It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose tech is better: 'Star Trek' or 'Star Wars'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Star Wars vs. Star Trek

So I happened across this article and it got me to thinking. Who would win if the Star Wars and Star Trek universes were to battle it out? The article itself does not address this it, only makes technological comparisons. While this is not an easy question, I think it’s worth exploring. First off there are several variables that need to be considered. For instance who is going to fight who? Do the ‘good’ guys from each universe battle each other while the ‘bad’ guys from each universe do the same? Or do the races from each individual universe form an alliance in an attempt to collectively defeat the opposing side?

For the sake of argument I’m going to use the scenario where each universe fights as a collective alliance. Now the following argument is based solely on my personal opinion and may not be entirely accurate. In regards to what should be considered the most superior spacecraft from each universe I’m going to go with the Death Star and the Borg Cube.

It is my opinion the Borg would ultimately win this battle. I agree with this assessment of how the battle would ensue and I offer it as evidence:

Death Star vs. Borg Cube

Now on a hand to hand scale I think the two strongest hand to hand characters each opponent brings to the table are the Jedi and the Klingons. Sadly, I do not see this ending well for the Klingons. I can’t see their bat’leths being any match against a light saber and Jedi powers.

I know I’m only scratching the surface here. There are so many other scenarios that need to be considered. Such as the small, medium and large class battleships. How would those battles pan out? These are questions we may never truly have the answers for, but I think they should be explored.

Although, ultimately I think the Star Trek universe would win simply because they have the baddest resource of all. That would be the ever omnipotent Q.

Thanks for taking part in the twisted things that sometimes escape my mind.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Jedi would destroy the Borg. Machines aren't that useful when they are in a crumpled heap on the floor from Jedi mind smash...

I should add, look how one Jedi can take out an army of droids. I see the SW campaign as guerrilla type warfare. USS Enterprise shows up, no ones home, they were tricked. A cith sneaks on board. End game...
edit on 16-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Star Wars all day long...

Come on, light sabers and the Force versus ray guns and teleporters?

One Jedi could take out an entire fleet of Enterprise.

There's no competition, but it is thought provoking.

~Namaste

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Star wars wins, not because of technology. No. star trek has them pwnd there. Newp. "The Force" you know, that super awesome magic can do anything force that the Jedi and the Sith both use?

Star trek has nothing on that, sadly.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think Technology wise.... Star Trek Era wins....

Star Wars Era is quite behind on technology, and the Force is an abnormality, uncommon and not everyone had it.

*Disclaimer* This does not mean i have a single preference between the two.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes, the Force is strong asset. However, if the opposing side has enough numbers they would be defeated. In the numbersd game they are simply outnumbered. And you can't just train anyone to become a Jedi. They are chosen based on attributes they already have.

Again, we have to remember the Q variable. The Q would simply make their entire universe dissapear.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Star Trek, being more scientific fiction oriented is limited by speculative technology grounded in known physics.

Star Wars, being a childrens fantasy story, is unfettered by any such restraints.

Physics is no match for magic.

Star Wars is fun, I however prefer Star Trek, likely for just those differences.

+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
its quite simple

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Good analogy. I never thought of it that way. I, however, do not have a favorite. I love them both.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Haha Nice. Haven't seen that in years.

________

Also supporting the idea of Star Trek is derived off of real time physics(and possibilities) and Star Wars is magic pixy dust.

The "Q" vs the "Force" if you want to talk about superpower.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I offer this to counter your argument:

In desperation Vader and the Emperor try using the force for mind control of the Borg. This works on individuals and small groups but the Borg are a collective. The fighting has gone on for hours but the Borg keep pressing on. All to soon the fight is at their doorstep. Vader and the Emperor fight like trapped rats. Vader cutting down drones like corn with his light saber and the Emperor cussing and killing Borg with his pattened lightning bolts shooting out from his fingers! It's the Emperor that falls first from sheer exhaustion. Vader keeps on fighting but soon his saber stops working on the Borg. Now armed only with fists and the force he continues on. Flinging drones through the air with the force and choking some with his hands. But even this mighty warrior falls under the waves of Borg.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The Jedi would destroy the Borg. Machines aren't that useful when they are in a crumpled heap on the floor form Jedi mind smash...

Don't be daft the Borg would simulate their asses!! aha.

Star trek all the way - I could do with one of those replicas!!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Star Trek, by far.

Star Wars has what... speeders?

Star Wars is for kids. Once you turn 10 years old or so, you realize how stupid Star Wars is and how awesome Star Trek is.Plus, well after I had reached that point, the godawful prequels were released, further cementing my viewpoint that Star Wars sucks.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Star Trek.
Whatever they come up with, Spock and Kirk will out maneuver them.

Been a fan of the original series for a long time!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Star Wars all day long...

Come on, light sabers and the Force versus ray guns and teleporters?

One Jedi could take out an entire fleet of Enterprise.

There's no competition, but it is thought provoking.

~Namaste

And Data could wipe out all of the Jedi's by himself the force would be next to useless against him.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Don't be daft the Borg would simulate their asses!! aha.

Not Species 8472

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

And Data could wipe out all of the Jedi's by himself the force would be next to useless against him.

I do not agree with that assessment. Data is a machine. Machines are very easily manipulated by the Force. He would be powerless against a Jedi. He only has strength.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

What Jedi? There's just Luke.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The Jedi would destroy the Borg. Machines aren't that useful when they are in a crumpled heap on the floor form Jedi mind smash...

A Jedi wouldn't a chance against the Borg. The Borg has a collective consciousness so it would be one mind against billions of minds. That means bye bye Jedi.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

Originally posted by buster2010

I do not agree with that assessment. Data is a machine. Machines are very easily manipulated by the Force. He would be powerless against a Jedi. He only has strength.

They can only use it on simple machines which Data isn't not to mention with his speed and strength he could easily kill the Jedi in the time it takes the Jedi to use the force.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join