It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Of Scotland blasts Israel's treatment of Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Source

In this report soon to be discussed by the Church of Scotland some very reasonable, imo, points are made.

Read the piece for yourself.

Needless to say the zionist guard dogs have been let loose. They are not happy because somebody dared to call them out.

Will they never learn .... it is their complete disregard for world opinion that will mean Jews everywhere will continue to be critisised and ostracised.

I call on Jews everywhere to support the Church of Scotland and other churches and to reject the aims of zionism.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I really don't understand why they haven't started pushing back already? I mean, the actions of a tiny fringe are reflecting on an entire group of people, making it increasingly uncomfortable and unsafe for these people, wherever they may live.

If I was a Jew, practicing or not, I'd be very vocal about the fact that zionism doesn't speak for Judaism

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by bigyin

If I was a Jew, practicing or not, I'd be very vocal about the fact that zionism doesn't speak for Judaism

Yes like the many "Germans/Austrians" never were Nazis. I know that reaction very well from my home country. It's very hard to criticize if the retaliation can be dramatic. In Germany it was some times brutal with the result of the person ending up in a KZ. Among Jews the issue is more economical. Their entire business dealings are so intricate interwoven that anyone of them mouthing off will see the results in their profit reports almost within a day. Like watching the stock market crash. These are invisible bonds! Similar I have seen people devastated who left for example the Jehovah witnesses or other quite charismatic religions. Once you are out of the "community" you have a hard time fending for yourself.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So it seems the Brits are gathering together against Israel. Bizarre, to say the least.

What are the specifics that Israel is doing to the Palestinians? Very often you hear generalized statements against Israel, but when it comes to specific events, they don't appear to be very monumental, compared to say, China's continued abuse of Buddhists in Tibet, Muslims in their western provinces, suppression of democratic rights.

When you put things in proper moral order, things appear quite differently from how its being conveyed by those seemingly obsessed with demonizing the Jewish state.

For some, there are obvious economic factors for why Israel faces such discrimination while China, Russia, or Turkey don't. In the case of China, they are simply too economically preeminent for smaller nations to criticize, and when they do, they are framed in a very restrained way: "We hope that China allow greater democratic freedoms". But they stop short of an outright censure. China will not have it - and they have threatened to embargo those countries who have the audacity to demand change (for instance, after the Tienanmen massacres) . Likewise, a prominent OPEC country like Saudi Arabia can skirt criticism of many of its abuses because it provides a much-needed commodity to billions of people. A nations economy would literally collapse if Saudi Arabia and it's OPEC cohorts decided to blacklist them.

So, I think people should understand International political attacks in this context: they are truncated by economic interests, or, conversely, embellished by economic interests.

It seems to me that the ostracization that Israel experiences wouldn't be as great as it is were it not for the oil producing Muslim countries which exercise such massive economic power.
edit on 9-5-2013 by nodtellary because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Please direct comments to the original thread here

new topics

top topics

join