It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that think gay marriage is wrong...Moving video

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by just1question

So you're saying that girls were utterly disgusting to you before you /chose/ to find them attractive then? Did you like boys before hand? Or did you simply decide to act on an attraction that was already there by doing what most children that age do (teasing, poking them, etc.) when you liked someone?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I like this post much better, Charles. This is the Charles that I am more familiar with, and the one that I like (even though we tend to disagree).

I know I don't have to tell you that in every "movement" or group of people, there will always be those who just aren't likeable. It's that way with the population in general. I dread making the civil rights comparison, but I'm going to. During the civil rights protests of the 1960's there were some people who were a little too angry, a little too much "in your face" -- a little too ... militant. But that didn't mean that the whole movement was wrong. It was a worthwhile movement, and it needed to happen.

I think the gay rights movement is similar. We need to get this out in the open. We need to think about it - to discuss it. We need to be in a place where those who aren't victimizing anyone can be treated as equals in our society. That doesn't mean we have to change our personal views - but we need to get to a place where our personal views stay personal. The laws shouldn't reflect our personal views. The laws need to be fair and equal. And yes, you will come across some in the gay rights movement who may be a little too militant. But as you said, one shouldn't confuse the individuals with the movement. And movements aren't evil - especially when they involve legal equality for tax-paying, law abiding, productive citizens.

P.S. I hope your daughter is doing well.

edit on 17-5-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I've posted cranky

:-)

not usually my bestest posts -

it happens

you're a real gent Charles

edit on 5/17/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join