It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed police walking the streets in England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Stay modest Cody, but I agree with Mike-for most people its easier to just look the other way. So yes, you're a good man, and you should be proud of having done a good thing.

Back on topic, I read an article in the paper about 2 years ago that the Metropolitan Police were considering ordering belt fed H&K machine guns, but i've googled and cant find it. It wouldnt surprise me though-they carry HK carbines when a decent pistol would do the same job without intimidating the public. I cant decide if they are power crazed or want to intimidate the public-either way, its not good.

PS-I know people will argue with me over the pistol v carbine statement, I have fired both and a pistol is just as accurate at close range, and if you are taking a 50 metre shot in a London street, there's a bigger problem than what gun you are using.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let's make this clear
This is nothing about religion. It's about the realisation that armed police are even tolerated, or accepted openly in my country. Unfortunately it seems they are needed,

Cody

edit on 18/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its a regular thing to see armed police on the street in Liverpool, I agree that the police should be armed in the UK if the the threat level dictates it , but you average bobby shouldn't, some of them are bad enough anyway.
Just image the power trip they would go on with guns.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Police have always had armed response. I saw cops once in the 80's loading out assault rifles from the back of a van. Looked like they were coming from an incidence. Don't remember where, I was traveling, hitch-hiking, but it wasn't London, or even a city from what I can recall.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

I'm actually starting to think that these so called protesters are just..erm in some cases
paid to cause a commotion for the guvs evil intentions.

Nail on head.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Its about time violence is out of control over there maybe your armed gangs of hoodlums killing and beating people up will stop.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
England will soon become a Muslim country. Just get used to the progression.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
An exercise in, "Look what I'm holding! You don't wanna mess with me."

Not really sending out the right message, is it?

Don't these feral kids do the same thing on the streets of their sink estates?

If the Old Bill would stop arsing around playing Southland on our streets and actually police the place properly, there'd be no need for this laughable display of overkill.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
England is starting to look like America. You have my sympathy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

No it won't, ever.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Could be worse you could in Manchester.

Really? I live in Manchester, so I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this comment. The place has its problems, but it's certainly no urban dystopia.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7

Never,
Muslims make up about 4 % of the population

Pew’s UK figure for 2010 is 2,869,000, which is equivalent to 4.6% of the population. In absolute terms, according to Pew, the UK has the third largest Muslim community in Europe, after Germany (4,119,000) and France (3,574,000).

Source

Hardly a take over is it ?

Even in Luton they only make up 15% they just make themselves heard a lot more efficiently.

But today, Luton has become synonymous with something to be far less proud of — race hate and intolerance. The town is 15 per cent Muslim — five times the national average — and is an epicentre of both radical Islam and far-Right racism.

Source

I'm not worried about a muslim take over just that we have to have armed response on our streets because kids have not been taught to respect others.

Cody

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

The difference being they wont use the guns over here - they can't.

It's strictly for show.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley

Originally posted by buster2010

The difference being they wont use the guns over here - they can't.

It's strictly for show.

are you saying that the cops wont use thier guns????

because they will and have done in the past
edit on 19-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Of course I'm not saying the British police haven't shot anyone before, but...

I can't see them letting rip with their Uzis in a school playground, can you?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

UK Armed police don’t use “Uzi’s”

Also if they had good cause to fire their weapons in a playground then they would, for example man with gun in playground brandishing it in such a way as to put the safety of others in immediate risk would be shot if the police could do so safely.

Hell a few years ago they (or possibly SRR) let of their guns on a train full of people in the middle of London.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok, they don't use Uzis, fair enough. I wouldn't know.

But the point I'm making - which I think you are aware - is that there has to be extreme provocation to justify firing at anyone.

They're not just going to go postal, despite appearances.

Whereas our American cousins are inclined to shoot first and ask questions later.

Contrast and compare police shootings in UK and US.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Armed response are highly trained individuals.
Would they shoot to kill in a playground ? If was a safe shot then yes.

It is a show of force to tell the gangs "We won't take it"

You'll notice there has been no shootings since they showed up. Unfortunately when they leave it will probably all kick off again.

Cody

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I cant blame the British police for turning into an armed force then walking the streets in England, its all thanks to the good polices of immigration my freind.

The worst kind.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is why we fight tooth and nail in the U.S. not to lose our 2nd amendment rights. All of a sudden the police in England are walking around with a little more firepower than you're used to seeing and you act surprised that you feel insignificant, with no ability to defend yourself or make a difference if things really do go to hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join