It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead, five hurt in Texas shooting spree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

It's funny how whenever there's a shooting spree in the east or west coast some assclown always comes along and says, "Heh! Try pulling something like that off in Texas where everybody haz gunz."

Well, I guess this guy did.

Just goes to show you how guns don't protect you from people with guns.

Ummmm....the gunman was shot and killed. He wasn't tickled to death or talked out of it.

The lengths people will go to bash gun ownership.

I agree with with you. On the other hand...

With all the ammo shortages, tickling him to death may have been a good option, actually.

(I know the tortuous feeling of being nearly tickled to death)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Why do you think only 2 people died, opposed to 20?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Having guns doesn't make you any safer from a crazed gunman.

Obama??

Is that you??

If guns don’t make us safer then explain why the POTUS is always surrounded by armed people.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

With all the ammo shortages, tickling him to death may have been a good option, actually.

Good point! Though I might have opted for the ‘Texas Titty Twister’ or maybe a hard ‘NOOGIE’!!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
80,000,000 law abiding, gun-owning citizens did not shoot anyone yesterday, except maybe some criminals. Such stories being way under-reported compared to stories like this, where the perp may not even have possessed the weapons legally for all currently know.

But lets go on with stretching anecdotal evidence (one news story, and an incomplete one at that) so as to use the actions of one nut or criminal to justify infringing on the rights of 80,000,000 responsible law-abiding citizens.

And let's ignore the facts about the massive decrease in gun-related crime over the last two decades, especially in those states with the most second-amendment friendly laws.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Good point! Though I might have opted for the ‘Texas Titty Twister’ or maybe a hard ‘NOOGIE’!!

I'm glad I live in Texas. Our law makers seem to be putting up a decent fight against the gun grabbers. I don't know how I'd feel about giving another person a tittie twister, LOL! But, I can give a pretty good Indian burn and I can pop a wet towel on your butt like nobody's business.
Unfortunately, I would rather get straight to the heart of the matter when protecting myself and my children. I'll let the criminal enjoy being "corn-dogged" (as my kids call it) after the bullets have been surgically removed from his head. Or we could go the tickling route... Whatever...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

yeah but the pdf starts during the assault weapons ban and pretty much shows there is less gun crime now (fatal and wounds) it is also interesting to see that the bulk of gun crime is not committed with "assault weapons"but hand guns and yet all the new anti gun laws were set up to effect mostly semi automatic rifles and the like,not to sure it if would be a definite shift to bombs over night usually id think stabbings and beatings would be on the rise first but it would probably happen eventually

usnews.nbcnews.com... new update it seems that he poped some one in north carolina before starting this little adventure

A body found in a North Carolina motel has been linked to a shooting spree across two Texas counties that ended with a woman dead, five people injured and the gunman killed in a firefight, authorities said Monday. Texas police identified the suspect as a 23-year-old North Carolina resident, but did not release his name. A spokesman for Camp Lejeune in North Carolina said a 23-year-old Marine was connected in both incidents but did not provide further details, NBC station WITN reported. The military spokesman said the discovery of a dead woman in the Sunset Inn in Jacksonville on Sunday was tied to the incident 1,500 miles away in Concho County, Texas, earlier that day. Investigators said the gunman, who was driving a pickup truck, opened fire about 4:30 a.m. local time on a vehicle in Eden, Texas, wounding an unidentified woman. The shooter then made his way to a convenience story in Brady, in McCulloch County, where he shot and injured two people as they sat in their vehicle, police said. They were treated and released. The gunman then turned around and headed back to Eden, where he fired at another vehicle at about 5:30 a.m. That victim was also treated and released.

now it would be interesting to see the role the marine played in all of this,was he the shooter? was she one of the wounded or dead or the person found in the hotel,still not a clear picture of what is going on. we dont even know what gender the marine is yet.or the motives of the shooter ie was it random shooting? did the guy just "snap" or did he know the people he was shooting at and trying to take out a list of foes or something of the like

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I think you guys in America should ban pick-up trucks, since if he didn't have a pick-up truck, none of this violence would have occurred.

Exactly. The pickup truck provided the transportation and the protection that enabled him to travel and attack.

There should be background checks on everybody trying to buy a pickup truck.

Felons, and mentally ill people, should not own pickup trucks.

Perhaps we should reserve the pickup truck for the police and military use only.

Can you imagine, someone with a pickup truck and a bunch of pressure cookers in the back, traveling down the highway causing havoc?

Can't let that happen, we need new laws.

edit on 27-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

However, the pdf still only shows up until 2011. It shows nothing over the last two years, which I think will have a probable spike for 2012. I do recall it being noted that the number of murder-suicides were on an increase for 2012. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that handguns were the most frequent weapons used. Those are the most frequently owned. Those that used assault weapons in the shootings of the last year had a purpose of using that particular type of weapon and those kind of people are really a very small segment of the population. I'd hazard that they represent perhaps < .0001% of the US population based on statistical incidences of specific psychological pathologies that would lead to such cold actions, reduced by possibility of not being motivated by the socioeconomic and political climate at this time. However, even if they took away the weapon of choice of these people, they'd still find other ways to try to do as much damage as they can to society--like bombs.

A marine was the shooter according to the link, which really is not good.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

ah so it was confrimed that the shooter was active/former military? last i had checked lejune was not talking about it so its good to get an update i had been hoping that one of the victims had been a marine not a marine doing the shooting as this will continue to demonize ex military thank you for the update

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Yeah, the article was updated since you posted the link. I find it very regrettable, too, for the same exact reason as yours. The one good thing is that it's not being festooned across news websites on today of all days. Just tiny little print on MSNBC, ABC, and Fox and not even a peep of it on CBS or CNN's home or the US section. MSNBC is the only one reporting that it was a marine as the shooter, nationally. At least it's getting downplayed in lieu of veterans' stories.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Exactly. The pickup truck provided the transportation and the protection that enabled him to travel and attack.

There should be background checks on everybody trying to buy a pickup truck.

Felons, and mentally ill people, should not own pickup trucks.

Perhaps we should reserve the pickup truck for the police and military use only.

Can you imagine, someone with a pickup truck and a bunch of pressure cookers in the back, traveling down the highway causing havoc?

Can't let that happen, we need new laws.

There are a lot of things that our government should ban. Even if we stay on the subject of guns, there are aspects yet untouched….such as:

I’m surprised Biden didn’t catch that one!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Well, if ever you are attacked by a gang of thugs who commence to stabbing you repeatedly I do hope if someone- even a policeman- comes along with a firearm to stop them that you will be sure to tell him that since you despise guns so much he should in no way, shape or form use that gun to save your life. Wouldn't want your principals to be violated or anything. My guess would be that you would forget how despicable guns are if one was being used to save your life.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Well, if ever you are attacked by a gang of thugs who commence to stabbing you repeatedly I do hope if someone- even a policeman- comes along with a firearm to stop them that you will be sure to tell him that since you despise guns so much he should in no way, shape or form use that gun to save your life. Wouldn't want your principals to be violated or anything. My guess would be that you would forget how despicable guns are if one was being used to save your life.

Our police force doesn't have guns they have tasers only!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I can understand as an American guns could become ab ugly weapon. Look how the media portrays guns used in shootings like massacres in schools. Even though these events are rare the media can make it seem every American has their finger on the trigger. My disagreement with the comment by fr33kSh0w2012 is that criminals would sill cause chaos. Like the schools in China where kids and teachers were attacked by knives. We should only use weapons in a responsible way.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Look at this article!

www.wired.co.uk...

edit on 27/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

Our Police only carry Batons and occasionally a Taser Not guns!
edit on 27/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I agree with you. A few years ago a boy beat an elderly woman to death with a hammer in a nearby community. I'm sure most people would never even think of a hammer being used as a murder weapon, but if someone has that sort of action in mind they will use whatever is available to them.

The media in other countries must do their best to portray all American gun owners as psychopaths who are just waiting for the opportunity to shoot someone. Most gun owners pray that they will never have to use them on another person. I think this sort of incorrect portrayal plays into a worldwide agenda of disarming citizens. Owning guns doesn't make people potential murderers- it is part of what keeps us a free people. If we allow ourselves to become disarmed we have no defense from criminals or tyranny.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Double

edit on 27-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012

Our police force doesn't have guns they have tasers only!

When Australian cops bring tasers to a gun fight, they lose!

Longer sentence sought over police shooting death

Police try to locate witnesses to Thomastown death

Just a few examples of criminals having guns whether outlawed or not.

It seems your criminals still have access to guns even if your police do not!
edit on 27-5-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join