It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there were 2 giant UFOs over IL 01/05/2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have seen both Darryl Barker's & Discovery Channels documentaries along with additional youtube testimonies to the event.

This is one of the most solid UFO events in modern history. Witnessed by many police officers from different police departments and civilians. It can't be dismissed as from "long ago in fantasy land with no witnesses."

I thought it strange some witnesses described a cubical object while others an arrow shaped object on the same night.

Because there were similarities, I thought it may have been due to perspective or the giant craft somehow changed its shape.

Well, a new witness has come forward claiming he saw two giant UFOs that seemed to react to each other.

“12 years ago (Jan 2000) I received a call from my husband at approximately 4 am. He said he was sitting on the side of the road just South of Lebanon Illinois. He stated that he had to pull over because he had just seen something that that if he told anybody about they would not believe him. He went on to describe a flying object that appeared to be a 2 story house with many windows. In that moment he had a feeling that someone or something was looking at him. He also stated that another object has passed in the same fashion as the first but was more of a triangle shape. He has never told anyone about this except myself, his brother and sister in law. We never seen anything about it until a tv show was on the other day “UFO sighting over Illinois”. All my husband kept saying while watching this was that neither the police officers nor the civilian were wrong. He had seen them both.

You may contact him for information and details at xxx-xxx-xxxx or [email protected]
link

The witness claims he is now suffering from aplastic anemia and suspects it may be due to his UFO experience.

I think something major was going on in IL.

There was the Tinley Park UFO.

There was the O'Hare UFO.

I also clearly remember news of people claiming they saw a light landing in a field there somewhere.

It was a hotbed of UFO activity

Although it may not be related, and at the risk of seemingly going off the deep end, I would also like to bring up bigfoot reports in southern IL.

The weather has been weird lately so just maybe something may manifest in Illinois again.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
This is one of the most solid UFO events in modern history. Witnessed by many police officers from different police departments and civilians. It can't be dismissed as from "long ago in fantasy land with no witnesses."
Agreed. This is a very solid case.

I thought it strange some witnesses described a cubical object while others an arrow shaped object on the same night.
I didn't think it was strange. I thought they just saw it from different angles and actually only one guy thought it was rectangular if I recall. All the other witnesses saw a delta shape, I think.

Because there were similarities, I thought it may have been due to perspective or the giant craft somehow changed its shape.
I would not suspect changing shape, but I think you nailed it with "perspective". Viewing things at different angles can create such illusions of changing shape, which happens all the time.

Well, a new witness has come forward claiming he saw two giant UFOs that seemed to react to each other.
While I find all the original witnesses extremely credible, I can't say the same for a witness that pops up 12 years later. This doesn't mean I think they are lying but rather that even the best witnesses start to forget things or mix things up even hours and especially days or weeks after the sighting, so 12 years is ridiculous.

Still, it's one of my favorite cases.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Are there any books out there that go into detail about this particular case?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I appreciate the response.

I meant to say "arrowhead" shaped there.

It was fortunate this latest witness called his wife and described to her what he was seeing as it happened. His description of the triangular craft as spinning around also matches up with an officer's account.

There are people who are so busy they can't catch everything on the news. 12 years can go by and the couple may never have come across any report about the sighting.

Maybe, they just didn't have the time to get wind of this until the time the wife finally caught it on TV and made the connection.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Are there any books out there that go into detail about this particular case?
I don't know.
But there are youtube documentaries. Here's the one I watched:
UFO Over Southern Illinois - Part 1 of 5

I'm sure you can find the other 4 parts from that.

Here's a picture that was taken of the UFO, as seen in that documentary:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4b06c0a903a.png[/atsimg]
It didn't turn out too well but at least it's something.

The artist rendition from witness description looks better:

I meant to say "arrowhead" shaped there.
Aha! That makes more sense! Thanks for clarifying.

Like I said I'm not calling him a liar, but he's stumbling and fumbling around so much it's apparent it's a 12 year old memory and perhaps not too accurate. It also raises the question of why nobody else saw both.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

books are a last resort nowadays

I like both video documentaries very much so you just might enjoy watching them also.

start of Darryl Barker's documentary

you can watch all of it here.
edit on 24-5-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The one in Tinley Park was during an OzzFest, I believe. I should have been there.

My father and two of my closest friends were witness to black triangles on separate occasions down state, towards Lebanon IL.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I think there was a helicopter pilot who flew very close to it but won't speak about it; if I remember correctly.

Its difficult to sight these things because military personnel have stated these suddenly disappear but sometimes remain visible on both their instruments and ground control, i.e. they can go invisible at will.

I remember an account somewhere in one of the "stan" lands in south asia where a group of people took to throwing rocks up in the sky and they were bouncing back down off something that couldn't be seen. Someone may have been napping

That's a huge monkey wrench in any attempted observation of these things

Actually, I suspect the chemtrails phenomenon is connected to HAARP to boost capability of gov't to detect these invisible things.

They have discovered there's barium in the air where there are chemtrails.

Barium boosts mri, ct scans, x-ray, and radar.

So, I don't think all UFO craft are gov't black projects and that all ETs are cooperating with our gov't, if any.

I'm going to the deep end now.

The fact these things have disabled nuke installations speaks volumes to me.

Nukes are a concern to them in spite of the fact they clearly are able to evade it.

If there ever was communication between earth tptb and some ETs, I think there's an extremely strong possibility earth tptb threatened to detonate nukes to destroy earth; much like what saddam tried to accomplish by blowing up Iraqi oil wells.

Its the scorched earth policy.
edit on 24-5-2013 by reject because: additional information

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The introduction of that video by the MUFON director bothers me.

He doesn't even seem to acknowledge this possibility:

wikibin.org...

Seems like the behavior of the craft would be consistent with that. Also, we had to wait 50 years for the Roswell stuff to be declassified so he's perhaps too optimistic thinking 20 years should be long enough for classified material to be declassified. In fact one aviation industry expert (Bill Scott) stated that they may never declassify the stealth blimp as long as they think there's an advantage to keeping it classified, so there's really no guarantee we'd know about it after 50 years.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The introduction of that video by the MUFON director bothers me.

He doesn't even seem to acknowledge this possibility:

wikibin.org...

I am inclined to believe it is something like that.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

ok...I decided to bring this topic back

I can't really agree to that because why would those react to the observers if those were stealth blimps?

A couple witnesses swore those things started to approach them and even stopped to hover near them.

Why would human top secret test pilots do such a thing if it was "secret?"

Why would they be all glaringly lit up on top of pointing very bright light beams toward the ground?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

So two GIANT ufo´s and no pics, eh?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by reject

So two GIANT ufo´s and no pics, eh?
You couldn't bother to read the thread before posting that? I posted a screenshot from the documentary of the only picture, but you can find a better version if you search. There's even some analysis of the photo.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There is a polaroid.

In fairness to Nightaudit, it did strike me as odd there were no police dash cam videos or security cam videos of the objects when the itinerary was quite extensive .

Or at least none had made it to the public domain, that is.

I just hope no one was fed the line it was their patriotic duty to keep them confidential because of national security

It is basically saying, "It is your patriotic duty to lie to the U.S.A. and the world at large."

edit on 11-6-2013 by reject because: grammar

edit on 11-6-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Was probably a bunch of 'night parajumpers' from the local gaggle of air enthusiasts know to love doing this sort of thing, with super bright LED lights attached to their legs

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

did you even care to read the material and/or, at least, watch the videos?

give it a fair shake

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Despite NIDS conclusions I just can't go with it as even a remote possibility. After all it requires us to accept that a massive (at least 200m span) LTA has been developed that uses a unique propulsion system that is silent, yet able to accelerate this craft quicker than a fighter jet.

They then flew this craft at low level above residential areas and just to ensure it was seen, turned on some massive light panels and spotlights - but not just spotlights special ones where the light stopped short of hitting the ground.

Not only that but this craft has been seen in numerous countries yet not one squeak from any of the staff that would be involved in the construction and operation of such a craft, not one sighting of a take off or landing at any military base. This isn't just a stealth type black project as they were only extensions of existing technology, this is taking it to whole new level which, if it existed, would be out in the Nevada desert.

If it is military it must be assumed it is in R&D phase and ultra secret, in which case you have to assume that to be where it was it was off course and the light effects were a result of the propulsion system - and that they don't need to be on for take off and landing.

Take off and landing also has to be completed in a new way as again, to maintain the secrecy, this craft must land and be concealed pretty quick, not something you can do that well with a LTA. Pretty big secure hangar needed also - or maybe the gas is just pumped out and its crumpled up.

For me the only non ET explanation is that it was some kind of psycho analytical experiment using multiple existing technology craft for the purpose of .......

Which still doesn't explain all the other sightings of similar craft.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

also, its vertical flat surfaces indicate aerodynamics was disregarded in its construction...something else supersedes aerodynamics in their system, it seems.

on the other hand, if it was primarily designed to travel in the vacuum of outer space, its design would be logical.

the alien hypothesis is really the only thing that holds water in this particular incident

edit on 14-6-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

top topics

join