It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have no idea what these people have caught on film.

What I find strange here is the wagering.

There are several different camera shots of the object(s) so more people can weigh in on what they think. But the truth, whatever it turns out to be (and if it is ever determined), doesn't morph into something else because more people believe one way over the other.

Making bets on the "outcome" so that someone else will look silly or uninformed comes across as juvenile, IMO.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Also, I understand those videos seem to have compression artifacts...
But in a few of those, it really appears that the lights are illuminating some sort of hull, or something.

Although that very easily could be poor video quality as well.
Hard to tell. But they do not appear to be meteors.
Think of the area that these things apparently covered. Seen in two different countries. Moving slow as heck. If it as BoneZ suggests, why aren't we seeing them explode?

I would expect to see that if these objects were "small enough to move slowly through our atmosphere", as suggested.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I didn't say anything about them being UFOs. What I said is that they clearly appear to be some sort of aerial vehicle.

But it is a UFO.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Your explanations seem a little crazy to me clearly its none of what you have suggested

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Well, yes, it technically is at this point.
I am open to the possibility of multiple light aircraft moving in formation, though.
I have seen many videos that I woulda SWORN were flying saucers, or whatever, only to find out it was part of some air show with pilots stunting out in formation at night.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think we have had anything this decent to analyze since Jeruslaem.

The video has gained an additional 40,000 hits on YouTube in the last 10 hours.

We have 6 different camera angles on this thread and you know more are going to come out.

Would anyone please be willing to keep an eye out for them so we can get them on to this thread ASAP?

It would be great to be able to keep a running tally of the cameras as I am sure it will soon exceed 6.

Also, can we please get a translator? Page 3, I am surprised none of our fluent Spanish speaking members have stepped up; we really need an assist on that.

I understand that folks in the video think that they are meteors. Since they are obviously not meteors, at least not yet, I would say that lends a sort of natural veracity to the videos as people search for a mundane explanation for what they are seeing.

This is good stuff, ATS, it'll likely get better fast. But it would be even better if we had someone searching out Argentinian or Chilean news sources for this event.

Thanks all. I am spread too thin today.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by itssomethingyoudid
Making bets on the "outcome" so that someone else will look silly or uninformed comes across as juvenile, IMO.

This is a teachable moment, and if somebody IS 'uninformed', there is a cure for it.

Or do you prefer people to remain uninformed. ? Isn't THAT silly?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Also, I understand those videos seem to have compression artifacts...
But in a few of those, it really appears that the lights are illuminating some sort of hull, or something.
...Hard to tell. But they do not appear to be meteors. Think of the area that these things apparently covered. Seen in two different countries. Moving slow as heck. If it as BoneZ suggests, why aren't we seeing them explode? I would expect to see that if these objects were "small enough to move slowly through our atmosphere", as suggested.

Exactly. Jay, your comments are reasonable and widely-held. It's not your fault that what you think you know about what shallow-angle fireball swarms OUGHT to look like is actually erroneous.

It would only be your fault if, given the opportunity to learn more about what such phenomena actually appear like, you refused to accept new and more accurate evidence.

Have you looked at my link to the 1963 Kiev, Ukraine report?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
... This is good stuff, ATS, it'll likely get better fast. But it would be even better if we had someone searching out Argentinian or Chilean news sources for this event.

An excellent idea.

Try googling "OVNI Chile" -- OVNI is spanish for UFO.

Ditto "OVNI Argentina".

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Indeed, here is camera #7

edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There are several unconfirmed prosaic theories by some researchers, but they need time to double check and to then release the information themselves since THEY originated it. That's just good technique and good manners. But I think the leading proposed prosaic explanation is valid -- I just want to see the numbers double-checked.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Have you looked at my link to the 1963 Kiev, Ukraine report?

Yes, Jim, I have.
It isn't in English. I do not read Russian. Also, there are a few things I would like to point out about not only your report, but Gortex's example videos as well.
Nearly every sketch in that report, and the example videos, clearly shows tails on the lights. I do not see tails on any of the lights in the OPs videos.

Not every sketch, because some of those sketches show what appear to be space ships, or whatever, but the ones that just show fireballs, clearly show tails.

So, how is it again that I am 'clearly wrong'?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Try googling "OVNI Chile" -- OVNI is spanish for UFO.

Yeah, I know that Jim.

I would suggest that you take advantage of this 'teaching moment' that you have so aptly recognized and get down to some teaching.

If you think that it is meteors, than by all means contribute what you know in a constructive manner.

I'm sorry if it seems like too much work, but I am afraid you are going to have to take us all by the hand and carefully lead us down the road to understanding.

Only older members know who you are and why you should be given respect.

This is a new ATS with new folks that have no idea who you are and what you have to offer.

Here is your chance to extend your credibility to a new audience. If you keep treating them the way you are, they will only see you as a haughty troll.

Jim Oberg

Thank you sir, for being here to post. Get a cup of coffee.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My eyes are good at outlining things...

I see a perfect outline of one massive ship

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ho hum.

Ball Lightning.

Ball lightning is a rare effect in which a glowing, drifting bubble of light, typically some eight inches in diameter, appears...

Ball lightning lasts only a couple of seconds, or up to a minute, then it disappears by either exploding or dissipating. Exactly what it is is still unknown, but some scientists believe it is a sphere of plasma...

One of the best observations of the phenomena occurred when Professor R. C. Jenninson of the Electronics Laboratories at the University of Kent was flying in an Eastern Airlines Jet from New York to Washington in March of 1963. The plane was caught in a thunderstorm and struck by regular lightning. A few seconds later a glowing sphere emerged from the pilots cabin and floated down the aisle. The ball, which was also seen by a stewardess, continued down the aisle and disappeared near the rear lavatory. ...

An artificial version of ball lightning has been reported on submarines that use huge batteries to operate their engines. Improper connection of the battery causes an electrical discharge that sometimes reportedly spawns glowing, hot balls....

etc..

www.unmuseum.org...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ted Molczan has now authorized me to release this statement:

Unless there is some new development, I believe that my two SeeSat-L posts will serve as my announcement:

satobs.org...

satobs.org...

The first one correlated the Temuco, Chile UFO with 2013-016D / 39145. The second one resolved the confusion that arose from USSTRATCOM having associated the wrong object name with 13016D.

Since making those posts, I have seen videos on Youtube from Argentina. One of the Argentinian locations was said to be Neuquén. There seem to be several places with that name. If the one at 38.95 S, 68.06 W is correct, then my calculations confirm that the re-entry trajectory was visible from there at the same time as in Temuco, Chile. The track was from approx. WSW to NNE. Culmination was about 25 deg above the NNW horizon.

Temuco, Chile and Neuquén, Argentina are 391 km apart, and the trajectory passed between them. That is why the direction of motion across the sky seen from one was opposite that seen from other. From Temuco, the motion was right to left, from Neuquén it was left to right. That is a common occurrence in meteor and re-entry sightings, and can be exploited by analysts to narrow down the trajectory.

Best regards,
Ted Molczan

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Aliens exist
They traveled millions of lights years to reach our planet
Once they safely reached us, they decided reveal themselves to us with some poor quality light show

OR

Humans did it

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
My eyes are good at outlining things...

I see a perfect outline of one massive ship

Maybe it's an electrogravitic ship, using the principles of T.Townsend Brown, and the high voltage surface of the ship is causing the surrounding air to generate charged plasma balls that glow in the dark, as the ship moves through the atmosphere.

edit on 11-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thanks for that.

Still waiting for you to teach us how it was meteors.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Although its an animation what we see in the OP videos is shown here from 3.00 .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join