It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thanks for that Jim, how absolutely effing cryptic.....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

Or those that will defend to the death their rejection of any possibility of a ET hypotheses for objects that by their flight characteristics ect are genuine unknowns and display levels of high strangeness.Dr James E McDonald"s cases he investigated are the very ones that need consideration and deep thought.There will always be two sides to every coin.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

That's very, very easy to answer. First, the phenomena was of great size. Easy o spot in the night. Second, everybody have smartphones, tablets, laptops; all devices with camera. Besides all that, there is a lot of people today carrying cameras in the car. I am one.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I don't know but believe the answer is Cygnus

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Amazing how some members rather die than simply accept a rare case of real UFO. Forcing the meteorite theory in this case in particular is absolutely pathetic. Just say "I don't know", be honest.

One lesson of life that took me awhile to learn is to keep one's words sweet, since all too often, you may have to eat them.

Are you hungry?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The laughing in the background makes me think it's a hoax.

Night UFO footage is impossible to decipher, lights could be anything.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So no definite proof or evidence that determines these lights as meteors, only speculations but hey ho , its the meteorites explanation that is being "forced fitted" , regardless of definite proof or evidence showing that its meteorites.All as i can say is those that are pushing the meteorite explanation thank god you are not in any position of of either law prosecution ect cause there would be a lot of people found guilty and in jail with inadequate evidence to commit them.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Looks to be One object, because in every video, the lights are in the same configuration. MotherShip, I bet that object was massive, and had to be travelling at a fairly good speed. Great Find

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Or it could be nervous laughter, could be anything, well are you accustomed to these kind of lights on a regular bases , they look very strange, as in out of the ordinary.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
So no definite proof or evidence that determines these lights as meteors, only speculations but hey ho , its the meteorites explanation that is being "forced fitted" , regardless of definite proof or evidence showing that its meteorites.All as i can say is those that are pushing the meteorite explanation thank god you are not in any position of of either law prosecution ect cause there would be a lot of people found guilty and in jail with inadequate evidence to commit them.

I hope you're hungry, KPP. There are foolish words on your next meal's plate.

REAL research takes time to check and doublecheck. But then, I would never expect you to know that.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Looks to be One object, because in every video, the lights are in the same configuration. MotherShip, I bet that object was massive, and had to be travelling at a fairly good speed. Great Find

I'll take that bet. What are the terms, what is being wagered?

Loser must read a website contents suggested by winner?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet, but the meteor shower created by Halley's Comet peaked on Sunday/early Monday. That's what we're seeing in the video is meteors continuing to enter the atmosphere.

Even the poster of the video on YouTube suggests meteors, as well as many who commented on the video. A little research will keep Identified Flying Objects (IFO's) from being posted in the UFO forum.

BoneZ, when was the last time you saw a meteor shower travel at a snail's pace? Your post sounds very arrogant.

My guess is it's probably a prank or something. It's cool footage, but there could be any number of explanations. A meteor shower in slow motion? No.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by CirqueDeTruth First in awhile - that has me scratching my head! I'm looking forward to the theories on this UFO That's what many seem to be expressing on YouTube, but it doesn't look like it's going to garner much interest here; at least not on this particular thread. Oh well, it's going nuts on YouTube and the rest of the UFO sites. It's easily the most interesting video in quite a while.

Oh, I think this is very interesting, even though I have never witnessed a UFO event myself, it seems that the more that they are reported, the more people might believe it to be a phenomena that needs more attention than automatically throwing it into the "loony bin" category.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like space junk to me nothing out of the ordinary

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The easy guess, since it didn't seem to be glowing from air friction like space junk or meteors or moving very fast, is balloons tied together and stood off with lightweight rods and lit with LEDs, perhaps the work of hoaxers inspired by the event going on at the National Press Club in Washington, not that I'm ruling out otherworldly tourists, light aircraft in formation (flown by hoaxers), or even a blimp with LEDs, since the video and photos seem insufficient to make a judgment.

kix

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Glassbender777

I'll take that bet. What are the terms, what is being wagered?

Loser must read a website contents suggested by winner?

First you need to porove you can read and comprehend, then the bet would have meaning and purpose, then again a lot of pleople jump to conclusions and say "SWAMP GAS" then put their fingers on their hears a go LALALALALALA I cant hear you.... but hey its ATS!.

well back to topic.

It is def. a UFO, what it is exactly Who knows?, from the posted videos it looks like a fairly big thing, its traveling fast IN FORMATION and some lights are blinking, We have views from different angles aver a wide area of the horizon, also very important the rest of the lights are very VERY stable and with white light, no debris or glow, just like light on a big Aircraft.

The meteor theory could be possible but it would have to have those caracteristics to qualify as such.

Bolides or meteors are burning and most of the time they leave debris while falling let say in this case they did not but ANY REASON, but thy did not, is it possible or what are the odds of more than a dozen of them behaving the same? (if you answer, doh, because they are part of a larger one that did break up in the upper atmosphere, the the logical thing would be asking, WHAT are the odds that all the debris behaved the same and ALL THE DEBRIS had the same size and composition, because they are moving in formation, with the same light and leaving no debris ALL OF THEM... mind boggling isnt it....

Also if they are so small that they are moving so slow, then why they lasted so long and again how could they fly in formation and with same percieved intensity and all at the exact same time....

do the math, I guess is easier to conclude its a UFO than saying that all that criteria was met for a meteor formation... (with all this characteristics at the same time).

BTW, I am not saying E.T. were there its just a UFO. An unidentified Flying Object.

Then again swamp gas is easier to swallow!!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The problem with calling it space junk or a meteor shower is that there is no trail. It may be possible to have a low slow moving entry, but there will always be a trail.

I does move like a single object, could be a good prank, but if was really filmed in two different countries that's unlikely as well.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Trueman
Amazing how some members rather die than simply accept a rare case of real UFO. Forcing the meteorite theory in this case in particular is absolutely pathetic. Just say "I don't know", be honest.

One lesson of life that took me awhile to learn is to keep one's words sweet, since all too often, you may have to eat them.

Are you hungry?

I confess sometimes I find posts that trigger my anti hardheaded defense system, launching missiles of light to the naked ignorance hidden in the dark.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am glad that these videos are getting the attention that they deserve.

I don't have a moment today to research these videos at all.

I would like to put forward that by dint of experience and time-in-grade, leadership of the project should fall to Mr. Oberg.

Thanks for being here, Jim, you are right, research takes time. I don't suppose you could see if you could track down any particulars about time and location and all of that?

So far my favorite are the suggestions that it could be a kite or an l.e.d. covered blimp; neither of which I agree with, but are interesting suggestions for many reasons.

Also, does this not provide the long awaited proof of concept for what would happen when authentic video turned up on ATS from multiple camera sources?

I would say so.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I didn't say anything about them being UFOs. What I said is that they clearly appear to be some sort of aerial vehicle.
They don't resemble meteors in any way. At least not in my estimation. The glow of lights was too steady. Meteors burn at varying consistencies when traveling through our atmosphere. Flaring up. Going out. Explosions. Etc.
I didn't see any of that. I saw blinking, and/or, steady lights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join