It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering all the theories regarding 2012 why is it that nothing happened?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not to toot my own horn or self promote I do suggest you check out the threads in my sig. In them I discuss the ridiculousness of the 2012 phenomenon backed up with sources. In may cases I even use the same sources as the 2012 charlatans.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Because Hollywood made up the whole 2012 doomsday thing for profit!

The Mayans NEVER EVER said anything bad would happen on that date. It was all made up and look at the money people made on it? I mean every bookstore before December 21, 2012 had entire sections dedicated to this so called doomsday.

I don't believe any of these predicted doomsdays.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

Did anyone on here who was very involved in the concept of ascension actually ascend?

I would hazard the suggestion that if they did, then they are no longer here to answer that question.
edit on 12-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Because , as your title implied...
They were just Theories.
Simple as that.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why did nothing happen? Well to put it simply and not go through dozens of pages of data the best I can figure out is that there is supposed to be a Messiah showing up anytime now. But he's holding off at the moment. Who he is I believe is the messenger of the covenant of Malachi. In that book it details that there was supposed to have been 4 messiahs. The Lord. His two messengers. And Elijah the prophet. One messenger was present at the building of the 2nd temple. The Lord appears to have been Jesus Christ and Elijah the prophet was John the Baptist. There's still one to go. And the best I can figure he would have several titles. The 3rd horseman of Revelation and Witness of Revelation. The branch and black horseman of Zechariah. And the messenger of the covenant of Zechariah. And the dark judge of Isaiah.

What he is supposed to do is rebuild the Jewish temple. During the process he appears to be killed and that triggers the Gog-Magog disaster. And the 6th seal of Revelation. Why? It would appear he is the last saint of the 5th seal of Revelation. You cannot have an Apocalypse while a chosen one walks the earth.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Gregorian calendars and leap years,, correct me if im wrong but there is no leap year in the mayan calendar

me thinks the date may have been wrong

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
December 21 is the first day of winter. That doesn't mean you will get a blizzard on that day, it just means you are entering a cycle of colder weather. The weather on Dec. 21 ususally isn't significantly different from Dec. 20.

The solar system is traveling one hemisphere of the galaxy to the other. Maybe nothing will change, or maybe changes will be so slow we won't notice. There was a time when I could run 10 miles, bench 250, and play chess at the master level. I can't do those things anymore, but I can't pick a day, like my 40th birthday, and say that's when I started getting older.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I think plenty happened...there were earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes; and brutal murders.

I'm just saying.

Yeah because those never happened in 2011.10.9.8.7...............etc

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The whole 'End of Times' thing is pure BS.

Here is a dozen pages of failed predictions.

List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events

Essentially the masses are gullible.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think plenty happened...there were earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes; and brutal murders.

I'm just saying.

Yeah, those things never happened at all in the previous 200,000 years we have been here...

Originally posted by fadedface
Did anyone on here who was very involved in the concept of ascension actually ascend?

If "ascension" really did happen, there would be reports all over the world of people suddenly missing.

Just watch... the people who are still in denial about nothing happening in December will begin grasping at straws and say all these people ascended lol.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I'm just saying.

Yeah, those things never happened at all in the previous 200,000 years we have been here...

Yes...exactly that is my point....plenty happened...history repeating itself.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There was no massive shift, the was no descant in the tune of the universe, no pop in the space-time bubble. A whimper rather than a roar. A thud rather than a bang. Ballyhoo!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I'm just saying.

Yes...exactly that is my point....plenty happened...history repeating itself.
like history never repeated itself before

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think the cycle is happening, and it has to do with the cosmic energy that is coming in. I think that 2012 is a guidepost, not a literal date in time, and it could take a whole century to complete. Freeing this planet. Not doom and gloom.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
cause all of it was bs.....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Easy, the 2012 phenomenon just struck a chord with not only the "spiritual" and "new age" people, but also with the general public. And once this is known, obviously a lot of other people jump on the bandwagon.

And the 2012 phenomenon was so immensely popular that a lot of pseudo scientists have created their own little versions and stories around it (you know the various "scientific" explanations, crossing the "galactic plance", the rotation of the earth axis etc. pp).

And that is why you have heard sooo many different "facts" and "scientific" aspects surrounding the 2012 phenomenon.

Unfortunately that only means that a lot of people can be very creative and that the public is rather gullible. It doesn´t mean that 2012 had any special significance at all.

And the most ironic point about all this is that the mayans themselves NEVER said anything about the end of the world or entering a new era. It was the clever mystical writers who made that stuff up and boldly misinterpreted texts for all of us to read.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Doesn't it leave them discredited?

yes, but the gullible do not care - Look at psychics, every one of them is a fraud, yet some people just keep giving them money, even though all their "predictions" have failed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Interesting, thanks for sharing that thought

All psychics are frauds........

Not everyone is a fraud, some of us do really try to find out how it works,
because it does.

Sorry, I just get offended when I see this comment thrown around

If you really believe we are all frauds, then that would make you cynical

Pop over to my rant and share your view of frauds please, I only ask that you read the entire thread :
ESP is real stop claiming it is not!

edit on 11-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OP went out and bought a large tv on a no interest paid deal until 2012.

On a serious note. we can not predict stuff simple. us humans are programmed to remember the past only.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think putting a Date with an event like this, is wrong, almost impossible, and creates doubt. Give enough time, and we are sure to see some unbelievable events take place. Solar flares may nit have hit the earth, but if your not assigning a date, then it is sure to play out, eventually.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join