It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed police walking the streets in England

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi guys I did a search and was surprised to not find this topic already on here. If I missed it please remove mods.

I live about 20 minutes north of London by train.

Luton is the next town over, only a few minutes by car but a world away by attitude
In Luton there is a massive Islamic community that are not all as friendly as they could be, whilst it is by no means the majority as far as I am aware we have had incidents such as

This was back in 2008 and just shows the mindset of some of the Muslims in Luton not I stress not all.

A group of around 20 men in traditional Islamic dress held up banners and placards that read: "Anglian Soldiers Butchers of Basra", "Anglian Soldiers Criminals, Murderers Terrorists" and "Baby killers". As the battalion, which is nicknamed The Poachers, reached Luton Town Hall the small group shouted and yelled "Terrorists" and "Anglian Soliders Go to Hell."

But since the beginning of the year there has been 9 shootings between rival Muslim gangs.
Now I don't agree that the police should be armed in general and would fight tooth and nail to prevent England becoming a police state.

However I do see the need for it in some cases, seeing armed police on the streets of my country saddens me terribly.

As I stated I do see the need for it in this case.

Four extra armed response units are in Luton to deal with expected "further violence", police say. Bedfordshire Police said there would be an increased presence in the Marsh Farm and Lewsey Farm estates after the recent spate of shootings. There have been 16 gun-related incidents in the town this year, nine of which have been shootings.

SOURCE

I NEVER thought I would see this in my lifetime, my how has my beautiful country changed beyond recognition in recent years.

Cody

edit on 18/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hi cody

this saddens me but im not suprised.
I'm actually starting to think that these so called protesters are just..erm in some cases
paid to cause a commotion for the guvs evil intentions.

Either way this should not be happening here in my country in this day and age.
My grandad would turn in his grave if he could see what he fought for.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As you rightly point out they are armed response rather than routinely armed, and I like you am very proud to live in a country that does not routinely arm it's police. Like you I am saddened to see armed police becoming a much more regular occurrence which is a direct result of new labour's open door immigration policy and their pink and fluffy approach to crime and criminals.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Either way this should not be happening here in my country in this day and age. My grandad would turn in his grave if he could see what he fought for.

Mine too Davesmart mine too

There is a such a thing as being too tolerant

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Like you I am saddened to see armed police becoming a much more regular occurrence which is a direct result of new labour's open door immigration policy and their pink and fluffy approach to crime and criminals.
reply to post by hotel1

My wife being an immigrant from South Africa it would be hypocritical of me to comment on that, however the whole hug a hoody rubbish makes my blood boil. If you're in prison for a crime you lose your rights for that period of time in my book.

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Those protests were back in 2008, I'm not defending them,but your linking those protests to the current story about in fighting between Islamic gangs, which requires armed response. Your op seems to suggest the protesters are the reason for the armed response.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Those protests were back in 2008, I'm not defending them,but your linking those protests to the current story about in fighting between Islamic gangs, which requires armed response. Your op seems to suggest the protesters are the reason for the armed response.

I was just showing the mindset of some of the people in Luton
Not linking the stories, sorry if I gave that impression.

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Like you I am saddened to see armed police becoming a much more regular occurrence which is a direct result of new labour's open door immigration policy and their pink and fluffy approach to crime and criminals.
reply to post by hotel1

My wife being an immigrant from South Africa it would be hypocritical of me to comment on that, however the whole hug a hoody rubbish makes my blood boil. If you're in prison for a crime you lose your rights for that period of time in my book.

Cody

My wife's family also came here from South Africa so like you I am not against immigration but under the Blair/Brown shambles the borders were left open to all the worst elements of human detritus and many just disappeared of the radar.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's a culture shock 'moment' for me when I am reminded that the British Police are mostly unarmed.
It is hard for me (being a Yank) to even fathom that scenario.

Strange that a Muslim demonstration brings out the firepower. Or maybe it is not strange---I would
believe that TPTB would like nothing better than to perpetuate the cultural and religious divide
for us plain folk forever....or at least until the oil and resources run out in the ME. And this show
of force accomplishes exactly that end

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
12:22 pm, Wed 15 May 2013
Four arrested after police operation

“After a short period of surveillance we were able to identify those we believe to be involved in carrying out these [color=gold] armed robberies. In conducting a search at an address in London were able to find a firearm and I am pleased that this has now been seized and taken off the streets of London.”
– Detective Chief Inspector Harry Hennigan, Met Police's Flying Squad

www.itv.com...

This story does not say if the police were armed or not.

Knowing they were going after armed robbers I would suspect they were.
But the story linked just doesn't say.

What the heck is a "flying police squad?"

Mike Grouchy
edit on 18-5-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
It's a culture shock 'moment' for me when I am reminded that the British Police are mostly unarmed.

Strange that a Muslim demonstration brings out the firepower. Or maybe it is not strange---I would
believe that TPTB would like nothing better than to perpetuate the cultural and religious divide
for us plain folk forever....or at least until the oil and resources run out in the ME. And this show

The protests were in 2008, the op should have made that clear. The police are out involved in gang related violence, nothing to do with the protest. There is no evidence that all the shootings are Muslim gang related either.
Unfortunately the OP is making quite a few unfounded insinuations. Read the BBC link or even the Daily Mail article.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
8:37pm Wednesday 15th May 2013

There was an armed stand off at a pharmacy on Edinburgh's Royal Mile .

Officers said the man and woman causing the disturbance were believed to have a [color=gold] bladed weapon. Reports that staff had been taken hostage at the Royal Mile Pharmacy were unconfirmed.

www.thisislocallondon.co.uk...

The Scottish police do not look pleased
that they have to show up armed for the couple
who locked themselves inside with four customers.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by rival

The protests were in 2008, the op should have made that clear. The police are out involved in gang related violence, nothing to do with the protest. There is no evidence that all the shootings are Muslim gang related either.
Unfortunately the OP is making quite a few unfounded insinuations. Read the BBC link or even the Daily Mail article.

As I live here I and get the news first hand, and know the areas involved
I'm pretty sure my information is tad more accurate than your attempt to debunk it.

Trust me on this the papers won't report it as such but it is two rival Muslim gangs.

If you knew the area you understand that

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

To be fair to Cody599,

This picture of armed police patrolling a [color=gold] playground is only a couple of days old.

Apparently bad things have been happening at this playground.

Playground gun law: In a grim portrait of modern Britain, rifle-toting police mix with children on estate plagued by gang shootings

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It is a different world than it used to be. War used to be waged in fronts and not by people blended into societies. People have gotten a little crazy also, I am trying to identify the reasons but it's complex. Why name a disease when you could stop the disease from manifesting instead.

Greed and desire for power are diseases rampant in humanity. Many people see their way as the right way or only way and shove it down our throats. I suppose that is just the way it is. They call it the human race because it is so competitive.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

To be fair to Cody599,

This picture of armed police patrolling a [color=gold] playground is only a couple of days old.

Apparently bad things have been happening at this playground.

Playground gun law: In a grim portrait of modern Britain, rifle-toting police mix with children on estate plagued by gang shootings

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mike Grouchy

Thanks Mike
That is exactly what I was referring to

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I don't see any firearms in this video
of a Syrian protest 10 May 2013,
but it looks a bit out of control.

There are a few drops of blood on the sidewalk.

The comments on this youtube video
seem to continue the ruckus.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Here is a video about the Luton situation.

16 shootings,
this does not include stabbings.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It is a different world than it used to be. War used to be waged in fronts and not by people blended into societies. People have gotten a little crazy also, I am trying to identify the reasons but it's complex. Why name a disease when you could stop the disease from manifesting instead.
reply to post by rickymouse

These estates are the pits
I live on an estate that council throw the scum of society into, I am the only person in my block with a mortgage and one of the few with a job and self respect.

The trouble is every body is bored and frustrated, apart from me, I watch kids getting told to shut the 'F' up before they get a slap and my heart bleeds. There is a lack of self respect amongst the parents and the poor kids have no chance.

I was having a smoke outside last year and a kid asked me where my clothes were from, I said it's my work uniform, his reaction

You work
. My mum got nicked the other day stealing from asda

The really sad thing is he said it like it's an everyday occurrence, I asked what he wanted to be when he grew up. His answer : a labourer

Why ? Because that would be better than his dad ever did

I said why not a pilot ? He laughed, I said all you have to do is believe and study hard and you can be anything you wish.

He ran off glanced back and said

You mean that don't you mister ?

I said with all my heart.

Thanks mister

My wife knows his teacher, his grades have rocketed and I've seen him around looking happy his mum is now a proud parent, and has found a job, at asda strange enough.

There is hope. There is always hope

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This video was uploaded April 28th, 2013.

The guy says he left work and saw this.

At about timestop 2:45 talks with the police about what they are doing.

Unlike American police,
at least the police in London
don't go bat# crazy just because
someone is filming them.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join