It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SkyWhale graces Canberra skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Canberra, Australia is celebrating it's Centenary Year (we're finally 100!), and all around the city we've had fairly non-eventful happenings. The best thing to come out of the celebrations is a hot-air balloon, commissioned to be the "Symbol of Canberra". Many people don't like it at all, personally, I think it's a spectacular example of how open and unbiased our State Government is currently conducting itself.

Here's the link, with news and image, of the incredible SkyWhale

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh good lord, that thing is truly hideous.
I kind of like it though, it's different. I wouldn't mind taking a ride in it either.

Congrats on turning 100 by the way!
edit on 12-5-2013 by Astrithr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Its face reminds me of Admiral Ackbar, and it looks pretty incredible now that it flies around the inner city.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why was it blessed with a set of 10 boobies?

It won't win any beauty contests, that's for sure.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well congratulations for starters!..Im not sure what to make of the 'Skywhale' though. Its a bit errmmmm strange

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Why was it blessed with a set of 10 boobies?

It won't win any beauty contests, that's for sure.

It was meant to be something that was clearly unnatural, yet still appeared to come from nature.. I forget what the term for that is. That's what the artist was explaining

She said that beings from the sea came up onto land, and then some of the beings returned to the sea to become whales. This is her representation of what a creature might look like, had it taken to the skies and become a "SkyWhale"

Unfortunately, I haven't much more info on it than that, it's just something spectacular from my nation's capital that I thought was worth sharing with the world

top topics

join