During the day everyone's awake and I have children, so at night is my time to think and listen to music and be alone for once.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

this most certainly could be the cause... introversion has nothing to do with personality or interest but mere personal need of energy restoration...

I can appreciate the art and the actual sound of music, but appreciation and active enjoyment are two different things

ah, is it at all possible that your lack of music or wine enjoyment are interrelated and caused by a childhood trama?

It's just that even people who don't tend to flock toward a mode of entertainment (i.e: television) do still enjoy segments in moderation (i.e.: a specific show or genre..etc..), or even a seldom occurring session of the kind.

Originally posted by TheWorldWeLiveIn
get exhausted with people easily. I like my alone time. Which is why I mainly stay awake all night. ... at night is my time to think and listen to music and be alone for once.

Bingo! Now that's introverted!

edit on 4-6-2013 by schmirror because: additional comments to mention..:p

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join