It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean Dog Meat Farms - Graphic (NSFW or Kids)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wish I didn't look at that...I'm literally trembling with a severe anger.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oy that was rough to see.

But we who eat cows and sheep and loves our bacon,are not in a position to criticize.
I cannot imagine eating a dog,being a Westerner.Though i figure if a really bad SHTF scenario had to play out,we would all rather give our kids dogmeat to eat before seeing them starve.
Its the way it's done that makes me so sad-if they Have to eat dogs-there should be mandatory measures to make the poor animal's death quick and painless as possible.That should go for cow,chicken,sheep,pig,whatever.

Still,eating dogs-it seems incomprehensible to me-Farming them to eat.To me,a dog is almost human.But as some one said,in India,cows are regarded as highly as dogs here,if not more.We love our cheeseburgers,and those cows were not euthanised gently,slipping out of life in a tranquilised state while listening to beautiful music.Nor were the pigs,for our beloved bacon.

But dammit,there are more humane ways to end the lives of any animal,than what these poor dogs have to go through.The way it's done is sickening.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by PhoenixOD

My thoughts exactly. If they want to eat them that's all well and good. At the very least they should be treated humanely until they are killed,as sad as it is. Who are we to judge another culture? The OP made a valid point though that those conditions are ripe for some type of disease outbreak. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Thanks nightstalker, you're the first poster to address the root of this thread... the risk worldwide of unsanitary conditions while processing food which could lead to a pandemic... any thoughts on that in general?

Thankfully this hasn't really happened(that i'm aware of). It's bound to eventually and conditions such as this certainly don't help.If you want my honest opinion I'll just say this on the matter. IF it does occur(on a worldwide scale) I believe that the originating countries government should be held responsible.In this day and age there is NO excuse for those type of conditions when it comes to processing any food.Whether it's dog,cow,chicken,pig,etc. Think you get my point

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

The OP isn't criticizing. He's making a point. Forget that in the West dogs are kept as pets...that's not the point of this thread. It's the condition in which these dogs are left is BOUND to lead to a disease outbreak. They're being kept for human consumption.There needs to be some type of regulations/sanitation standards set by the government of SK to keep that from happening. I,for one,do not want a South Korean coming here who's just eaten dog meat that made him gravely ill with some unknown disease because their government failed to put restrictions on it.
edit on 29-5-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Why? Because you see cuddly pets who are being mistreated?

That's wrong.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well I do definitely have a problem with other people eating dogs. When was the last time you saw a cow help a blind person cross the street? When was the last time a cow was taken to a children hospital to cheer them up? Its not just a "western" thing. Dogs have been working alongside humans for tens of thousands of years, some estimates put it at 50,000. Without them its hard to imagine we would have evolved as fast as we did.

What these people are doing is barbaric.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Now I believe There is No God

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How is it any different from beef or chicken?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yes and i was'nt criticizing the OP-apologies if it came across that way,OP-i was pointing out that although horrifying,as long as any animal is slaughtered+consumed by us humans,we have the responsibility to make sure its done in a humane way at least.

Although i cannot wrap my head around regarding dogs as livestock,i accept that this practice is ordinary in South Korea.As normal as eating a steak or cheeseburger is for Americans,South Africans etc.I was criticizing the way these dogs are processed for consumption-the unnecessary and brutal cruelty.There certainly should be laws put in place that ensures ANY animal slaughtered for consumption is at least given a swift and merciful as possible death.And after seeing the sickening cruelty with which these dogs are treated,such laws are way overdue.

For me it's the cruelty-rather than fears for a pandemic.Pandemics Will come-and go.This is about unnecessary cruelty being allowed in a practice that is never going to end,no matter how we Westerners,or anyone outside South Korea, feel about it.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

That thought went through my mind too,quite frankly.But remember,that God,or whatever higher power one subscribes to,does not hold a gun to people's heads to eat dogs,and to kill them in particularly torturous ways for consumption.That's 100% people.

I imagine you mean -why does'nt He/It intervene?I don't know.

What i Do know-that would be 100% in people's hands too-the intervention.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

That's why I didn't look at it cause if I did I would be freaking out.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nuke it from orbit!

The part about boiling them really irritates me.

They could at least boil them after death.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Does this make the phrase "you are what you eat" more, or less true?

The process seems very unsanitary...And, of course there is the whole idea that humans joined-up with dogs thousands of years ago, due to a similar social structure. And a similar diet.
In this case, once a dog is picked out for supper, it needs to be dispatched as quickly as possible.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And now China has bought the largest pork producer in the USA. Smithfield Foods.

Just say no to Smithfield Pork.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Also happens in China. They often torture the animal to make it's meat "more tasty" believing the pain of the animal will release a toxin into the meat making it tender. It's a sick practice for sure.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Even if an outbreak of something occurs I doubt that would stop their appetite for dogs.They've only been doing it a few hundred years and considered a delicacybut I agree with other posters that the way the animals are killed is cruel and must be a better way.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Indians don't worship cows, they just don't eat them, neither do they eat dogs, cats, pigs, insects... chicken and fish and sometimes lambs are what mostly eaten.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This thread reeks of hypocrisy and fear mongering towards a different country and culture. As for "diseases", this video was recorded by animal activists in our own great USA and it isn't any more cleaner or better than the images that you show.

www.youtube.com...

It is really stupid to laugh and point fingers at other countries when our own is doing the same.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Lamegame because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've known for quite a while that this goes on in Korea and other asian countries, but I haven't looked at the images in some time. After doing so, all I can say is f**k Korea and Koreans. The North is a sh*thole, and the south is obviously no better. I'll never have anything to do with Korea or Koreans. Does that make me racist? I don't care. They're barbaric animals, and I intend to regard them as such. They don't deserve to be human.

and, in addition to that, f**k asian countries in general. Japan is full of perverted rape fantasizing pedophiles, China is the land of rip offs and they also torture animals. Pretty much all asian countries are disgusting.
edit on 30-5-2013 by optimuse because: addition

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by optimuse

calm down #head

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join