It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality shows are taking over TV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Coming this fall:

'Lost,Unwed Teenage Mother Ice Road Truckers"
edit on 16-5-2013 by Beartracker16 because: Cleaned up post

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dont watch them ,simply.

Reality TV has been going for quite a while in the UK. It doesnt get better it gets only alot worse.

Its also alot cheaper for them than actually having to think up ideas that are original and engaging.

Reality TV is usually edited, but not scripted. Although they also do more scripted reality TV.

There is a spectrum..
edit on 16-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

With enough footage, editing, and producer prompts, you can pretty much "script" even an unscripted reality show.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

No conspiracy, at least not one beyond corporate greed. Reality TV is cheap to make. Also you need to understand TV and radio stations are not in the business of programming good entertainment, they are in the business of selling advertising space.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have to say I don't watch them at all except for one, and that is America's Got Talent. I mostly tuned into it because I'm a long-time Stern fan but the talent just beats the living crap out of the UK version, a million times over. Last nights season premier was brilliant.

1:20 in, this girl is ten years old, imagine the voice on her in another 10 years.

And this guy was just different class. Amazing.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I was really thinking Marty was going to be one of the train wrecks, but nope...

Personally, I think ALL of these audition shows need a "train wreck special", a 2hr block of nothing but the train wrecks...all the crazies...that'd be epic.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I was really thinking Marty was going to be one of the train wrecks, but nope...

Personally, I think ALL of these audition shows need a "train wreck special", a 2hr block of nothing but the train wrecks...all the crazies...that'd be epic.

It's like witnessing a train wreck about to happen, anticipating the crash and suddenly it comes to a halt. I sort of missed the crazies, they've definitely gone down in numbers, but the real talent is as good a reason for watching to be fair.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah, but there are some shows, like American Idol, where I ONLY watch the audition weeks, and ONLY to see the train wrecks. I have no interest in seeing a good singer, but love watching someone who thinks they are the next big thing get ripped by Simon or Britney. And while I love all of SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance), the train wrecks are immensely entertaining...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
2013 AGT has been pretty poor, compared to last years. It's now it the second week of the semi's and a lot more cash has obviously been poured into the visual acts, in order to make them even a little entertaining on the small screen. But alas the one stand out for me is as usual just one girl with a voice. The honour goes to Anna Christine this year.

This is one of my favourite songs and she did it no harm.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't know which is the worst ... The Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers & Tiaras, or Jersey Shore. Dance Moms (shallow ignorant self absorbed people) should be on that list too. I can't decide which is the worst. Probably Honey Boo Boo. I saw a clip where she sneezed ... I almost puked.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't know which is the worst ... The Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers & Tiaras, or Jersey Shore. Dance Moms (shallow ignorant self absorbed people) should be on that list too. I can't decide which is the worst. Probably Honey Boo Boo. I saw a clip where she sneezed ... I almost puked.

I haven't even watched the Kardashians, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms or Jersey Shore, but I can confirm they are all a waste of life.

Honey Boo Boo, I actually enjoy, it is clearly scripted to hell and a little uncomfortable when they clearly mock these uneducated people, but it's not as heavy going as most of these shows.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree that shows like Jersey Shore are stupid, they are taken from MTV's Real World, which was cool but is totally played out.

However, since we know that the devil took over television (illuminati) there is no longer any creativity in television. There is no longer any freedom of expression in society, no longer any fun. It is all hate now.

So reality television is the only chance to learn about what is happening in the world, because the news surely won't report it. And yes it sucks that 99% of all reality shows are completely staged.

Even commercials in this day completely show the change in society, the change from love to hate. Most commercials 20 years ago are almost super bowl compatible today. The excitement has been lost. Society no longer wants to come together as one and impress each other with freedom.

A total change from 1950 when you had one general personality, if you notice everybody in the media had the same way of speaking. Then 4 decades of beautiful freedom of expression, a way of love, uniting people. Everybody had suddenly woken and it didn't matter your age, you put your dancing shows on and had a good time. Then after the UFOs possibly leaving us with all this technology, I realize that we may have been better off when they were here visiting us because they created a wonder that changed the world, but now that the magic of belief is gone the general public is reflecting upon itself with as much dull apathy as they possibly can.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Ozzy taught me that -domestic- reality TV will destroy neural pathways. You can't watch the price of darkness complain to Sharon about the little pocket dogs pooing on the couch again without paying a price.

However, reality TV where the contestants DO something... like Shark Tank, Wipeout, or the Sharpshooter competition, those all work for me and I would defend their legitimacy in entertainment. Hollywood loves them because there are no stars to pay, and no star egos to manage. It's pretty much free talent, and you can hurt them with ruthless stunts if you want to. Winning

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My kids like the "Man against Nature" reality shows. They know that the situations are staged to some extent, and are always trying to spot the power lines, etc.

Alaska's Last Frontier is popular with them, mainly because one of the women is pregnant (my daughters want to see if the baby will be cute) and because there is hunting ( The boys want to watch hunting in the off season, but the sports networks only show them for 6 weeks in the fall).

Other than that, the TV is only on about 1 1/2 hrs a day total at my house. I say "the" because we only possess one, and keep it where the whole family can know what someone is watching. Like I say, not a lot to see there.

IF all of us are sitting in front of the "blue lamp of hell," one of the older kids will suggest we play risk or monopoly while the littles play hi-ho cherrio.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamantiks

Lol that is a great point that I didn't think of. Originally I was gullible and I believed all reality shows, then I found out the obvious ones were staged, then I found out all of them are to some extent which is a bummer. We have a show called Top Shot, it is like my favorite show and very competitive. The new season of Survivor just was on. I was enjoying it until the young lady started ranting about men being idiots and tricking them, I guess it may be reality..

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I love reality shows - Walking Dead is my favorite...

Never going anywhere near Atlanta, that is crazy, messed up situation

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Same. Especially the house wives (or w/e it's called) show. I watch it and all i can think is "these women are total b**** and whiny". It makes me hate wealthy women but i know there are good wealthy people out there and poor people also have whinny and b**** people. These women sue for ridiculous reasons for millions and they get into a fight every 5 seconds.

The show is giving good rich people a bad rep. in my mind.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

No doubt. Who would have thought the Governor of Georgia would go so nuts?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

Well, funny (haha..) you bring this up today, because.. *drum roll*

(Stunning Lookin' Scots Star) Emeli Sandé has called for a reality music show for 'Song Writing'.

Yeah, so no more karaoke BS. With a bit of luck. Ok I too suspect it would be the same old corrupt voting process.. But still, a song writer has got be more entertaining than a karaoke performance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join