It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its an UPSIDE DOWN WORLD NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Stereolab lyrics:

Originally (institutions were) set up to serve society
Now the roles have been reversed
That want society to serve the institutions
edit on 27-5-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It used to be that we watched TV.

Now TV watches us.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Good is evil, and Evil is good - endtimes, by the bible.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It is called the collapse of civilisation, it happened like this in ancient Rome, the romans poisoned themselves using red led as a food dye and also for the plumbing, we use chemical additives and preservatives, Rome's wealth toward the end dwindled as the logistics crumbled and private individual and city states helped themselves to the tax's that were meant for Rome, We have international corporations and banks doing very much the same thing today, the cultural integrity of Rome fell apart as mass immigration into the largest city empire in the world displaced the Roman's themselves whom had fallen into imbecility through lead poisoning eventually culminating in non Roman emperors, in todays world we are being taken over by more dynamic and less poisoned immigrants whom are having larger family's and displacing the indigenous culture of the west.

The parallels go on and on but eventually a weakened and dying Rome had to beg it's city states for help that never came as a tribe from the east whom wanted everything Rome had to offer swept over it and destroyed it, sound familiar.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

When I was a kid, the gang I grew up with wasn't really a gang.
We were outside everyday playing tackle football for years.
We were 20-21 years old by the time we'd finally had enough and
that school yard began seeing less of us. And still got together a
bunch after that, for baseball on weekends. We spent very little time
in doors watching a simulated world.

Today kids never leave the house and have become apart of the simulation.
And that is very sad.

Good thread Stirling ! And you left a lot of meat on the bone per-say.
edit on 27-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
― Michael Ellner
edit on 26-5-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

W
o
w~!

that pretty much sums it up

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There is no pride or dignity any more.

I wanted to point this out in another thread about the homeless, but was afraid I'd get beat up over it.

We don't know who the homeless really are any more.

We have too many people pretending to be homeless just for the free handouts.

The "homeless" man (Jeffrey Hillman) and New York City police officer that got all of the attention for giving him a pair of boots was all a scam. The man has an apartment that he sleeps in every night and 30 pairs of shoes at home that people have given him thinking that he didn't have any. The truth was, he didn't want any of his shoes to be stolen and he actually preferred to go barefoot! The man says he actually prefers this way of life!

Pride and dignity, whether homeless, corporate greedy scum, or Nobel Peace Prize winner (do you hear me, Obama?) have been lost forever!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Great post and a real eyeopener to summarize the past decades' changes. If only there was a choice, a society besides society to go to, one with less luxury and means to impress (fancy cars/clothing/house). I could live a different life in society but then I'd have to deal with all the people who want me to play along this make believe fantasy and show some expression he or she made it and have to be viewed as succesful individuals while in reality I don't really believe their success or rather how they got it is something good.
edit on 27/5/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

yeah im with you on this, i don't want it either.
it seems kind of stupid for the short amount of time we have here.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words

That's about all I have to say!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Optimism is always on the table. One can always make that choice.
Even when ones head, has sank a foot below the surface, of quicksand.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Ever since 911, my reality was shattered. That day, I remember it clearly, everything started to go downhill.

Sorry, Wide-Eyes, you just haven't been exposed to a lot of history. The world has been in turmoil since the very first man formulated his very first thought, which was probably, "Hey, that's mine!"

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yeah... ain't it so. Let's see, I think I read that somewhere "Right will be wrong and wrong will be right". Now if I could only remember...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
2nd Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

Matthew 24
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Israel in 1948. Makes you wonder eh?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
another twist to the story
bonny and clyde were robbing banks at a time when the banks were refusing to give a person all the money they had in their own account

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Perhaps hell on earth isn't so far fetched an idea?

What is hell really, but the opposite of heaven. I cant claim that heaven was what we were living in the past, but this stuff seems to be hell right now. hell being the underside of the earth, we have opened the gates of hell, unleashing not demons but hell itself.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I was just replying to a thread elsewhere when it hit me like a taxi.........everything is now backwards and upside down from a decade or two ago.........i must have gotten old in the meantime, because this is no longer my world...i dont recognize anything much......

Bonnie and Clyde robbed banks
Now the Banks rob the people..........

It used to be sacredly important to have votes on printed papers so they could be verified by all concerned, and recounts were possible to hold. and everyone could see there could be no manipulation.
Now we record votes on electronic medium, than no one can see, and has the distinct possiblity of being manipulated....in fact even may have been more than once.

We used to design products to last a long time,
Now we build in planned obsolescence......when the guarantee runs out so does the function.

We were taught that the greatest among us were those who had done great service to mankind.
Now we are taught the greatest are the ones who do most for themselves....

Those who did their duty were not considered "heroes"
as doing ones duty was bottom line expected of you....and everyone else...

There are many more examples of this turnaround in the way things are.....i am sure you too have a few pet ones that annoy, frustrate, and sadden you...
Id like to hear them if you care to share.....
s

edit on 26-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Would have to disagree. For one thing, I'm not sure what timeframe you are looking at, but Bonnie and Clyde were active more like 70-80 years ago. And one of the reasons they were heroes is that the banks were perceived by many to be "robbing the people" at that time. In a more overt way than they do now. A closer look at history would pretty much show you that the only way the banks can ever make any real money is by "robbing the people", depending on what your standards of "robbing" are. The agrarian and populist movements of the late 1800s and early 1900s were largely formed around this idea.
Agreed about votes and product manufacturing standards.

As far as the greatest among us, this nation was certainly formed on the basis of protecting the individual from the mob, so I'd have to disagree to a certain extent. Those who protect those freedoms were considered the greatest among us along with those who have used their ability and minds to achieve success without being government connected or subsidized at any level, be it Cornelius Vanderbilt or the guy running the family bakery around the corner. Unfortunately, we now often celebrate the failed, the entitled, the dependent. And blame their problems on the people who actually work for a living and believe in self reliance and personal responsibility. Collectivism has always, until recently, been held suspect in the US. It is one of the reasons for its success in achieving freedom and prosperity for the most amount of people. The embrace of collectivism helps the banks and large corps as the foolish among us actually believe a bigger government does anything but increase the power of these behemoths.

As for the last "observation", that one is frankly just not true. Doing one's duty was certainly expected, but it was also acknowledged as a heroic act. In regards to military duty anyway, google image any celebrations/ceremonies during/after any major war. Applies in nonmilitary functions too. In fact, one just need to look at any history of humankind in the last 6000 years to see the same thing.

I think your case may have been just one of changing perspectives over time, while things have largely stayed the same.
Elections are more than likely manipulated if not controlled(more so than 2 decades ago) and products are certainly intended to be replaced within a couple years time. No money in something that has lasting power. The other observations I would have to respectfully disagree with.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think its time for a George Carlin moment.....but ill let you imagine yer own favourite lines....
I starred all the contributions to the list and i think our guest from the fourth dimension has it right on.....

heres a few more......
We used to be encouraged to keep up with the other kids......now everyone gets a pass whether they did or not....
wouldnt want low self esteem now would we?

It used to be unmentionable to have a child out of wedlock....now its a meal ticket to some and no big thing to most everyone else...

We used to asume the right to work,
Now the big thing is the right to food water and housing.......
without having to work.

Not sure if some of that is meant to be exaggerated to make a point or boy, but...

Regarding:

"Now everyone gets a pass" - where, in kindergarten? Definitely not high school, college, the workplace, the marketplace...there's still plenty of parents who know well enough to raise their children to rise above.

"having a child out of wedlock" - big deal, so its looked down upon to judge others for using their God-given freedom to procreate? Like the 1st item, this is one where those with a measurable IQ know that they and their child are better off if the child is born to a married couple, even if its at the cost of taxpayer-funded freebies.

Right to work vs. Right to food/water/housing - personally, if some want to skim off the rest of us and scrape by on the bare minimum, I. Say, more for me. And really, what percentage of people do you really think want that?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Actual production of goods and services is punished or impeded, instead of being rewarded by the fruits of the labor---while devious lies on gov't contracts, malingering, refusal to work, and a thousand other sins are rewarded by taxpayer's funds.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I knew I had slipped into bizarr-o world when Oliver North was honored at the Coke 600 race yesterday. I know I am old but fekkin' Christ, the guy was one of the movers and shakers in the Iran Contra Scandal. I guess that # is OK now because he's a "hero", got a radio talk show, wrote a book and yadda yadda yadda.

IRAN CONTRA PEOPLE!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join