It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is an actual black and white video interview with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle .The creator of Sherlock Holmes .
There's allegedly only two in exsitance . This one was made in 1927 ,three years before his death ..

I had no idea he was into spiritualism and went to mediums all the time .

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I saw link was broke, do you mean this one?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

one of my favourites... cool find

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

You may also like this then .
I'm a huge fan of the Pendergast series ,by Lincoln and Child .
Their next installment is about a real life meeting between Conan Doyle and Oscar Wilde .
It's fascinating .

~~~~~~~~~

One evening, about eighteen months ago, I was in my library, leafing idly through a series of books on nineteenth-century England. In one of them, I was astounded to learn that Oscar Wilde had dined with Arthur Conan Doyle in a London hotel in 1889. It seemed remarkable —almost too good to be true—that the flower of English decadence had supped with the author of the immortal Sherlock Holmes. I couldn’t imagine two more disparate people. And yet not long after that meeting, Wilde published The Picture of Dorian Gray. And Doyle’s nascent Holmes stories saw the detective morphing into a keener, cooler, more ineffable fellow—with a certain addiction. Could these two have possibly influenced each other’s writing?

“I immediately grabbed the phone to call Doug. He researched the fateful meeting and discovered that the answer to my question was yes. He told me that some scholars believe Wilde, a fan of Sherlock Holmes, may have made suggestions to Doyle about how to sharpen the detective's character--and Doyle for his part may have given Wilde crucial information which he used to spectacular effect in Dorian Gray.

"This was pure gold. We knew there had to be a Pendergast story in here somewhere. We began brainstorming—and an extraordinary idea for a novel came to us. We never looked back.”

On the basis of that, Linc immediately wrote the first chapter of what would prove to be our next novel. The chapter takes place in 1889. It is Linc’s reconstruction of what Wilde and Doyle talked about during that momentous London dinner. Now, we are delighted to share with you—our special newsletter subscribers—the conclusion to that chapter of WHITE FIRE. The chapter following will bring the reader to the present day—and to Pendergast’s greatest mystery yet.

…Wilde looked at Doyle with something like amusement. “Did you think that I do not recognize the face of horror when I stare into it? I was once told a story so dreadful, so distressing in its particulars and the extent of its evil, that now I truly believe nothing I hear could ever frighten me again.” “How interesting,” Doyle replied a little absently. Wilde regarded him, a small smile forming on his large, pale features. “Would you care to hear it? It is not for the faint of heart.” The way Wilde phrased this, it sounded like a challenge. “By all means.” “It was told to me during my lecture tour of America a few years back.” Wilde paused, wetting his thick, red lips with a delicate sip of wine. “Here, lean in a little closer, that’s a good fellow, and I’ll tell it you exactly as it was told to me…” Ten minutes later, a diner at the restaurant in the Langham Hotel would have been surprised to note—amid the susurrus of genteel conversation and the tinkle of cutlery—a man in the dress of a country doctor by the name of Doyle abruptly rise from his table, very pale. Knocking over his chair in his agitation, one hand to his forehead, the young man staggered from the room, nearly upsetting a waiter’s tray of delicacies. And as he vanished in the direction of the gentlemen’s toilet area, his face displayed a perfect expression of revulsion and horror.

More to come! Until next time, be well, take care, and as always thank you so much for your continued interest and support.

All best, Doug & Linc

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

The link is broken ? It was first attempt to embed .
Maybe I messed it up .
This one .It's a bit longer than yours,but same film really .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PtolemyII

I am reading "White Fire" by Preston & Child. Just started it. I have always been a big fan of their books, and especially Pendergast.

The Oscar Wilde / Arthur Conan Doyle theme is so fun!

Thanks for the video - will watch soon.

MissMissie

top topics

join