It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead, five hurt in Texas shooting spree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I didn't see anything posted, so I thought I would share this news. A gunmen randomly started firing at people and then was killed in return fire. I can imagine how scary this is and confusing as well. Thankfully the attack was render short. Despite the loss of one victim and many injured.

A gunman randomly firing from his pickup truck killed one person and wounded five, including the sheriff of Concho County, Texas, on Sunday before the suspect was killed in a shootout with law enforcement, officials said. Authorities recovered an assault rifle, a handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the suspect, who was said to be 23 years old and from North Carolina. The name was withheld pending notification of relatives, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

Source

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

North Carolina? Hope hes not from my town :O

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It's currently developing as the police figure why this terrible event happened. Yahoo news was the first I saw before any other news.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's funny how whenever there's a shooting spree in the east or west coast some assclown always comes along and says, "Heh! Try pulling something like that off in Texas where everybody haz gunz."

Well, I guess this guy did.

Just goes to show you how guns don't protect you from people with guns.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
any updates on why some guy from north carolina was in texas randomly shooting people? i mean im used to the crazies just shooting up their areas where they live....why would they go on a road trip to texas to go shoot people.....kinda odd sounding so far but that tends to be how it is with fast breaking news good job op you beat most of the msn with this one

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think you guys in America should ban pick-up trucks, since if he didn't have a pick-up truck, none of this violence would have occurred.

Or you could always limit the amount of cylinders the engines in the pickup trucks are allowed to have; because less cylinders means less violence, right?
edit on 26-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A little more info here

digitaltexan.net...

At 4:38 a.m., Brady PD received a 911 call that a couple had been shot at Stripes Convenience Store on the north side of Brady. Officers responded and by the time they arrived, the couple had already driven themselves to the local ER. Both individuals were treated and released with minor injuries.

Upon subseqent investigation, it was determined that the assailant had also been involved in other shootings in Concho County.

A suspect in a vehicle matching the description of the one at the Brady shooting was later killed in Concho County following a traffice stop by DPS, game wardens and the Concho County Sheriff. The Concho County Sheriff was wounded during the stop and the suspect was killed.

edit on 5/26/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I think you guys in America should ban pick-up trucks, since if he didn't have a pick-up truck, none of this violence would have occurred.

Yep. Without that pickup truck the gun just doesn't fire bullets.

Good call, I'm amazed no one else has said it.

The pick up truck was the obvious catalyst in all of this. Ban pick up trucks.

And hey, melt them down and make more guns!! Yahoo!!

link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
It's funny how whenever there's a shooting spree in the east or west coast some assclown always comes along and says, "Heh! Try pulling something like that off in Texas where everybody haz gunz."

Well, I guess this guy did.

Just goes to show you how guns don't protect you from people with guns.

you know, you DO have a point lol

link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thanks for the link!
I owe you one!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

To be honest that's a good question. For some reason I was thinking some type of gang violence. They could travel from so far away that no one could find them around the same location of the attack. You have all kinds of gangs in the U.S competing for territory, drugs, etc. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The shooters wasn't a Texan. That should make some anti-Texas people mad.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Yep. Without that pickup truck the gun just doesn't fire bullets.

Good call, I'm amazed no one else has said it.

The pick up truck was the obvious catalyst in all of this. Ban pick up trucks.

And hey, melt them down and make more guns!! Yahoo!!

I totally agree, and fully endorse this post.

Endorsed by the DaRAGEr foundation which does not support pickup trucks.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not only was the suspect not from Texas (from North Carolina and drove to Texas), the suspect was a woman...not a GUY. I only mention this as every single post here so far seems like nobody took a few moments to actually read the article that states the suspects gender numerous times.

So, ATS, let's do the OP's a favor please an at LEAST read the source articles before assuming and posting shall we?

Deny Ignorance by following up, your posts are your own....be responsible.

edit on 26-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

ETA: As correctly pointed out to me, I misread the source article, and it was indeed a male suspect. Sorry ATS, I guess I need to deny my own ignorance here.... OOPS!

edit on 26-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added apology and corrected the original statement.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

well considering the cops shot him what do you think ended the situation harsh words? a brick to the head? naw the shot him probably 10-20 times

The gunman was killed in a shootout with a Highway Patrol trooper and game warden who arrived to assist the sheriff, the statement said.
from op link. and im willing to bet it was the game warden that poped him not the highway patrol as i have yet to meet a game warden that is a bad shot

but as you were probably referring to civilians shooting him i think tis a good thing none of them shot at him as he was mobile driving a car and firing from the cab of the truck thus shooting back at him in those situations would have most-likely endangered other civilians(hence why he was shot on the high way and not an intersection) ,also its memorial day weekend and as its illegal to possess a gun while drinking or drunk id assume a lot of texans left their guns at home for the weekend least the legally minded ones who plan on drinking

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Originally posted by Phoenix267

A gunman

I didn;t read the full article, only the little excerpt. And it clearly says gunMAN. Not gunWOMAN.

edit on 26-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

A gunman randomly firing from his pickup truck killed one person
HIS pick up not HER so it is a male speaking of reading comprehension failure and denying ignorance just saying,you problay got confused by this passage also from the op's link

The statement identified the dead victim as Alicia Torres, 41, who was shot dead in her car, the statement said.
woman wounded by a Male doing the shooting....just saying

The first incident took place about 4:30 a.m. when the suspect opened fire on vehicle near Eden, wounding a woman, who was later hospitalized in San Angelo, the statement said. The suspect wounded two more people a short time later as they sat in their vehicle outside a convenience store in Brady, and then returned to Eden, where he fired on another vehicle and wounded another person. Those three were treated and released.
by the fact that most of the victims were female(unsure as to if any of the officers were female that were wounded) seems this guy did not like women or at least not the ones he was randomly firing at out of a truck at...

www.gosanangelo.com...

SAN ANGELO, Texas — Two are dead and five others injured after an early morning shooting spree that spanned from McCulloch to Concho County and ended with state law enforcement fatally shooting the suspected gunman, a 23-year-old North Carolina man. Alicia Torres, a 41-year-old Eola woman, was fatally shot during the shooting spree. Authorities said a man randomly fired at five vehicles as he drove around Concho County in his pickup. Texas Department of Public Safety officials and Texas Parks and Wildlife agencies were investigating multiple scenes throughout the day. The first shooting was reported about 4:30 a.m. when the man opened fire on a vehicle near Eden, according to a DPS news release sent about 6:45 p.m. Sunday. A woman was shot and taken to Shannon Medical Center, where she remained hospitalized Sunday night.

edit on 26-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

A gunman randomly firing from his pickup truck killed one person
HIS pick up not HER so it is a male speaking of reading comprehension failure and denying ignorance just saying,you problay got confused by this passage also from the op's link

The statement identified the dead victim as Alicia Torres, 41, who was shot dead in her car, the statement said.
woman wounded by a Male doing the shooting....just saying

The first incident took place about 4:30 a.m. when the suspect opened fire on vehicle near Eden, wounding a woman, who was later hospitalized in San Angelo, the statement said. The suspect wounded two more people a short time later as they sat in their vehicle outside a convenience store in Brady, and then returned to Eden, where he fired on another vehicle and wounded another person. Those three were treated and released.
by the fact that most of the victims were female(unsure as to if any of the officers were female that were wounded) seems this guy did not like women or at least not the ones he was randomly firing at out of a truck at...

www.gosanangelo.com...

SAN ANGELO, Texas — Two are dead and five others injured after an early morning shooting spree that spanned from McCulloch to Concho County and ended with state law enforcement fatally shooting the suspected gunman, a 23-year-old North Carolina man. Alicia Torres, a 41-year-old Eola woman, was fatally shot during the shooting spree. Authorities said a man randomly fired at five vehicles as he drove around Concho County in his pickup. Texas Department of Public Safety officials and Texas Parks and Wildlife agencies were investigating multiple scenes throughout the day. The first shooting was reported about 4:30 a.m. when the man opened fire on a vehicle near Eden, according to a DPS news release sent about 6:45 p.m. Sunday. A woman was shot and taken to Shannon Medical Center, where she remained hospitalized Sunday night.

edit on 26-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected and apologize. Thanks for calling me on it...I will make an addendum to my original post.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Americans and their guns.

It's all fun and games when your sitting in your arm chairs at your PC's.

But your stupidity shows when you go on like a gun is a toy the government is trying to ban.

People are being murdered, families are being destroyed.

All because of your ego driven addiction to weapons that can murder and maim multiple people in seconds.

If GOD did exist I'm sure he'd be pretty dissapointed in America's way of life.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

hey no problem it was a confusingly written article i mean they say they stopped the gunman then give her name immediately after it lol easy mistake to make,sorry if i came off as a little harsh i was in the middle of eating a meal i had been putting off so i may have come off sounding a bit more angry or hostile then i intended as when i dont eat im like a 4 year old. and a star for any one (especialy on the internet) that is willing to admit a mistake.

more on topic if i had to guess i would assume he knew at least one of the female victims as i dont see the average guy just driving all that way just to randomly shoot at some one in one of the heavier armed areas of the country,i have nothing to back this up more of a hunch really but im thinking it might be the standard jaded ex or some loony that has a problem with women,what with all the female victims/injured

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join