It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm No Longer A Conspiracy Theorist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by lampsalot

Originally posted by jude11
The question then becomes why believe one and not the other? The same issues apply, putting something into our bodies that the Govt sez is ok and beneficial to our health.

Simple - I've looked into the evidence.

Doesn't sound like you have read the inserts that come in the boxes
but thats OK
Bill Gates says there are to many people on the planet and that vaccines will fix that

no conspiracy there

Oh my god, this is the one that I hate the MOST! Bill Gates said no such thing. Yes, he said there were too many people on the planet - um, and it's true! He was talking about population control, not eradication. He had moments earlier been talking about vaccines, one of them being contraceptive vaccines. So when he mentioned controlling population with vaccines he did one of two things: 1. Slipped the word vaccine in there by accident among all the other real and normal ways of controlling population, because no one speaks in perfect sentences or 2. Was referring to contraceptive vaccines.

That whole "Bill Gates wants depopulation through vaccines" is one of THE STUPIDEST conspiracy "theories" EVER! And it's a perfect example of people not thinking critically and dying to embrace a theory that proves what they already want to believe. This is what makes a lot of right wingers reject everything else out of hand.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

HI LAmpsalot, Here are two documentaries videos on Youtube about fluoridation. The real history will surprise you. Clearly you are not aware of the toxic dangers of fluoride or the history of it. If you had actually searched you would have found these. They are FULL of DOCUMENTED evidence about the fluoride deception and how we are making children stupid. For national security ...... yes, fluoride was a by product of the US nuclear program and the government rigged the science and put out false numbers.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I take issue not with those who take logical, reasoned issue with an official story, but more with those who, for example, proclaim loudly over and over that everything, and I mean everything, is a false flag. It's like a knee-jerk reaction. At best, they're crying wolf. At worst, they're spitting in the faces of those who lost loved ones at Aurora, Sandy Hook, and Boston. All of these are supposed to lead to -fill in the blank-. It's like they're always waiting for the other shoe to drop but it never does.

No, no one's kicked your door down to take your guns, nobody's been put into a FEMA camp, martial law hasn't been implemented, and nobody's been slipping hypno-pills into our Pez dispensers. It makes them feel special, intelligent and "in the know", while trying to convince the stupid sheeple to come around to their way of thinking.

In addition, it feeds their sense of self- importance to imagine themselves in battle with titanic, often shadowy, "evil forces", when in actuality they're sitting on their butts typing at a computer screen, pretty much like I'm doing now. Then again, I don't have my ego invested in it.

I realize I may attract brickbats for this, but I don't particularly care. I don't try to run my life like some popularity contest, and never will. Now I have more important things to do, like take my grandson down to the ballfield
to shag some fly balls. Bye!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh, another one of those 'I used to be a conspiracy theorist' posts! Like the old, I used to be a '9/11 truther' posts, but now all of a sudden I believe in my government type of posts!

You have made some sweeping generalisations about CT's, you seem to know what everyone's motivation is, how they behave in real life, why they thin they way they think. Problem is, you 'opinion' and that is all it is, is way off the mark.

Yeah, some CT's are the way you described, but most are not. Conspiracy theories generally turn into conspiracy fact, as you have noted. Your reasons for you strange change of heart are suspicious at best.

If you are not a CT anymore, and have those narrow-minded views all of a sudden, then why are you still lurking on a conspiracy theory website?!

I find this post very odd indeed, like you have some hidden agenda or something, just like all the others that used to be 'truthers'.

If no longer believed, you would not come to this website!

What do you actually expect to achieve from this silly thread?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Dude I totally agree with you. I used to believe in these conspiracies until I started checking the facts in the -real- world and honestly they just don't stack up. When you spend too much time on the internet it takes it's toll on you. Plus what is even the point of it? Conspiracies don't better your life, they don't benefit your relationships, they don't have a real purpose other than to make people distrust the world around them. How is that healthy? It just isn't. But I know there will still be people who will think you posted this thread for some paranoia induced alternative reason to hide some big secret! Lol!

I choose to live my life the way I want to and that includes keeping MY reality beautiful and worth living. Don't let any of these people get to you, they are miserable with there lives and more than most of them are on some kind of drug that distorts their ability to truly comprehend fact from fiction. They always think someone is out there trying to kill us but are unaware that life itself is death. You can't escape it so why live your life in fear of it?

I'm glad there's other people waking up to the b.s that's all over the internet. I hope you have a beautiful life my friend!

edit on 11-5-2013 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontaskmeimfrommars
I take issue not with those who take logical, reasoned issue with an official story, but more with those who, for example, proclaim loudly over and over that everything, and I mean everything, is a false flag. It's like a knee-jerk reaction. At best, they're crying wolf. At worst, they're spitting in the faces of those who lost loved ones at Aurora, Sandy Hook, and Boston. All of these are supposed to lead to -fill in the blank-. It's like they're always waiting for the other shoe to drop but it never does.

No, no one's kicked your door down to take your guns, nobody's been put into a FEMA camp, martial law hasn't been implemented, and nobody's been slipping hypno-pills into our Pez dispensers. It makes them feel special, intelligent and "in the know", while trying to convince the stupid sheeple to come around to their way of thinking.

In addition, it feeds their sense of self- importance to imagine themselves in battle with titanic, often shadowy, "evil forces", when in actuality they're sitting on their butts typing at a computer screen, pretty much like I'm doing now. Then again, I don't have my ego invested in it.

I realize I may attract brickbats for this, but I don't particularly care. I don't try to run my life like some popularity contest, and never will. Now I have more important things to do, like take my grandson down to the ballfield
to shag some fly balls. Bye!

Dude...I love you lol

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't accept 100% of what I'm told either. I think the government is right that we should vaccinate our children, but wrong about fluoride for example.
edit on 10-5-2013 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

I worry about vaccination - mainly the flu vaccine. The only time I ever caught a cold while staying with my parents was when Mom got her vaccination.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified

I find this post very odd indeed, like you have some hidden agenda or something, just like all the others that used to be 'truthers'.

Me too. I think this thread has one agenda, co-intel much?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am slowly becoming less of a conspiracy theorist because these theories are coming to be FACTS . I am running out of Conspiracies .
The OP lost me when they said they thought they were an Alien contactee .
The NWO is moving with greater determination and speed in the last few years . Agenda 21 is working hard in your local government . It is called ICLEI . And they are most likely involved in shaping your community today .

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If you believe the government has never lied, covered anything up, or staged something, then you are obviously naive and illiterate to history.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You know its perfectly fine with not being a Conspiracy Theorist. I do not even really consider myself to be a Conspiracy Theorist. But i keep "doors open" i by far buy into everything here. But it allows me to view things from different view points. But i have to say you could not have been much of one. It dont take much to know about fema and a few other things you made a statements on.
But to first group as the same then call everyone a Conspiracy Theorist Punk? on a Conspiracy Theory site?
Really shows what kind of respect you have for people. I would not allow you in my house.

PUNK oxforddictionaries.com...
noun
1 informal a worthless person (often used as a general term of abuse).
a criminal or hoodlum.
derogatory (in prison slang) a passive male homosexual.
an inexperienced young person; a novice.
2 (also punk rock) a loud, fast-moving, and aggressive form of rock music, popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
(also punk rocker) an admirer or player of punk rock, typically characterized by colored spiked hair and clothing decorated with safety pins or zippers.
3soft, crumbly wood that has been attacked by fungus, sometimes used as tinder.
edit on 11-5-2013 by St0mP121 because: (no reason given)

Is this the part that i can call you A Above Top Secret Terrorist?
edit on 11-5-2013 by St0mP121 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What I believe is, the NWO conspiracy is Real. What's not real, is the idea that some Eye Awakening, Massive endgame will be revealed, & the NWO will start from that day on. The Invisible Empire, stays an Empire, by staying Invisible The best way to control people is to never reveal their being controlled. They can gain nothing from pulling the curtain, exposing themselves & telling you to Bow Down. They don't want you to revolt, they don't want to disturb the status quo. They want you to Believe your in control, to possess their credit cards & pay interest, pay taxes, pay to live on your property, pay to drink and use their water, pay to watch their propaganda, Believe that the Hollywood lifestyle, clothes, jewelry, looks are everything, Believe you want these things, make you feel like you need these things to fit in socially,Believe your vote counts, Believe we need endless war to stop terrorism, Believe we need Gun control to stop mass murder, Believe we need 10 different medications to keep living, Believe you will be depressed unless you take depression medication,Believe imprisoning millions of people for petty crime is good, Believe we need a war on drugs, even when you know consumption and availability is higher then ever, Believe billions more of your taxes will eventually work, Believe this is the only way to Live, no other way would work. Believe there couldn't be a society or a way of life without oil. Picture Hitler without a Face, murder by prescription medication, GMO foods, Tainted water with Fluoride. Slavery through welfare, which they don't pay, we do with taxes. slavery through low self esteem, slavery through depressed economy, slavery through making you believe your life sucks unless you have $100 jeans & shoes to match, believe happiness can only be obtained with money & Superficial objects, Believe the media is reporting for you, to educate you. We keep spinning & running the rat race, believing the next policy or president will save us. When we only get to choose between 2, you need millions of dollars t& media exposure to run. Why are millions thrown at only 2, wheres our choice. but keep believing. They NEVER LOSE, They are the Invisible Empire

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Do you think Bill gates is gonna come out and say "Population.Control through vaccines".?LOl He didn't become a billionaire by being stupid, & he is not going to announce Genocide. Stop 4 a minute and Think. A guy who feels there are to many people on the planet, feels we can't sustain ourselves if we keep overpopulating, expresses these feelings, in a "Politically Correct Way" of course. This same guy starts a foundation for vaccines in 3rd world countries. Vaccines would mean better health, less kids dying, longer lives, more reproduction. If this doesn't make you question...Why would someone who thinks Less People = sustainable planet, Better environment ..& .. More People = Unsustainable Planet, Uncertain future, Why is this same person going against what he believes, going against what he feels is an Uncertain future. That makes sense to You? It's like saying OIl is killing our Planet, then opening a fund to help people drill more Oil. lol "Where there is Smoke there's Fire.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople

Bill Gates started his talk out speaking of population reduction as I remember and ended up talking about better health and longevity through vaccines . Now I am no scientist but doesn't better health and longevity equals more exaggerated overpopulation . I got the idea that the vaccines would be used as a population reducer . If I understood him right , he was not making sense with his reasoning . Take the Vaccine live in better health and longer and we will have a population reduction of 15% . Who would ever believe that ? The message is clear - go away and die ! I do know that they can sterilize you with chemicals and Ethyl Mercury may not be the only thing in those vaccines . His seemingly paradoxical speech may have been his biggest blunder .

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kromlech

I really don't think people really believe that #1 The government wouldn't do that to us or #2 that the Government would inform us of everything .
I have found that people choose to believe these things because it is Convenient and requires that they have to do nothing and everything will be alright because they voted for upstanding crooked politicians . Some people will not believe anything that places them in great distress and that might be good because some people can not handle it and would crack .

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists also believe that the United States and eventually the entire
world are either on their way to Hitlerian fascism or that they already are fascist. This is
downright delusional.

What really has turned me off from conspiracy theory more than anything is the
libertarian and anti-intellectual agenda theorists push. Conspiracy theorists are punks
who hate authority simply for being authority, no matter how well deserved that
authority may or may not be.

I see what is going on here. You are *okay* with conspiracies. It isn't that you don't believe they exist, it is that you think they *should* exist in order to keep people in line. Simply a difference of opinion?

Conspiracy theories can be outright dangerous. The Holocaust was perpetrated largely because of conspiratorial beliefs about Jews wanting to take over the world. The anti-vaccine movement in the US has caused diseases like measles to make a comeback. If Jim Henson wasn't skeptical of modern medicine he probably wouldn't have died of pneumonia at a young age.

Wait, but not quite... you appear to wish to deny ignorance... this is a valid claim against the Nazi party, but who you are viewing as conspiracy theorists are actually the government in this case.

Conspiracy theorists also believe that the United States and eventually the entire world are either on their way to Hitlerian fascism or that they already are fascist. This is downright delusional.

Once again, Republicans and Fox News promote this viewpoint about Democrats... buuuut... they also are the ones who do it.

Yes, ATS has been flooded with ridiculous amounts of conservative conspiracies and it is kind of concerning considering I have just moved to Idaho as well...

I would prefer you stay on board.
edit on 12-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I think I changed my mind about what's going on. You simply need to visit ATS during a Republican Administration and then you will understand why it is important.

The wheel keeps turning.
edit on 12-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kromlech
If you believe the government has never lied, covered anything up, or staged something, then you are obviously naive and illiterate to history.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

I never said that. I just said I don't think of myself a "conspiracy theorist" anymore. I do think some conspiracies are true. I just don't see a conspiracy in everything like I used to.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

None Dare Call It Conspiracy will be a very controversial book. At first it will receive little publicity and those whose plans are exposed in it will try to kill it by the silent treatment. For reasons that become obvious as you read this book, it will not be reviewed in all the "proper" places or be available on your local bookstand. However, there is nothing these people can do to stop a grass roots book distributing system. Eventually it will be necessary for the people and organizations named in this book to try to blunt its effect by attacking it or the author. They have a tremendous vested interest in keeping you from discovering what they are doing. And they have the big guns of the mass media at their disposal to fire the barrages at None Dare Call It Conspiracy.

By sheer volume, the "experts" will try to ridicule you out of investigating for yourself as to whether or not the information in this book is true They will ignore the fact that the author about to conjecture. They will find a typographical error or ague some point that is open to debate. If necessary they will lie in order to protect themselves by smearing this book. I believe those who pooh-pooh the information herein because Psychologically many people would prefer to believe we are because we all like to ignore bad news. We do so at our own peril.

Having been a college instructor, a State Senator and now a Congressman I have had experience with real professionals at putting up smokescreens to cover up their own actions by trying to destroy the accuser. I hope that you will read the book carefully, draw your own conclusions and not accept the opinions of those who of necessity must attempt to discredit the book. Your future may depend upon it. October 25, 1971 JOHN G. SCMITZ UNITED STATES CONGRESSMAN

Millions of Americans are concerned and frustrated over mishappenings in our nation. They feel that something is wrong, drastically wrong, but because of the picture painters they can't quite put their fingers on it

FDR once said "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

Source of Quotes

None Dare Call It Conspiracy was written by Gary Allen, with Larry Abraham - Copyright 1971.
Just click the link to read it. What a shame there was no Internet back then!

I won't even begin to try and rationalize how and why the OP went from "believer" to non-believer.....

For the sheeple who cannot see past their own noses, yes - THERE IS A CONSPIRACY...for YOUR mind.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I use to be somewhat the same way. As I got older I realized that most everything done is not because of some plan to pull the wool over our eyes but because of pure monetary profit for the individual(s).

That being said there will always be conspiracies no matter what you believe or who you are.

Some examples we all know about:

Fluoride is a money making scheme even though it has been proven to be bad for you and in some cases linked to Alzheimer's and dementia. Not to mention banned in some countries.

Where as childhood vaccines it appears that if your child gets the one shot that has multiple vaccines in it, as opposed to getting each shot separate, there is a much larger risk for abnormal development of the child. The MMR shot appears to be safe itself but say combined with several others, an increase in risk becomes apparent.

UFO's chances are military aircraft. Heck I had a book that showed a 1972 photo of a UFO that was identical to the F-117 stealth bomber so unless we have time travel capability chances are military aircraft.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join