It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On average, at least 1 American civilian is Tasered.. to Death!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
.. since 2001, that is, 538 documented casesmakes it more or less every week on average, someone is tasered to death. Talk about the 'shock of their life'! What a way to go, and thats way, way more civilians dying from being tasered to death with no notice, than criminals once on death row and now executed in a similar fashion, but even more humanely, in the electric chair.

At least those criminals knew they had it coming for a long time, and then some for the long bureacratic waiting period on taxpayers bill, and even a chance of pardon, and worst case scenario a lavish meal of their choice, a drink, a cigar smoke or other final wished only after which a bag put over their head for decency, and the button pushed. However you see, everyday civilians with petty brushes with so called 'law' enforcement, have no such luxury. Just one of the many ways, even criminals literally have it - life in America - easier than

Among the latest happens to be of all people a 77yo senior citizen Veteran! He's not even yet on the many online lists of tasered Americans, and far from the only veteran tasered to death.

538 Taser-Related Deaths in the United States Since 2001

The above linked list even just starting with 2009 alone, is too big to fit on an ATS post by itself.

Another recent case was a man tased with 50,000volts despite being doused in flammable liquid, police thus with all their training & discretion, nevertheless turning him into a human fireball, before his death, out with a bang.

In addition to all these deaths, on average at least one per week, theres also many, many being tasered and left with lifelong paralysis, and/or other agonies:

Diabetic shock or coma? Police will taser you repeatedly! (Yeah, let's pretend Police aren't *already* trained to deal with diabetics) In this case, it appears the policeman may have tased despite identify the unarmed teen was experiencing that medical condition of a diabetic shock. Triggerhappy aroused much?

And this young student didnt make it, for he was tasered to death:
www.youtube.com...
WARNING: disturbing video

Notice police have at least nationwide, made it a most sinister game of tasering them into a whole body convulsion, where muscles continually contract involuntary. At this moment in many of these cases, the officer repeatedly yell in obvious pretense and exaggeration to "put your hands in the air" and/or like in this case "stop resisting". They have been trained to know exactly this, as do many of us who has ever been shocked while plugging a cord or screwing a lightbulb in. It's practically as if they are getting off on the helpless victim unable to follow their commands at this point (if even still alive) and yet all they seem concerned with is their pleasure in their pants, and or another "resisting arrest" charge against a civilian who in some cases was just experiencing a medical emergency as hypoglycemia, diabetic coma or shock, panic attacks, or who knows what. In most of these cases, EMS do not even arrive until much, much later, as if it has been orchestrated to occur so.

edit on Wed May 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed video

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by below
538 Taser-Related Deaths in the United States Since 2001
The above linked list even just starting with 2009 alone, is too big to fit on an ATS post by itself.

Looking through that list,

2009 = 59.
2010 = 64.
2011 = 42.
2012 = 19.
2013 = 3. (at this rate, maybe 12 for the year with a bit of extrapolation)

What I'm seeing is that maybe in the last few years they're getting things under control.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by below

Ya, so much for the less than lethal theory in using tasers. Anyone with a heart problem like atrial fibrilation, should want to avoid being tased. Good thread...S&F for you .

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The thing that makes tasers good also makes them bad; they're considered non-lethal so the police don't think twice about using them...even when the threat isn't exactly a threat. Like an angry old man with a heart problem.
edit on 5/15/2013 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by below

Um kay, I reckon this is another one of those "police are bad" threads.

At least those criminals knew they had it coming for a long time, and then some for the long bureacratic waiting period on taxpayers bill, and even a chance of pardon, and worst case scenario a lavish meal of their choice, a drink, a cigar smoke or other final wished only after which a bag put over their head for decency, and the button pushed. However you see, everyday civilians with petty brushes with so called 'law' enforcement, have no such luxury.

Horse crap! I'm an "everyday civilian" and I've known for over 50 yrs. that if one refuses to obey an Officer of the Law, that one might suffer severe consequences. I'd much rather be tased than to have the crap beaten out of me, and both of those are better than being shot.

Quite honestly, I'd be much more concerned about one's eating habits:

Across North America, close to 4000 perfectly healthy people annually die from choking on food. In fact, food-choking kills more people than firearms or airplane accidents.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by below

It seems, from your OP, that you are more concerned that Tasers are used improperly than with the fact that Tazers are used at all. If that's the case, I agree with you. There's a DoJ study out which found the following:

•“All evidence suggests that the use of CEDs carries with it a risk as low as or lower than most alternatives”
•“There is currently no medical evidence that CEDs pose a significant risk for induced cardiac dysrhythmia in humans when deployed reasonably.”
•“The risks of cardiac arrhythmias or death remain low and make CEDs more favorable than other weapons.”
•“The literature suggests a substantial safety margin with respect to the use of CEDs when they are used according to manufacturer’s instructions.”
•“90% less suspect Injuries"
•“CED use is associated with a significantly lower risk of injury than physical force, so it should be considered as an alternative in situations that would otherwise result in the application of physical force.”
You can find the study here:
www.nij.gov...

Despite the dramatic headline, it seems as if the solution is proper training and use which will continue the downward trend of fatalities, as noted by another poster.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
What I'm seeing is that maybe in the last few years they're getting things under control.

Or they are getting better at covering it up.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Or they are getting better at covering it up.

Just quick curiosity. Do you believe that? Are you going for humor? Or, are you interjecting that mysterious note of a national conspiracy which ATSers live for?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone is on here supporting tasers. People have died, non criminals, and they deliberately target disbaled, veterans, deliberately. That is because they are occultists, ritual murderers, what we call satanists, followers and doers of evil! And Nazi's!

I don't support these things being used against any civilians. They should not be used at all. And I'm sick and tired of having illegal misuse of power fasicst things shoved upon me because a majority citizen are insane in the membrane and allow fascism.

I believe they use tasers to attempt to rid the world of anyone with a prexisting condition or disability, and add some veterans in to boot.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join