It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its an UPSIDE DOWN WORLD NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Great post...in this case the parasites and the host are the same species, and the parasite is willing to kill the host and therefore themselves....and that is the end we face.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It certainly is - look no further then some opinions on ATS to illustrate this.

For example a young soldier - has his head chopped off, in a London street and members here - despite their disclaimers of saying ' murder is wrong ' etc.

They support the murderers by saying ' oh yes well their message is good - it sure is right'.

In the world I come from - you lose your right to have a 'message' if you have to decapitate a young soldier to make this point,

Even people have said to me on here ' what is the difference between chopping a soldiers head off on a London street and armed combat - isn't it just 2 soldiers ?' [ paraphrased]

No it is not !!!!!!!!!!!!! If I need to explain why - there is really no point, the moral compass of these people is so off, debating is pointless.

Yea an upside down world - where the victims are reviled and the brutal monsters who are murderers are admired.

Sad sad world .

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is a great thread.

Be honest, did you listen to Glen Beck this morning. You really sound like him.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I was just replying to a thread elsewhere when it hit me like a taxi.........everything is now backwards and upside down from a decade or two ago.........i must have gotten old in the meantime, because this is no longer my world...i dont recognize anything much......

Bonnie and Clyde robbed banks
Now the Banks rob the people..........

Yeah..the banks got tired of being robbed. There was an executive meeting, not too long ago, and the Chief Executive Officer said "If we can't beat them, we may as well join them." All the other banks followed suit.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

The nineties was pretty much utopia in the west. Jobs for all, everyone was doing great. Then the millenium came along and then in 2001, everything went sh*tty.

True story bro.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No. I was conditioned through my early years to believe that we were heading for a time of world peace. I never expected acts of war on our doorsteps in the 21st century.

Now it seems like there is a terrorist around every corner. I don't actually think that but just look at the contrast to 15 years ago. Seriously.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by jiggerj

No. I was conditioned through my early years to believe that we were heading for a time of world peace. I never expected acts of war on our doorsteps in the 21st century.

Now it seems like there is a terrorist around every corner. I don't actually think that but just look at the contrast to 15 years ago. Seriously.

Yeah! We were all brought up to believe that the future is flowing with milk and honey, with hover cars and robots to do all the work. However, history offers a very different view of the future.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think its time for a George Carlin moment.....but ill let you imagine yer own favourite lines...

My favorite: paraphrased

"Today, Really Leary, brother of Timothy Leary,
announced the formation of a new religion,
that believes that when you die,
your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo."

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
I agree its a totally different world out there & backwards from what i knew a decade or so ago. I cant think of any examples right now, but your right.

It's been going on for 20 years. I signed up for a credit card back in 1991. Like many other people I never saw the small print in one of the contracts for Payment Protection Insurance. Basically, any one who opted in, paid out 10% of the outstanding amount of the credit card balance as an insurance premium which would pay 10% of the balance if the customer were unable to make payments. It seemed trivial at the time - my credit card limit was £1500, and I never intended to ever go beyond this. They actually reversed the logic of this one tick box in the form, all the other 20+ were tick to confirm. Fortunately, for the first 10 years, I never had to pay anything. It was only when I went to work for one company that bait-and-switched me, that I ended up in debt. My parents helped me make payments, but they were furious when they found out that £50 month was piling up each year simply from PPI charges. The actual total PPI over a couple of years was £3000. The bank actually continued to raise my interest rate and credit card limit just to accommodate the interest payments. The accumulated compounded credit card interest over time was £9000. We got the money back, but for those years, I was spending every penny I earned on minimum payments.

Do some research into the major shareholders of any bank. You'll find all the big Wall Street names. Basically the whole banking system is a giant funnel draining all the money to New York.

Then you have British employers which were offering internships for £20,000 year - the intern would have to pay that amount of money for a six month training. But it wouldn't be their regular employees who did the training. They'd "winkle" out a bright graduate from one of the university research labs with the lure of a large salary, to do the training.

There's the push for gay marriage - which is really to make a mockery of the institute of marriage and the church.

Soldiers were actually having to pay for their own body armour as the government was too short of cash to afford to pay themselves.

Young couples won't be allowed by the banks to take out mortgages on an apartment to live in. However, if they say they want to be buy-to-let landlords, the mortgage will be approved.
edit on 28-5-2013 by stormcell because: additional details

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You cannot deny that the western world is a very different place to what it was 15 years ago.

Eta: Do you know what I sense when I walk through my local city? Uncertainty. People are afraid and it's not new , I agree. It's just that we should be evolving past this sh*t by now. We're still all living in fear and 9/11 sealed the deal.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down.
Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
― Michael Ellner

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We were all brought up to believe that the future is flowing with milk and honey, with hover cars and robots to do all the work. However, history offers a very different view of the future.

You must be close to my age. "The Future" was all the rage when I was in fourth grade.

We do have the ability to do video-phone. And cell phones do resemble the communicators from original Star Trek, at least mine does. Microwave ovens, don't weigh a ton any more.

I think a bit much of our resources are getting dumped into war waste. I was part of the military testing that brought GPS into use. There's got to be a better way than military first.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by jiggerj

We were all brought up to believe that the future is flowing with milk and honey, with hover cars and robots to do all the work. However, history offers a very different view of the future.

You must be close to my age. "The Future" was all the rage when I was in fourth grade.

We do have the ability to do video-phone. And cell phones do resemble the communicators from original Star Trek, at least mine does. Microwave ovens, don't weigh a ton any more.

I think a bit much of our resources are getting dumped into war waste. I was part of the military testing that brought GPS into use. There's got to be a better way than military first.

Firstly, I would have to say that "The Future" envisioned during your childhood will become more resembled and relevant in the next few decades (providing we don't go crazy and have another world war which would have a hell of a lot more losses everywhere than the previous world wars - and that's an understatement!).

Having said that, I do believe that you're correct. Many of the "advanced tech" that we suddenly see on the consumer market has most likely been the result of some military use or whatnot. We can always count on the military and black budget projects to develop way way more advanced tech than we currently think possible. Right now, I'm entirely sure that highly advanced tech currently exists within the military - e.g. whilst the iPhone 5 is out, the military is probably playing with what would be the equivalent of an iPhone 9 and that's putting it lightly.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Yes, I agree.

Huge military budgets provide the means for technological advancements, but at the same time, provide the perception of impunity with regards to messing with other countries, thus increasing the likelihood of devastating conflict.

If the money for R&D were split out of the military budget, and applied through Department of the Civilian Future, that would seem to be a good thing to me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sorry, couldn't bear to read the entire OP.....and those of who even care about that are just a big joke....
in case you didn't recognize, this is me affirming what you wrote.....and i find it fr(($gging unbearable, in my own personal life, to what I see Everwhere, and NOWHERE.....

Good luck, and take care.
Tetra50

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by jiggerj

You cannot deny that the western world is a very different place to what it was 15 years ago.

Eta: Do you know what I sense when I walk through my local city? Uncertainty. People are afraid and it's not new , I agree. It's just that we should be evolving past this sh*t by now. We're still all living in fear and 9/11 sealed the deal.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

Do you think 9/11 causes more fear than when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor?
How about the Great Depression when almost half the country literally had no idea where their next meal would come from?
From 1918-19, 675,000 U.S. citizens died of the Spanish Flu.

If we can survive those things, we can survive anything. It's just a matter of knowing that there will always be something to overcome.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I guess you're right. I just hate how everything always goes full circle.
Maybe we'll never learn.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Much of the last decade has seen political theater carried out in the streets,
Its done with real victims and real dead bodies.
The powers that be are obviously taking a hand in creating terror in their own people.
They do it for the ease such shocks provide to cunning changes in our basic ways of life.
Incrementally we are being herded closer and closer to a totalitarian state with the tools to maintain its psychological hold on the people indefinately.
I have been on the road mostly a day or so so forgive my not attending this thread as closely as i would have liked....
The policy of schools in where i live (im talking primary grades) are reluctant to hold children back...(used to be fail them) for another year.....
They say its damaging to them....so pass the ignorance along to compound in later years....
Into university students who cannot spell read or study properly....
University was a place of serious concentration and work when i was young, but now its all frats and panty raids interspersed with basket weaving.
It seems that nobody takes education as seriously as they once did.

Permit me some poetic licence to at least display my theory in sufficient light that all may get the gist....

Even the face of warfare has changed drastically from dirty muddy trenches where giant armies struggled head on to overwhelm each the other.... to air conditioned dudes in control rooms in Arizona raining down hellfire halfways around the globe on a few unsuspecting peasants.....
From commando warriors doing daring deads on enemy beaches...to Cyber commandoes stealing hacked data of other nations weapons most advanced systems.,breaking into enemy Cyber space and retreating with the booty.....
a lot fewer casualties that way.....

My truck... for example....
My first one i could pretty well fix with a vice grips and a screwdriver, and a few select wrenches,,,,,
If it died a few swift kicks to the tires clean and reset the points. give her a push and bingo.....
This "NEW" 99 ford dies and thats it i need a wrecker and a diagnostic machine....
Why does it seem the better they design the products the worse they actually get, the harder they are to fix, and the guarantees run out just prior to the first major breakdown?

Then theres the precious metals market...where you spend hard earned cash for pieces of paper that say you have a bunch of real precious metal stashed away somewhere in somebody elses safe....where you cant get it.
they call these Silver or gold certificates....
they are a promise to provide the goods or the equivalent i think....
But in no way doea any real metal ever change hands....
So people make and lose vast fortunes by selling and buying pieces of paper to each other ,that may or may not have any basis in reality as far as any precious metal is concerned....
My question is why call it a precious metals market?
why not a precious papers market?

edit on 31-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReAwakened

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down.
Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
― Michael Ellner

Looking for a tipping point. Wherein Chaos actually achieves a goal of (thinking itself into a new paradym). Opposites attract, and in so doing meet themselves polarized in a middle that will exonerate or exterminate each other. Scientists destroy truth by ignoring the obvious spiritual aspects to creation. Religions destroy spirituality by HIDDING THE TRUTHs and or ignorant of Gods will. Governments quell freedom, does not want to see any more growth of such. We do not live in ignorance of a Constitution set in stone (lucky for us).

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the good news in all that we see the last few years is precisely that the world's population becomes aware! There have always been conspiracy but people did not know.
Today, all these lies resurface, it hurts to see it, but if we want a better world we must be consciant of it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join