It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus (pbuh) predicted the Martyrdom of some Apostles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maybe the verses below don't make sense or it seems that Jesus pbuh made a false promise. It did gave many a false idea that God's kingdom is coming soon in their lifetime.

Matthew 16:28 I tell you the truth, some who are
standing here will not taste death
before they see the Son of Man
coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God

but if you read a verse from Qur'an

2:154
And say not of those who are slain in
the way of God: "They are dead." Nay,
they are living, though ye perceive (it)
not.

then it makes complete sense as to what Jesus pbuh meant.
He was predicting that some apostles will be martyrs.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ah, how did you get that he made a false promise? He said himself right here:

Matthew 23:31-36

31 “Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

He predicted the manner Peter would glorify him, being led to his own crucifiction.

John 21:17-19

17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

The ones he sent to fill up the measure of God's wrath against the pharisees for, were the first century jewish christians and their gentile brothers. Apostle Stephen was the first to die, stoned illegally 6 months after the crucifiction of Christ, Saul of Tarsus (later Apostle Paul) bore witness to that event.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

That isn't a lie or false prediction. John saw Jesus coming in His Kingdom on the Isle of Patmos when he had the vision recorded in the book of Revelation.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Actually their telling you death isn't real!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lone & NuT

i din't mean that he made any false prediction.
I just said that anyone reading that superficially may think it that way. NOT ME!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
Lone & NuT

I just said that anyone reading that superficially may think it that way. NOT ME!

How could anyone get what you said out of those remarks?

It says nothing about sacrifice!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

Lone & NuT

How could anyone get what you said out of those remarks?

It says nothing about sacrifice!

in Islamic theology, a martyr does not die, he/she is alive till Judgement Day comes. Now read what Jesus pbuh said again in OP.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yeah if you remember right all religions believe in an after life after death. Heaven/Hell/Valhalla

It's all saying death isn't real. Even Christian teachings say death isn't real as they believe in heaven and hell.

So no it's not talking about martyrdom.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

Yeah if you remember right all religions believe in an after life after death. Heaven/Hell/Valhalla

It's all saying death isn't real. Even Christian teachings say death isn't real as they believe in heaven and hell.

So no it's not talking about martyrdom.

rather say, death is not the end. When a person dies, his body is buried, where the soul goes? Maybe to God, but between death and Judgement day the soul is not free or conscious.
However a martyr at death will just shift to say another dimension and keep certain characteristics of being alive.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Their could never be a "judgment" day. Because that is saying that it's the end for somebody and nobody will ever cease to exist.

The closest thing we'll ever see to a "judgment" day is if Jesus abandons us!

The only 2 paths humanity has is space exploration and or destroying themselves.

Know that if Jesus abandons mankind the fate to destroy yourself is sealed.

Because he has angels/demons called aliens who have his back.

Think about it why would some angels be jealous over mankind when it comes to god?

God took them to space taught them all they could learn then created man and they became his new project. What more could he teach the greys?

So he walks with man! They look out for him and the planet mainly for him. Some would feel abandoned. God left us for monkeys.

So you can imagine monkeys aren't going to space if Jesus isn't king.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Their could never be a "judgment" day. Because that is saying that it's the end for somebody and nobody will ever cease to exist.

The closest thing we'll ever see to a "judgment" day is if Jesus abandons us!

The only 2 paths humanity has is space exploration and or destroying themselves.

Know that if Jesus abandons mankind the fate to destroy yourself is sealed.

Because he has angels/demons called aliens who have his back.

Think about it why would some angels be jealous over mankind when it comes to god?

God took them to space taught them all they could learn then created man and they became his new project. What more could he teach the greys?

So he walks with man! They look out for him and the planet mainly for him. Some would feel abandoned. God left us for monkeys.

So you can imagine monkeys aren't going to space if Jesus isn't king.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But how does it fit in with this Koranic verse

Every soul will taste death. Then to Us will you be returned.
-Koran 29:57

I think what 2:154 refers to those killed in the way of God, who have tasted "death", but are not permanently dead, but instead are actually alive elsewhere.

What do you think?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

you don't want a "Judgement day" because you want things to happen or not happen a certain way.
Will things happen the way you want or the way God wants?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

But how does it fit in with this Koranic verse

Every soul will taste death. Then to Us will you be returned.
-Koran 29:57

I think what 2:154 refers to those killed in the way of God, who have tasted "death", but are not permanently dead, but instead are actually alive elsewhere.

What do you think?

yes, i agree, the martyrs maybe alive in a certain way or place that people who die normally are not.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Lone & NuT

Well if I had a dollar for every time someone took the scripture out of context I'd be rich.

Been that way since it was written.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If a ghost(spirit) came down from the sky to bring the dead back to life.

It would most likely be a holographic projection and the dead coming back to life would just be an infection triggered by signals of whoever is controlling the projection.

I would also have to assume that if people believe that will happen they must also believe in a Hogwarts!

Any God or Jesus walking this Earth is coming by way of Gun & Womb if you catch my drift.

He's already here thats how I know what I know. Catch up to the big guys will ya.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
He was meaning something more along these lines I believe-

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John11

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Timothy 3

the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
Romans 4

God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. 1Corinthians1
edit on 9-5-2013 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well if I had a dollar for every time someone took the scripture out of context I'd be rich. Been that way since it was written.

kindly explain the context then

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

you are trying to figure out future supernatural events with the limited material and scientific knowledge you have. Whatever opinions you have is your way of trying to explain the unknown mixed with your religious beliefs and your own desired ways that events in future should happen. Its good that you think

try thinking without limiting yourself in boundaries of known science and let go of your own desired outcomes.

new topics

top topics

join