It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I really wish I could contribute something more to this unsettling story beyond the obvious sadness I feel for the families...One Thing...
** I have myself experienced something odd. In the last week I've seen people apparently loosing their balance.
These are healthy working age adults just all of a sudden stray off against a wall or another person.What creeped me was that it happened to me and shortly after I noticed others??

It was enough for me to consider the recent solar activity as a possible explanation?or worse yet I hope we are not being evicted from the planet??perhaps using disease,weather manipulation..

Sorry OP,didn't mean to take anything away from this important thread..Thanks for the post.

tom
edit on 22-5-2013 by wutz4tom because: rushed and careless

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I thank you op for shedding some light on this very important developing story. S+F are in order as this is something that I plan to follow very closely. I would like to contribute this link since there might be a connection.
Coronavirus claims another
edit on 22-5-2013 by Kaworu because: typo

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

I really wish I could contribute something more to this unsettling story beyond the obvious sadness I feel for the families...One Thing...
** I have myself experienced something odd. In the last week I've seen people apparently loosing their balance.
These are healthy working age adults just all of a sudden stray off against a wall or another person.What creeped me was that it happened to me and shortly after I noticed others??

It was enough for me to consider the recent solar activity as a possible explanation?or worse yet I hope we are not being evicted from the planet??perhaps using disease,weather manipulation..

Sorry OP,didn't mean to take anything away from this important thread..Thanks for the post.

tom

I had similar symptoms, turns out it was a magnesium deficiency, vertigo.

Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Boron, Magnesium and Zinc are cofactors and should be taken through supplements or diet if possible.

A healthy immune system will ward off viruses with the help of Vitamin C.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

Thank you, I've made note of this...I do take a multi and additional vit.c , but my diet in addition to continous sleep
deprivation may well have my system off.
edit on 22-5-2013 by wutz4tom because: typossss

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone so far! - ANY news is valuable. - Ideas/Theories etc.

Everything is speculation at this point - But the illness and the threat are very real.

If somebody can get Hugh Laurie in here, that would be great too.

- will update -

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Sad.

My heart goes out to all the people who have to see this happen to their loved ones. My sister died at 17 from a rare form of Meningitis. Alive one day, gone the next. This stuff scares me, because of its speed.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Obama: "Hey, CDC? Need your help."
CDC: "Yes Mr. President"

Bite your tongue. CDC don't play that.

Their credibility to nations for correctly identifying viral or bacteria strains is impeccable. Serious business. The last thing they would ever do there is play politics to cover for some presidential shenanigans.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Suspected new coronavirus case in France, Saudis report two more

uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Referring back to my last post about middle east exposure, this MERS is still such a puzzle

May 22, 2013 (CIDRAP News) – Saudi Arabia reported today that a foreigner died yesterday of a MERS-CoV (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus) infection, while health officials in Jordan offered new details—some of them puzzling—about a hospital cluster of cases that occurred there in April 2012.

The announcement comes a day after a press report that a World Health Organization (WHO) expert, Anthony Mounts, MD, expressed concern that guest workers in the Middle East could spread the novel virus to their home countries, particularly India and the Philippines.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Followed by this from India -

Respiratory disease & multi-organ failure cases on the rise

www.dnaindia.com...

Too new, too many unknowns and not enough effective information sharing yet. Is info simply not known or -- since this is a conspiracy site -- being withheld?

edit on 22-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Two of the seven have died. The Alabama Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control Respiratory Laboratory are analyzing lab tests from all seven patients. McIntyre says officials hope to have preliminary results on the samples back by Wednesday or Thursday morning.

www.google.com...

GENEVA — The world is unprepared for a massive virus outbreak, the deputy chief of the World Health Organization warned Tuesday, amid fears that H7N9 bird flu striking China could morph into a form that spreads easily among people.

Plenty of stuff that is out there mutating, waiting in their own time and generations to reproduce; if not today then tomorrow all without man's help, except as a carrier..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Okay, I'm officially freaked out by this.

For whatever reason, the swine flu didn't worry me at all... so I'm not sure why this one gives me the heebie jeebies ??

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Yeah me too. Even the name makes me nervous... coronavirus. Crown virus. Is it the king of virii? Impossible to beat? Probably not, but weird little coincidences like that happen in English all the time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The following 'SARS' drill took place on April 29th, 2013.

St. Luke's University Health Network runs off-site SARS drill at DeSales University

Today’s drill was the first time St. Luke’s ran a full-scale collaboration between Pennsylvania and New Jersey -- Staff from all six hospitals participated in today’s drill and evaluators came from even more hospitals, including Dr. James Pruden, an emergency medicine doctor from St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, N.J. Pruden helped in the drill as well, calling for officials to set up an updated triage system about halfway into the drill.
Source

_____

Earlier in the year, H.R.307 was introduced. - And as of 03/13/13, became 'Public Law 113-5.'

H.R.307 - Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013

Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act Reauthorization of 2013 - Title I: Strengthening National Preparedness and Response for Public Health Emergencies - (Sec. 101) Amends the Public Health Service Act (PHSA) to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to submit the National Health Security Strategy to the relevant congressional committees in 2014. Revises the Strategy's preparedness goals, in part to specify that the drills and exercises included in periodic evaluations of federal, state, local, and tribal preparedness and response capabilities also include drills and exercises to ensure medical surge capacity for events without notice.
Source
edit on 22-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr

Originally posted by wutz4tom

tom

I had similar symptoms, turns out it was a magnesium deficiency, vertigo.

Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Boron, Magnesium and Zinc are cofactors and should be taken through supplements or diet if possible.

A healthy immune system will ward off viruses with the help of Vitamin C.

Vertigo and that 'walking into the wall' off balance thing can be caused by inner ear disturbances. It's possible to have an acute case from an infection or can just be caused by allergies; it's allergy season in most of the Northern Hemisphere.

I've posted this link before but for those who missed it, it's a harrowing and fascinating read. Offered complete and free by the MD author as a public service it includes the history of the 1918-1919 Spanish flu and the inevitability of a recurrence. It's specific for H5N1 but most of the information applies to other pandemics.

birdflubook.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What I really find scary is the fact that all this crazy weather in the midwest could possibly help spread a virus via wind currents or maybe even rain. I'm not too familiar with how MERS would spread, and apparently not many other people know either. Many of the reported cases have been in different parts of the world without any apparent contact between infected patients. Time to stock the medicine cabinet up.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
..reminds me of a radio interview i heard not too long ago, the guy claimed he'd sent reams of info to CDC etc.. was asking for people not to attend that recent superbowl, claimed people would be infected and it would be widely dispersed afterwards.. (but we've been hearing variants of this story for years anyway)

..i've never believed in "coincidence"

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is happening only miles away from where I live. I did see the article about Katy on facebook, but the news here sure isn't covering this much. I actually forgot about it until I read this post.

I can tell you that our weather has certainly been strange, no one I personally know has been sick lately, but I have been dropping things lately like crazy. One second I'm holding something and the next I randomly dropped it. I have been working with my hands more than usual, but it's still odd for me to not have good reflexes.

I actually had a dream the other night about a disease that takes over the nervous system. Well I dreamt it was a neurotoxin. I know that's unrealated, but reading this triggered my memory of it.

A part of me has to wonder if this has to do with a drug the kids might have taken. Possibly synthetic weed?? It is inhaled and who knows what contaminates are in it. The kids are all about the same age, so imo, it must be related to an activity someone that age would partake in.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

S& F You got my attention I will follow this Daily. Until it has ceased or Or "God" help us the other way.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After the Swine flu, we found out from Jane Burgermeister (whistle blower) that the whole thing originated from big pharma (she stated Baxter) and was being placed in tainted vaccines... If you remember the Tamiflu/ WHO fear program, it looks like the program is problem (get a few cases going), reaction (panic that a pandemic is here), solution (take your shots and it all goes away).... followed by woops.. we are so stupid, we had contamination in the vaccine... seems to be the vector here...

Keep your immune system strong, drink your fluoridated water and everything will be ok..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
(edit: post moved to next page)
edit on 23-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join