It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your computer reads your mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Hmm..thanks for taking the time to explain further..and lovely, I'm on an iPad. I'm such a nerd bird I have covered the lil camera on the front.

My phone was given to me, and it runs yahoo. And this iPad was a bday gift one year. I do enjoy it but hate it as well since it doesn't offer flash.

Thanks again

-nat

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't fret about the Flash incompatibility. It plagues most tablet devices now, even Android. Flash is going by the wayside, it isn't going to be the backbone of as many webpages as HTML5 is gaining popularity. It can be a bummer but I think there are some work arounds as well.

As for covering the camera, as silly as it may be.. It is merited IMO. It wouldn't bother me to have it uncovered if I was just using it regularly, but what freaks me out is when you set it down somewhere with the camera exposed. If it has battery life, the camera is accessible remotely. You better believe that if Apple can do it there is someone far more nefarious out there working on (or already has) found a method to exploit remote viewing through these devices.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I mean at first I thought maybe i had inadvertently hit it or something, but as time goes on and it happens more frequently, I have to wonder if my computer can actually read my mind?

Has anyone else experienced this?

I got my first 386 back when 2 MB Ram was considered big, and 14 Kilohertz speed was about as good as it gets, and the hard drive was a whopping 34 Meg. I wasn't connected to any internet, didn't have a sound card even.

Since it was very primitive by today's standards, it didn't even have a means of automatically keeping date or time while shut down. So as the last line of the autoexec.bat I added a batch file that used a simple input prompt to set the date and then the time then put up a menu from which I could start my DOSShell program, Word Processor, Basic Editor, or Windows 3.1.

So as I was learning DOS and Basic, my familiar spirit, of whom I had previously been largely unaware of, was intrigued by this computer too, and got into it, to mess around in like a playground.

Needless to say, unexpected results occurred when I ran DOS batch files and Basic programs that I was writing.
By unexpected, I mean, after the unusual result, and after looking over the program to find an error to debug, finding nothing that needed fixing, running the program again without changes, and getting a different result. The anomaly not reproduce-able.

She had a lot of fun when I was writing a Basic program for doing the I Ching.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I find this thread very fascinating, (and a little spooky) Star and Flag for you sir. I cannot recall too much of what the OP has experienced, but i do remember several times when nothing is near my mouse or touch pad and the screen will just randomly scroll like i touched something. Very weird glitch, only happens every once in a while. And these are times when i'm absolutely CERTAIN i haven't touched it.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, I had my android turn on, run the browser, run a search and then goto a site that detailed matters I was speaking to my friends about without me touching it. I guessed that, as it was in my shirt pocket, that it had somehow turned on and then, with fabric movement on the touchscreen, been touched in the right way to end up on a random site, that I'd never been to before, that happened to relate to an obscure, esoteric topic I was speaking about at that moment.

Even if the random touches were the cause, the improbable results are kinda staggering.

It does have a voice recognition function for messaging... is this simply a voice activated search function I don't know about? I'd guess that's the answer though I've had so many weird things happen that I sort of took in in stride... which is, in itself, weird.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
SO WHAT IF YOU JUST RIGHT NOW START LOVING EACH OTHER

CAN WE CHANGE THE WORLD IN 24 HOURS

If everybody who just WANTS this way of life WHERE WE ARE ALL EQUAL all work 2 hours a day stop killing and hurting each other email everyone in your life with this message, translate it if you can and get the message to as many people as possible, it purely needs 5 in 100 of people to want this and the rest will understand
no more war no more poison in our air food or water, no more paper money, no more bills just our labour nothing else. we all stop doing things to others that we don't want done to ourselves everybody is pardoned

whoever is reading this and thinks that this is a better way of life i promise you right now if we all just send this one message round the world in any format and language you want then do it right now just change just start LOVING

If anyone who reads this stops worrying what others are doing and just concentrates on there own life from this point on the elite families and governments who give us our paper money and rules in exchange for our labour and our seemingly willing slavery, just because someone else had an idea involving you and them being able to control you this can stop right now the moment you read this and decide thats what you want it can be yours.

All through history civilisations and worlds have all changed when its at its very worst the world peace that everyone says they want well im offering you that right now if you honestly want world peace then you are the only one who can make that happen all you have to do is go tell someone else all we have to do is work together

JUST LOVE, EVERYONE RIGHT NOW.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's been a while since I've logged in, but felt I need to tell this story. I may create a thread about this in the future if I can't get some kind of explanation for this here.

A few months back, I was sitting at my desk at work, and a lady I work with handed me a news clipping she had printed from HER computer. I bring my dog into work, and she's an animal lover, so anything in the news about dogs, I hear about. Anyway, the story was about a guy getting run over by his own car, because he got out to open his driveway gate and his dog jumped in ... whatever.

So, I take this news clipping over to my shipping desk in another section of the building. Someone else walked by, saw the article and started reading it. We talked about it for a minute, and he walked away. I NEVER GOOGLED THIS OR ANYTHING!

The next day, I'm cleaning out my personal email junk folder (I'm only logged into hotmail when I'm using it). I never open email in my junk folder, but one caught my eye...

It was from "FedEx" and said something like I have a package waiting for me to pick up. I knew it was BS, but it had like a huge amount of script or code-like text below it.

I scrolled down just out of curiosity and WHAT DO I SEE????

Buried in the script/code/text was "Man killed by car after dog jumps in, hits gas".

There's absolutely NO WAY that could be in there without one of two things happening, and both involve my smart phone mic listening to me.

Either it recognized the keystrokes the lady I work with used from her computer (about 10 ft away) to search for that story before she printed it. Or, it was straight up listening to the conversation I had with the other person I work with later, after he read the printed-out story on my other desk.

I'm starting to really dislike the future.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

Just finished a 21 day meditation process for this. Consciously working towards the ultimate goal of saving the planet. If I am any example however we are doomed because even in my life I see the Golden Future descending from world view.

You can trust that many individuals are working diligently towards a future of promise, it is a challenge to say the least. We work in realms that most would never tread. pray in silence and intent (not words) for those light workers who have accomplished so much and yet have far to go in a short time.

Namaste.

PS remember that for each individual who attains to enlightenment the entire planet and all life from rocks to the brightest suns also elevate. So the best thing you can do is to work on that inner light, that space of pure awareness within.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

Please read my post above this one, it really does apply to your situation. If everything a conscious person of awareness experiences points in the direction of the ultimate freedom, then these are direct arrows imho.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There are a few CT spins on this for me such as micro chips in vaccines or other implantable methods which are not made public but are in full working order for not only this anomaly but others in the future. Or the ability to connect brain wave patterns through things like heavy metals from the skies or GMOs, fluoridation, or other contaminants.

If there is any truth to these psudo-sciences, then anything could be used to transmit from radio towers, radios/stereos, T.V. cellphones, musiac in grocery stores and elevators.

People could be controlled in these beginning stages with simple tasks like what they chose to eat, what products they decide to purchase, who to vote for, when to go to bed early or stay up late to mane just a few possibilities.
edit on 17-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Boderm

I will tell you something in confidence here, a few years ago after some really tough times on the family front, I went to see a psychiatrist. After opening my heart and mind, telling her everything, she insisted that I reported to her that I was 'hearing voices'!!!

Now as a CTer, I know that I would NEVER say anything to that affect. Well I went back to her office several times and each time I went she or her assistant would start out by asking me if I was still hearing voices!!!!

I finally quit going but sheeze!

True story.
edit on 17-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Common people think in common words, the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog - patterns of speech are predictable - shine me a chapstick and make me a lemonade in the morning, sweetheart.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GetReadyToTheDoomsday

What does that mean? It is funny you mention the simplicity of language, often and I mean often I know what will be said or read before I see, hear or read it. Funny, life can seem so scripted at times eh?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Your computer is not reading your mind.

There are a few things that could be happening.

1. You have some malware/virus on your computer that will issue random mouse click events. I really don't think this is what is happening based on your description.

2. You are on a laptop and are accidentally activating the touchpad while typing.

3. You are hovering the mouse cursor over the link, going to type something in the search box (assuming your homepage is a search engine like most peoples) and when you hit enter it selects the link the mouse is hovering over instead of activating the "go" button for the search. This is what I more likely think is going on.

Most people by habit will move the mouse to what they are reading in anticipation of a click. I do it all the time and always have windows open accidentally. The other thing is that sometimes software or the mouse driver just messes up and loses it's focus on any text box you are typing in and goes back to the mouse focus.

Try this, hover your mouse over a link...any link, and hit enter...the link will open.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by antar
I got my first 386 back when 2 MB Ram was considered big, and 14 Kilohertz speed was about as good as it gets, and the hard drive was a whopping 34 Meg. I wasn't connected to any internet, didn't have a sound card even.

I'm sorry man, but; the 80386 NEVER ran that slow. In fact everything from the 8080 on ran at 1Mhz+. By the time the 80386 was released in the mid to late 80's the speeds were well over 10 Mhz. Also, your hard drive was perhaps more like 40MB, but, I guess that's okay.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, I'm not reading the whole thread to find out.

Adsense. Its a Google thing, exists on everyone's machine. We can't escape it; it is all pervasive.

It keeps track of everything we search for, the kinds of commercial sites we visit, and, when we encounter a Google search bar, Google advertising, nearly any thing else Google, it is used to provide relevant content to your machine, typically in the form of advertising.

I use AdSense on my web properties to enhance the content. It is possible to have it sense the content of a page as well, providing the user with additional site content that may be of interest to the user, and if all goes will a click through that gets me a couple o'bucks.

ATS uses AdSense; if nay have noticed, if you go to an online store that uses adsense and look at an item there; when you get to ATS there will likely be ads for similar items.

So...all this apparent "magic"; just your computer doing what it was programmed to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have a paranormal detector on my computer that seems to react to my thoughts a lot when I use it.

Not quite the same thing, but still in the same kind of subject. I know that when I would have spirit contact over the computer with someone back when I was doing spiritual type chats, it would also freeze the computer sometimes, so it does happen in lots of weird ways when working with computers.

Anything is possible, especially if you are "aware" on some levels that a lot of people are not.

But just to be safe, do a virus scan and check for malware,addware, like people have suggested.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I am thinking that some of us are senders while others are receivers. This could be the beginning of a new technology for consumers. I know that the bots can track your preferences but this is something much different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join