It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering all the theories regarding 2012 why is it that nothing happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because they were all wrong.

It really is that simple, a whole bunch of people got way over excited about a acient myth and blew everying out of proportion mixed in some paranoida and a whole sack of ignorance and came up with all these “thories” aobut how we were all going to die.

Thankfully theyw were all wrong and nothing happened.

Beat me to it.

Yeah, wrong...plain and simple.

Unless..(duh, duh, daaaaa) they were wrong about the date (mummy!)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by fadedface

I think plenty happened...there were earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes; and brutal murders.

I'm just saying.

I will give you that, but I think that he meant anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because they were all wrong.

It really is that simple, a whole bunch of people got way over excited about a acient myth and blew everying out of proportion mixed in some paranoida and a whole sack of ignorance and came up with all these “thories” aobut how we were all going to die.

Thankfully theyw were all wrong and nothing happened.

Nearly every single new age text and even conspiracy theories I've read made some remark even if it was in passing about 2012. It turns out it was all some big con surely this will be damaging for the whole new age community?

No, they will just come up with a new date a bunch more willing sheep will buy there books.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A funny thought I had about the "why didnt 2012 happen"...in terms of old hyped up prophecies. ..was that the year of interest IS 2012...but our calendar is wrong...net result is you get all the kooks crying wolf early(by at least a year) to better identify the new agers and predictionalists...

Besides the reasonable possibility that the 2012 predictions were bunk from the beginning

Maybe last year WAS 2011.....makes my head spin just a lil

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I enjoyed the hype.

I am not much for holidays, but 12212012 had me feeling giddy like a kid.

reality really is such a let-down. there totally should be magic. I call a do-over.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
@ OP, i know exactly what you mean (about the storm in a teacup that was 2012)

the first clue should have been how the system jumped all over it, movies like 2012 etc

the meme of 2012 was all about "destruction" (collapse, etc)

all the media is pumping out the same negativity in accordance with the global program

it is a gradual process, it is still ongoing

the meme was designed to capture the attention of the world and funnel it
(the water only flows where the channel has been dug)

the "collapse" is still ongoing..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

December 21 is the first day of winter.

No, it is not. What makes you say that? Why would that be the first day of winter? How do you define winter? Because it's the 'darkest day'?

7th of November is FACTUALLY the first day of winter. Spring starts at 4th of February, summer starts at 5th of May, and autumn starts at 7th of August.

This can all be calculated by Earth's orbit around the Sun.

What is the brightest point in the calendar? The most sunlight, the brightest sunlight, and so on - well, that would be June 22th. What is the darkest point - the least sunlight, the dimmest sunlight, etc.? That would of course be December 21st.

So you see, what you think of something BEGINNING, is actually THE MIDDLE of something that already begun a long time ago. The Chinese have confirmed this - just look at their calendar, when everything commences - it matches.

The darkest or brightest points are naturally not the beginning of anything, but the middle points - things are equal on both sides!

That way, we can conclude that the brightest point being the MIDDLE OF SUMMER, and the darkest point being MIDDLE OF WINTER, it's easy to calculate the rest, taking into account that it has to be relatively equal on both sides.

I don't understand why people have not realized this before, and have made these confusing and wrong statements about winter, spring, summer, etc. (like in Seinfeld, when George states that 21st of March would be the first day of spring - that's naturally rubbish), when it is so easy to just think about, realize how it of course works and then do the math.

These things are dictated by the planetary movements, not by arbitrary definitions of man (let alone woman).

I wonder why they don't teach this truth at schools, but then again, it's just one truth in many falling to deaf ears..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

7th of November is FACTUALLY the first day of winter.

Wrong, that is the end of winter, we are in winter now....

Spring starts at 4th of February, summer starts at 5th of May, and autumn starts at 7th of August.

No, you got them all mixed up!

What is the brightest point in the calendar? The most sunlight, the brightest sunlight, and so on - well, that would be June 22th.

No, that is the darkest point, the least sunlight.

I don't understand why people have not realized this before, and have made these confusing and wrong statements about winter, spring, summer, etc.

Actually you have been wrong about them as well....
edit on 16-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"2012" actually happened late march early april 2013. It just wasn't as exciting, catastrophic or mystical as all of the new age weirdos try to make everything out to be. Also, it probably had nothing to do with mayans, although some 'aliens' were involved (no, no invasions either).

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
maybe something happened...it just hasn't rippled out as common knowledge...

all human induced change begins with a single person's actions...

1st half 2014...more obvious...

until then...the sun will provide some "entertainment" / excitement on a global scale soon...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
People thought Y2K was going to be the end of the world, people thought 2012 was going to be the end of the world, and now I'm hearing/seeing all kinds of 2013 and 2014 end of the world predictions. OMG NASA is hiding the truth about the end of the world!! Massive solar flares, asteroids, magnetic pole shifts etc etc. When will people learn? Can you really not see the pattern?

Someone predicts the end of the world, then it never happens. Then they say, oh no wait, it's REALLY going to end NEXT month because of this secret blah blah blah. Nobody ever calls them out on their bull# because all the smart people are too busy, you know, working or not falling for it etc, to be bothered, and even if they do call them out, everyone just dismisses it as a non-believer or disinfo agent.

The truth is, people WANT to believe to make their lives more interesting, because the real truth that their lives are pointless, and that the entire existence of mankind may very well be a giant accident, is more horrifying than any doomsday prophecy could ever be. It's just easier to believe that some event in the near future (that you are in the know and no one else is) is more exciting than the boring/mundane day to day reality.

Sad, but true. And people will continue to believe. If I came out with a doomsday prophecy tomorrow, even after posting this comment, I guarantee I would have people believing it. The more insane, the better.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Because only God (if there is one) knows the exact time of the world's demise, or so we are brainwashed, er, taught as little ones.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

UnBreakable
Because only God (if there is one) knows the exact time of the world's demise, or so we are brainwashed, er, taught as little ones.

God is another great example of people wanting to believe something to give their lives a sense of purpose. Absolutely ZERO proof of a higher being, and billions of people, over the course of thousands of years have been fooled, or better yet, scared into believing.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
guys watch Aquarius - The Age of Evil on youtube

new age theology and the age of Aquarius is like freemasons. its whole ideology was hi-jacked by the power elite for their own new world order. luciferian beliefs from the freemasons and new world spiritual beliefs from new age theorists. It will achieve the same thing and we powerless to stop it.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
something did happen. A website I was a member of disappeared!!!.....I think things did get carried away though to be honest

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Suspect Blunt Correspondences Intended to Convey Foreshadowing, not exact date

www.sacred-texts.com...

"...they were in Maghá, and the Kali age then commenced, which consists of 1200 (divine) years

...The day that Krishńa shall have departed from the earth will be the first of the Kali age, the duration of which you shall hear; it will continue for 360,000 years of mortals. After twelve hundred divine years shall have elapsed, the Krita age shall be renewed."

The quote above is from the website and extension listed. Magha/Maya means the age of Kali, it consists of 1200 divine years, after twelve hundred divine years the krita age begins. That is two thousands of twelve, symbolically 2012, like the longcount. 360,000 years could signify unto the time of the 666 hustle, as well as about 300,000 years the fossil transition from chimp to modern immortals took.

Revelation,

Chapter 20, Verse 1 ... an angel (consents to) come down from heaven, a great chain in his hand. Verse 2 -- and he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years. V3 stresses the thousand years. Ch 20, Verses 1 & 2, two thousands stressed, marks the time, but Satan is loosed a little season. I suspect a Voodoo Loa plot.

Nero = 666 in Hebrew, in Ch 12 Satan is identified as the guy that crucified Christ around the time of his birth (Caesar's doing).

Revelation, the third Church Thyatira, begins Verse 18. Verse 20, a Jezebel leverages a false prophecy into sexual immorality. Verse 21 is time to repent they are unwilling. In A Thyatir / a theater false prophecy, between the lines of US age of consent and US drinking age. 2012 December 21, 12 and 21 are interchangeable, the 12th month and 21st day of the 12th year of the 2000s, 20s symbolism. Probably neither a lie nor an attempt to deceive that such-and-such is true, context not established as to why, just that (unstated: a true context for a confirmed fact exists) used to bait a 666 zombie Theater contagion. 2012 lets everyone down as a Hollywood joke, so they believe the false prophecy instead.

Revelation Ch20 V12 describes Judgment Day... (2012 corresponds to the Last Day?). The Verse states the dead are judged, directly.

Revelation Ch 19's verse endings are 20, 21 in connection to a false prophet.

Ch 19 Verse 20-21 states the rest not killed (by 2012? switch the 21) had yet to repent of the work of their hands or their thefts. 2+2+1 = 5, Surah 5... as to the thief, man or woman, cut ye off its hand. As if no one can make culp on stealing Lamech's freedom. Nor, the verses state, had they repented of worshipping idols of gold, silver, and bronze (their cash), stone and wood (the deeds to their homes).

The last chapter of Revelation is 22, meaning the end is preceded by Chs 20 and 21 (2012).

9, 16, 19 (Chapters) correspond with 2012 Verse Endings, then Chapters 20 and 21 foreshadow Ch22 as the end of Armageddon. Two Nines and a 6 could mean the Mark of the Beast not quite overthrown by 2012. 9, 16, 19 and the last two Verses, and no other chapters, end on 2012 / 20 & 21.

Revelation ends on Verses 20 and 21, with Christ coming soon, as if 2012 foreshadows Judgment Day - but not quite.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure one widespread and very popular theory about 2012 did come true .....

..... the theory said that it was all a load of bunk made up by charlatans and new age wierdos and that absolutely nothing of consequence would happen.

Many more people believed this theory than all the other theories put together. Sometimes the majority are right

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsInDust

Hmmm... Well, maybe something did happen. Maybe, we did accent to a higher plane or something. The thing might be that this higher plane is so similar to the old one, that we just didn't notice the difference.

Aha!!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

originally posted by: StarsInDust

Hmmm... Well, maybe something did happen. Maybe, we did accent to a higher plane or something. The thing might be that this higher plane is so similar to the old one, that we just didn't notice the difference.

Aha!!

I'm the one who did it and I'm just now piecing it all together. It was late June though, and if you knew the truth you'd know something had to happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is a theory of the Quetzalcoatl coming down or going into a human being in 2012 and then slowly taking action in the coming years. What do you guys think about that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join