It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy machine powered by gravity. BRAZIL

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

What makes you claim that? its the 2nd laws of thermal dymaics are what most people used to claim things like this won't work, your statement rules that out. What would stop it?

It's important to note that the weights are not attattched to the crank shaft. They hang on hinges from the top.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
What would stop it?

If there was no friction and it was started to move by hand then it would continue to move. However, as soon as you attached any load such as a generator to it it would slow down and stop. But as there is friction if started by hand it would soon slow down and stop, even with no load on it.

It's important to note that the weights are not attattched to the crank shaft. They hang on hinges from the top.

That makes no difference at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If there was no friction and it was started to move by hand then it would continue to move. However, as soon as you attached any load such as a generator to it it would slow down and stop. But as there is friction if started by hand it would soon slow down and stop, even with no load on it.

It's not a perpetual motion machine, if it was I would agree with you. This is a gravity engine, if it works, it will strangely enough rely on friction as a component to transfer energy from the earths gravity into the crank shaft. As the gavity is constant after one turn it should keep going.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is a gravity engine, if it works, it will strangely enough rely on friction as a component to transfer energy from the earths gravity into the crank shaft. As the gavity is constant after one turn it should keep going.

The sad fact about gravity is that it's symmetric in h. It takes just as much energy to lift those weights up as you get coming down. So there is no net energy output. All gravity engines are this way, and none of them work.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

first off - RAR energia actually claim this is a perpetual motion motor

second - gravity has only ever been observed to act in one direction

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

the " sine wave " you " see " in this machine is a fantasy you have imagined - which has no physical effect on the machines preformance

it is simply a gimmick - i suspect an intentional one - created by the geometry of the crank - but in reality such crank geometry is horrendously poor engineering

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

ETA..they must know this approach works, as they claim to have built and tested a smaller engine as a proof of concept device. They wouldn't then go on to build this gargantuan machine on a 'let's build it, it might work' whim.

really ?

the " design " has now undergone 3 fundamental changes - which indicate [ to me ] that

a - this is not an alledged gravity motor - just random pics of " something else "

b - the " design " is ad hoc

put the reputation of your large and successful company on the line too?

which large and sucessfull company would that be ?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that quite a few people see just how ludicrous this idea is, but in case anyone still things it might work; it cannot. The gravitational field is static, non changing and so cannot do work. It is the same as the permanent magnet motors that constantly come up. They also use a static field, magnetic in that case, and cannot do work.

It is literally more likely that someone will come up with a time machine or faster than light communication than a perpetual motion machine.

Whenever you see 'free energy', 'perpetual motion' or anything like that, please go into it knowing it's impossible.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Really, maybe it just depends how you read it.

Generating power forever, the mechanic movement continuos and perpetual is powered exclusively by gravity. RAR Energia Ltda.

If its powered by some thing it's not perpetual motion is it?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Really, maybe it just depends how you read it.

Generating power forever, the mechanic movement continuos and perpetual is powered exclusively by gravity. RAR Energia Ltda.

If its powered by something it's not perpetual motion is it?

We started the assembling in Porto Alegre, of the first power generator powered exclusively by the gravity.

So that just leaves the gravity, many have tried and failed this concept by building gravity wheels like the one shown in a diagram you posted earlier. I've not seen one with a crank system before to say it will fail. And I'm intreagued at how they are going to transfer the load back to the beginning to keep the cycle continuos.

What you mean about the sign wave, I don't understand what you are saying. I was just just making a comparison as to what the movement would look like. The movement will look like a wave, a sign wave, due to its length.
edit on 26-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

If it's being powered by gravity it's not a free energy machine, nor is it perpetual energy. Every hydro dam out there is the same thing. Also not free energy, also not perpetual motion.

-facepalm-

Gravity engine?

The energy produced will be free, as it will not be paid for, unless you count maintenance costs. And it will run on its own momentum.

It has to get energy somewhere, and if it has maintenance costs it's cheap, not free.

Perpetual energy and free energy are words created to describe something not possible. So therefore it is not possible. I don't get if it's a simple misunderstanding of English or is it just people's unwillingness to let go of childhood notions. Why must you incorrectly describe well understood concepts??

I consider wind power and solar energy free. I also consider energy produced by a crystal radio set free. Free as in we are not using up resources from the source to produce the energy. Sure parts break and need to be fixed but thats much better than spending tons of time money and energy to obtain the raw materials like coal gas and oil then turn them into energy while they are being all used up to be used no more.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Energy from a crystal radio is limited to a tiny fraction of what someone else pumped into a transmitter. It is the very definition of "inefficient". It's definitely not "free" if you consider the entire system.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I also consider energy produced by a crystal radio set free. Free as in we are not using up resources from the source to produce the energy. Sure parts break and need to be fixed but thats much better than spending tons of time money and energy to obtain the raw materials like coal gas and oil then turn them into energy while they are being all used up to be used no more.

So we can power the world with crystal radio sets now? Wow.

^^And the post above me also.
edit on 26-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I consider wind power and solar energy free. I also consider energy produced by a crystal radio set free. Free as in we are not using up resources from the source to produce the energy. Sure parts break and need to be fixed but thats much better than spending tons of time money and energy to obtain the raw materials like coal gas and oil then turn them into energy while they are being all used up to be used no more.

Well lets have a look lets use wind power the concrete used in the foundation to hold the turbine in position looks something like this.

That's not even the largest size, the energy used to produce the concrete takes a few years to pay back that doesn't take into consideration the reinforcement or bolts or transport etc.

Nothing is for free when will you people ever figure that out.

People have already addressed your false assumption re the crystal radio, the crystal set picks UP the energy that had to be produced elsewhere you have to look at the complete system as a whole not the part you want to prove is free energy.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

So we can power the world with crystal radio sets now? Wow.

We can use the e-cat to power the Orbo to power the transmitters to run the crystal radio's....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

Epic failure? How so, it's not finished being built yet!

I can see how the mechanism works by pulling the weights in close to the crank as it turns clockwise and lifts up. On the down drop the weights slide out away from the crank. Along the length of the shaft, the shape of the sign wave indicates the way the gravity energy is transferred.

Friction is this machines biggest issue due to all the moving parts, there are hundreds. If the weights work correctly and over come the friction, it will work.

Well it's like this NO MACHINE IS 100% efficient, they claim gravity powers it , can you still not understand gravity pulling something down generates a certain amount of force/energy.

Energy is lost due to FRICTION, AIR RESISTANCE, SOUND , and HEAT PRODUCED because of friction, this machine has also got to return the weights to an elevated position to gain more energy BUT it has to move those weights and the mass of the parts of the machine AGAINST the force that is supposed to power it . Also as soon as you introduce anything else to this ie use it to try and power something more losses are introduced it's BASIC PHYSICS and ENGINEERING principles here .

It's like a machine you would see in a cartoon, like a large fan on a sail boat blowing air at the sail do YOU think that would work.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think we met in wifi´s water machine thread and like you do now, I tried to explain this back then. In the meantime, I learned about hidro (www.hidroonline.com...), take a look at this it´s really clever how they overcome said barriers.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
In the meantime, I learned about hidro (www.hidroonline.com...), take a look at this it´s really clever how they overcome said barriers.

Just another "free energy" fraud by a convicted criminal....

James Kwok who in 2007 was sentenced to 14 months' periodic detention for failing to disclose his wife and son owned land leased by Envirostar Energy, where he was a director?

www.asic.gov.au...

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission permanently stopped Hidroco's prospectus on January 23.

www.merimbulanewsonline.com.au...
edit on 27-6-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I found this thread and thought I should comment to clear up something that seems to not be making any sense to all or most of you.

A gravity pump works by using the force of gravity....not magical unicorn space alien gravity, here's the logic that's missing in your logical approach.

This is an example of a gravity pump that uses water and a pretty big piston. It works by loading up the piston during offpeak electrical grid usage (2-4 AM-ish) and released when MWH prices go up.

Gravity pumps are a more practical way to store energy compared to massive battery storages which lose effienciency.

Another example of a gravity pump uses old ski-lift parts and buckets of weights, the weights are transported up a slope and released when peak MWH prices rise or demands in spot energy increase.

Why oh god why did you guys assume it used the power of greyskull, I have no clue but I sincerely hope this killed this god awful thread.

As the claim for a perpetual energy machine, it can generate perpetual revenue, that is all but judging from the size it won't store much energy.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

I think we met in wifi´s water machine thread and like you do now, I tried to explain this back then. In the meantime, I learned about hidro (www.hidroonline.com...), take a look at this it´s really clever how they overcome said barriers.

Well I had a quick look and all I can say is

Therefore central to the viability of the HidroPlus Technology is ensuring 97% of the water column height is constantly maintained for the energy conversion. To achieve this the HidroPlus Technology incorporates advanced engineering solutions ensuring only 3% of the HPPE dynamic-force is applied to each-work cycle to drive the hydrodynamic and kinematic mechanical devices and to recycle the water back to the main water tower ready for the work-cycle repetition and constant conversion of Potential Energy.

This has the same problems the mass of the water acting under gravity has to be returned and has to be pumped up against what GRAVITY!!!

This will never work can YOU not see that!!!

edit on 27-6-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join