It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean Dog Meat Farms - Graphic (NSFW or Kids)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I stumbled on this while surfing Reddit. I have been to South Korea and it seems that this was hidden or not discussed in front of westerners. To be honest, it's no different than what we do with Chickens, Cows, Lamb, etc. It's just that dogs are part of our culture as family and friends, not as food.

Why is this posted in Diseases and Pandemics? Because the conditions are the worst for human consumption food, with no regulation or care from contamination. You can see how the Avian Flu developed in China. It's only a matter of time for the next pandemic from asia. Whether the meat is fowl, mammals or fish.

At a minimum, it is information that hopefully will make more people question the source of their food.

I warned you, if you are squeamish or sensitive to animal cruelty, I beg you not to look.

imgur.com...
edit on 28-5-2013 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi op

This has been going on for many a year
its nothing new.
Wait till you see how the populace picks them out at a market then..
has them skinned alive in front of them. Thats disturbing and there is a thread here somewhere showing it.

Cats are also put on a hook Alive, then taken off and thrown into boiling water.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
WTF!!!

other cultures have different ways of life

i think that about sums it up
edit on 28-5-2013 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. In India they worship cows and we eat them. In the US, we worship dogs and China, South Korea eat them. My point to this post is that the squalid conditions bring disease and that disease could create a pandemic.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

While I certainly do not condone eating dogs, I do understand it. I have two dogs of my own, so of course I am against it, but killing a smart pig is essentially no different.

My family raises horses, and last year in the drought, many were sold to Canada to be slaughtered and eaten. They would have ended up dying from lack of food or water anyway.

My main concern is HOW they are raised and slaughtered. If dogs (or any animal) has to be raised for food, they should have adequate space and death should be quick and as painless as possible. Being cruel only adds insult to injury, and there doesn't need to be cruelty to raise and consume food sources.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Right you are, definitely not for kids.

Rough bunch, those Koreans. I could never eat a dog.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
OMG the poor dogs being boiled alive and trying to get out of the pot!

I know other countries eat animals but there should be a more humane way to do things, I'm literally shaking while writing this.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
OMG the poor dogs being boiled alive and trying to get out of the pot!

I know other countries eat animals but there should be a more humane way to do things, I'm literally shaking while writing this.

To be honest, that single photo of that lil guy peering over the side of the boiling cauldron haunts me the worst. In a way, I regret having seen that montage of photo's. Somehow I believe that ignorance is bliss in this case. The next time I am in south korea, I will look at things a lot different.

Thank you for your post.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ive got no problems with people eating dogs but they shouldn't be made to suffer in any way.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
In the US, we worship dogs

No you don't. Dogs are kept as pets and working animals; they're not worshipped.

Do you even know what 'worshipped' means?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

There's a special place in hell for humans that will torture anything - people, dogs, pigs, cattle, spiders......

I don't have a problem with eating meat - like the above poster said - as long as they are raised and killed humanely. Killed quickly and with as less pain as possible. And, we should thank God for our food.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly. If they want to eat them that's all well and good. At the very least they should be treated humanely until they are killed,as sad as it is. Who are we to judge another culture? The OP made a valid point though that those conditions are ripe for some type of disease outbreak. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

My thoughts exactly. If they want to eat them that's all well and good. At the very least they should be treated humanely until they are killed,as sad as it is. Who are we to judge another culture? The OP made a valid point though that those conditions are ripe for some type of disease outbreak. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Thanks nightstalker, you're the first poster to address the root of this thread... the risk worldwide of unsanitary conditions while processing food which could lead to a pandemic... any thoughts on that in general?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I do not know what country you are from OP, but here in the US, Chickens, pigs, turkeys, cattle are all raised and kept in inhumane conditions. They are a product.

As far as eating dogs and or cats, why not. Some Native American tribes ate dog. When you are hungry, food is food. Guinea pig is eaten in Peru.

edited to add, one of the worst and incurable diseases started in the west, Mad cow disease. As a result of making herbivores cannibals by feeding them ground up cow. Sanitary or unsanitary conditions does not always mean food is safe, or not safe.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've never ate dog but I have eaten coyote. I suppose they taste about the same.

I see no problem with a culture eating dogs, but as others have said the dogs should not suffer. I don't think that the animals we eat here in America should be treated so bad either.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I concur with this person I am replying to.

Anyway, some people eat horse, dove, rats, camels, and even goats! Now instead of berating a culture on the source of their food, have you considered your own? Also, looks like what a typical puppy mill in the USA but at least they eat them over there. Here we just throw them on the streets only to be captured and then pile them full of chemicals to kill them and put them back into the food chain.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Do you know what hyperbole means? I see you're an Australian so let me rephrase. Do you know what ǝןoqɹǝdʎɥ means?

We may not worship dogs, but they are not considered food, and the vast majority of Americans would be horrified if they saw this.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dogs are livestock over there. It's a cultural thing. I'm just surprised they haven't standardized the dog breeding for the most muscle or something, like they do with cows in the states. And an extra treat is the furs.

Before the invention of the shrink wrapped meat at the grocery store, which most city kids in the USA have been trained to see, people saw the animals they would eat. And it was fresh, warm right after being slaughtered for food. Saves electricity to bring the animal home with you, no refrigeration required, no shrink wrap required, no foam tray required. Ecologically sensitive, and it might reduce global warming.

I favor religious hygiene ideals for food, so the boiling alive thing with cats, that's bad news. Carnivorous animals above vegetarian animals for slaughter, that's not preferred. See, that's where the mostly clean western style of choosing animals to eat comes from, religious traditions that immigrants brought in. In a land where food is abundant, one can afford to be selective.

It's interesting how S Korea kills all those dogs...then eats them. The USA kills a lot of dogs and throws them in the garbage or incinerator. That's strange just the same.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Sars-like Corona Virus

Where has this virus come from? No one knows. It may be a mutation of an existing virus. Some new infections come from viruses that have been circulating in animals or birds. These are known as zoonoses. These may sometimes cause mild infection in some species and more serious ones in others. There is no evidence at the moment that this is a zoonosis.
Source

Where does it come from? No evidence at the movement as to a link but makes you wonder, could it be from canines(canine coronavirus) or other animals that have eaten the SARS infected animals then that have been ingested by humans bringing about the mutation.
The corona virus effects canines, as other animals.

The continued ingestion of meats such as dog for example that are held in conditions where disease spreads, unvaccinated animals-"Hwangu"or wild dogs that Koreans eat, etc., are likely* to lead more zoonosis, even vaccinated or chemically treated animals from dogs that were once pets-surely they can be in the meat same supply as well- is still a hazard.

*As we may not know yet.

Would even suggest that the killing of poultry during bird flu outbreaks, some of the meat may have went to these canines. More possible mutation.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The main point of this thread can not be argued against. Unsanitary + human consumption = time bomb.

As far as cruelty... I wonder how many people have poisoned living things, killing them in the most horrific way, just because they don't like them.

Anyone here not guilty ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join