It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its an UPSIDE DOWN WORLD NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was just replying to a thread elsewhere when it hit me like a taxi.........everything is now backwards and upside down from a decade or two ago.........i must have gotten old in the meantime, because this is no longer my world...i dont recognize anything much......

Bonnie and Clyde robbed banks
Now the Banks rob the people..........

It used to be sacredly important to have votes on printed papers so they could be verified by all concerned, and recounts were possible to hold. and everyone could see there could be no manipulation.
Now we record votes on electronic medium, than no one can see, and has the distinct possiblity of being manipulated....in fact even may have been more than once.

We used to design products to last a long time,
Now we build in planned obsolescence......when the guarantee runs out so does the function.

We were taught that the greatest among us were those who had done great service to mankind.
Now we are taught the greatest are the ones who do most for themselves....

Those who did their duty were not considered "heroes"
as doing ones duty was bottom line expected of you....and everyone else...

There are many more examples of this turnaround in the way things are.....i am sure you too have a few pet ones that annoy, frustrate, and sadden you...
Id like to hear them if you care to share.....
s

edit on 26-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why do banks rob people?
haha
because that is where the money is

3ta
just ask JFK, Saddam, or Gahdaffi...or Osama bin Robbed...

edit on 26-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well there are a lot more examples than that, I think it runs ridiculously deep.
edit on 26-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree its a totally different world out there & backwards from what i knew a decade or so ago. I cant think of any examples right now, but your right.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good OP...I can think of a few from a UK, Scottish perspective.. In the past the "Bad guy",robber or burglar wore the mask or balaclava.... Now its the police. Young adults went out and back for midnight, now they dont go out till 11.00...Kids were chased from homes to go out and play with their mates, Now there coerced to stay in because of the big bad world out there. The working man in the factory or mine was the blood of the country, now they are seen as the uneducated. A drug user was scorned but is now favoured in the cue for their methadone in a chemists....

Respects

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
John Lennon expressed this feeling well.

'Your outsides are in and your insides are out oh yeah' - Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey!!!

He also gave us 'Power to the people, right on'.
edit on 26/5/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

We were taught that the greatest among us were those who had done great service to mankind.

Gotta disagree with you there. Capitalism has always taught us that the least compassionate, sensitive, generous among us are the winners. The more you can stomp your competition in to the ground, bankrupt is employees and abuse power, the more successful you're gonna be.

Within Capitalism, if you want to get to the "top of the pile" you're gonna have to step on quite a few people's heads to get there. It's always been easier if you don't care about them

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ever since 911, my reality was shattered. That day, I remember it clearly, everything started to go downhill.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yeah, Bonnie and Clyde didn't rob banks in the nineties mate

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

As a young man right now, a few months ago, I was quite hopeful and optimistic. But this year, it actually seems like the world is literally coming down before my eyes. I hope that that just means I've been spending way more time on ATS than I should be...but I can't be sure anymore...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Reeelaaax Partner...*wink* huhuhuhuuu!

Capitalism will now consume it's "true believers" and when that happens, the common people will see and move on.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I was just replying to a thread elsewhere when it hit me like a taxi.........everything is now backwards and upside down from a decade or two ago.........i must have gotten old in the meantime, because this is no longer my world...i dont recognize anything much......

Bonnie and Clyde robbed banks
Now the Banks rob the people..........

It used to be sacredly important to have votes on printed papers so they could be verified by all concerned, and recounts were possible to hold. and everyone could see there could be no manipulation.
Now we record votes on electronic medium, than no one can see, and has the distinct possiblity of being manipulated....in fact even may have been more than once.

We used to design products to last a long time,
Now we build in planned obsolescence......when the guarantee runs out so does the function.

Those who did their duty were not considered "heroes"
as doing ones duty was bottom line expected of you....and everyone else...

There are many more examples of this turnaround in the way things are.....i am sure you too have a few pet ones that annoy, frustrate, and sadden you...
Id like to hear them if you care to share.....
s

Actually, Money Robs People of Their Freedom. Money Robs Our Rights of This Planet.

edit on 26-5-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Back then it was the american dream that ran the world.

It is now power, money and fear that run the world.

Everything has been turned upside down.

Personally, I don't want any part of it.

You can keep your greedy and sadistic ways.

I'll keep my inner light.

It's all you need to make it back home.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think its time for a George Carlin moment.....but ill let you imagine yer own favourite lines....
I starred all the contributions to the list and i think our guest from the fourth dimension has it right on.....

heres a few more......
We used to be encouraged to keep up with the other kids......now everyone gets a pass whether they did or not....
wouldnt want low self esteem now would we?

It used to be unmentionable to have a child out of wedlock....now its a meal ticket to some and no big thing to most everyone else...

We used to asume the right to work,
Now the big thing is the right to food water and housing.......
without having to work.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Gotta disagree with you there. Capitalism has always taught us that the least compassionate, sensitive, generous among us are the winners. The more you can stomp your competition in to the ground, bankrupt is employees and abuse power, the more successful you're gonna be.

Within Capitalism, if you want to get to the "top of the pile" you're gonna have to step on quite a few people's heads to get there. It's always been easier if you don't care about them

really the duality of the situation is not lost on the kids...it wasnt then, and they are faster even now...
The hypocritical system always praises the virtues of self sacrifice and servoce....
It merely rewards the other slant with worldly goods etc...but quietly.
You know what they say, nice guys finish last.
When i was a kid, the winner stopped to help the kid with the broken toe...and they came in last with the one helping the other....stuff like that....
nowadays its just naked greed thats preached..
and stopping to help a loser only drags you down man.......

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

These days it's taught that it's every man for himself.

Those people who show compassion for someone who they're supposed to be playing against is seen as weakness.

It's a sad world we live in. Love is the ultimate good, and yet it is seen by so many as weak.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
― Michael Ellner
edit on 26-5-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

I remember this being somebody's signature on here, but I can't remember who!

Great quote for the thread!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is how I feel about the world in general

edit on 26/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Why do banks rob people?
haha
because that is where the money is

3ta
just ask JFK, Saddam, or Gahdaffi...or Osama bin Robbed...

edit on 26-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

JFK tried to stop the federal reserve and put our currency controlled by the government
not by a handful of men running the nations money to who and where it goes
FROM AN INDEPENDENT (PRIVATE) ENTITY

Executive Order 11110
en.wikipedia.org...

Executive Order 11110 was issued by U.S. President John F. Kennedy on June 4, 1963.

edit on 26-5-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join