It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Dome

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Nice! Thanks for the input, can't wait for it to come in. When does the second season start? When i first heard of the show it was i think halfway through the first season and didnt want to watch it. With the dvds i'd be able to catch up and be ready for the second season.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
June 30th.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Anyone notice SK in tonights episode?

Who's the new chick? I was certain she was going to raise the cop from the dead. She may still yet, as I don't believe she's dead. I've probably watched too many Joss Whedon shows where that's the norm so I'm expecting it.

The book with the four hands and the new chick, Mom painting blood over the doorway, Jim's "hallucinations" - they certainly have strayed from the book. I know not where they are going with all of this but it's a pretty good opening to the second season.

Is the new chick the dead girl referenced by the uncle/brother and was her death why he was a drunk? Has to be a reason she's drawn in his book.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
I like this show and agree it's taken a drastic turn from the book. That's ok though. I have no answers for any of it yet, too many directions to run with now. Think you could give a hint on Stephen King? I missed him totally and completely forgot that he always makes a cameo somewhere. I'll probably watch it again just to look for him. Good start I'd say. They could probably get a couple more seasons out of it the way they're going.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

He's in the diner and gets a cuppa from Angie. Nothing special, just a neat little touch. I had to rewind it and watch again just to make sure it was him.

Sometimes I want to see a book done the way the book is. Take J Park:The Lost World. Great book that they threw in the trash and wrote a completely different story, and one that sucked also. With UTD, I like that I don't know where the hell they re going with it. I know a lot of people hate this show and are ripping it all over the place but I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure what people expected, Citizen Kane maybe?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Okay ... here's the thing. Last summer I was into this series and enjoyed it. But too much time has gone by. I find myself not interested at all. I'm content on having read the book so I know what is going on and what will (should) happen. But honestly, there is too much time between these summer seasons for me to hold interest.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's exactly where I was. Then I watched a special one hour episode that recapped the first season and showed some previews about what's to come. And basically, they pulled me back in.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I'm with you - so much so that, when I had to choose between letting the DVR record Dome and 24, or cancel a recording so I could watch something else, I chose to cancel Dome and now I won't bother with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
Hey, thanks Archer, found him and figured it was gonna be in that diner scene after everyone came back to.

Had they followed the book, they could've wrapped it up in the first season and still wouldn't have done right by it. I mean, now I'm into it and they've developed the characters enough to make you like them. I miss that Natalie is gone? Like I say, too many different ways they can go to speculate.

It's tough if you've read the book and are hoping for it to run the same. It should be read as 'Based on the novel by Stephen King.' If you're not a purist and enjoy some entertaining distraction, it's a good series if you started from the beginning. Although, I can see how people can get turned off by it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why I only read the book AFTER if I can help it.

Is the new chick the dead girl referenced by the uncle/brother and was her death why he was a drunk? Has to be a reason she's drawn in his book.

Nope, his sister was Big Jim's wife.

I'm thinking new girl is actually a plant from the Dome folks...whomever/whatever put it there. Inside observation opportunity perhaps. Obviously, Big Jim's wife knew of her before she would have been born, if human, so kind of a clue there I think.

Can't believe they killed the one gal (waitress). I thought for sure she'd be "back" somehow. So who killed her? Junior having her bracelet and blacking out seems to be a good candidate. If I recall, new girl had somewhat of a start when seeing Junior too.... Surprising that Jim didn't take the opportunity and instead saved Barbie.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Seems they are finally getting to at least some answers here.

Spoiler alert.....

Jr's mom is alive, though I'm sure most of us already guessed that. I'm thinking the brother doesn't know, or he wouldn't have crawled into a bottle. Wonder if Big Jim knows, or is the reason she faked it. Assuming the latter.

Well, first I thought the new girl was an alien or something. Definitely something (abducted maybe, so time deal there?) or she's just a skin suit being worn by whoever is behind the dome.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Does Dwight Yoakam play a good creep, or what? His best part since Billy Bob capped him with the slingblade.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah, he's definitely a creeper typecast, hehe....

I cracked up when he was singing in jail, and my stepdaughter (who is 20), said, "Wow, he has a really good singing voice..." (then I told her that he's actually a pretty well-known country artist, so I should hope so).....

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yoakam as Bruce in "Wilfred" is awesome. He's gotta be that way in real life or he's really that good an actor. Seems he's going to play a decent part in the Dome. "Lyle" the name's even creepy...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My wife read the book, and said with the hole in the locker, they are getting back to the source material. I make sure she doesn't tell me anything though. At least we found out something about Melanie (the girl who appeared), but just leaves more questions.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Can someone tell me how the town forgives Big Jim for trying to kill them? Like how is it with a snap of Julia's fingers that okay will forget about it never happened. Does that happen in the book? how is that believable??

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The book is very different than the tv series. I really liked the book, and am enjoying the series, but I try to put the book out of my mind when I'm watching it more or less considering them as two totally separate stories.

Everyone in the town is freaked, and most consider Jim a valued asset and authority figure. In a situation like that (IMO) if you really believe his intent was a careful consideration of the majority's best interest, forgiveness may be the way to go. The old lifeboat conundrum.

Given the premise of the story, it's not exactly the least believable aspect.

I'm still into it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Not everyone is A-OK with Big Jim. Many still remember it. I'm still a couple of episodes behind....

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Crikey, anybody else watch the new episode ?

I don't want to spoil anything for anybody, so only a brief general comment..... It was all over the place and now of course instead of having some answers we were bombarded with more questions.

I can't stand Big Jim, I don't even love to hate him.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I did. Wow, long time between seasons...

Thank goodness for the recap.

Yeah, this episode was all over the frickin' place. I felt like I was watching LOST again, the last season of it.

Obviously (at least to me), this whole (after the dome) thing is just taking place in their minds (Matrix style), while they are really all held in stasis, while Jr. and Red Hot were actually around.

Also obvious now, that the "resurrected" girl (at least the one walking around with Jr. and Red) is clearly not her, and is just a vessel for an alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join