It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“a cave is a grave” - old military adage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Daydreaming & extrapolating on a reply that was posted in another thread.

"US armed insurrection and Obama taking your guns...really people?".
Reply posted:
"And!! When they run to their bunkers and seal themselves in ...
We need to follow behind them and bury them in. No way in, eh? Good - no way out either. Then we really would have demons running around down below - beneath our feet!
It would be devilishly good irony! " - CirqueDeTruth

I actually quite like this idea.

For the majority of us that won't have our 'ticket to the underground bunker' it would be a great way perform some 1% societal pest control.

After all most of the people that will be in these bunkers are the forces behind many of the woes that are faced by the common man.

They constantly set one group against another & manipulate the economy in a bid to keep 'the masses' in a state of distraction & fear so that we don't have time to critically think and ensure their position in society is maintained.

Maybe it would be a seriously good idea to keep a list of where these bunkers are so that once the doors have been closed we keep them PERMANENTLY closed by pouring some concrete over the entrance/exits.

The old military adage “a cave is a grave” isn't an adage for no reason.
WE THE 99% could then re-build a much fairer society the way it should be.

What are your thoughts?
edit on 8-5-2013 by creatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If they have the tech and manpower to dig these expansive underground facilities, then they will also be prepared to forcefully ext them as well. Most likely these "caves" have ten or more hidden egress points, any of which they could open to exit.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
you have to think about it from a different point of view
you say 1% controls the world
and 99% just follows
you cut a head of body, the body is no longer useful
now you see if WE the 99% cant do anything now cause we claim that we are controlled by the 1%
than what hope do we have once the 1% is gone?

a person at work will only think of what he can do at home in his free time
a person at home will think what he can achieve at work

you see both lines out line that if we are not pushed, we will not action.

that is the reality so say all you want but no action will be done

that is what got us here in the 1st place

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by creatives

Sounds like a great idea, creatives !

Unfortunately, given time, I suspect we might end up with a new society, with another set of bureaucrats / politicians who also abuse their position and privileges, and require the " Burying " method of disposal !

Anyone who is given power over others feels obliged to abuse the position.

" Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely "

And I'm not sure how you would overcome this in a new society. I think we'd start off with the best of intentions, though.

We can't go on as we are, with the tail wagging the dog.....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Interesting post.

But there is a real problem. Lets assume they locked themselves in. With a real solution of eliminating rulers so you can be free actually allows others with weapons to be free to rule you if they have more power than you do. It's called mob rule and would surely happen.

Therefore your only solution is side with them or become one like them and rule over others by fear and power yourself.

Then you become what you just sealed over in a bunker. Humans being human, that is exactly what would happen without a moral code and with so many interpretations these days of what is moral there could never ever be any unity.

So a great post to consider but fraught with holes bigger than some heads in ATS
edit on 8-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Hopefully if there was a major disaster it would give people the chance to realize that we don't need to be led, and don't need leaders.

Society will at some point in the future 'evolve' to the point where this is obvious reasoning.

We don't need leaders we need teachers.
edit on 8-5-2013 by creatives because: add detail

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Following that line of reasoning you are basically saying that there is no hope for society.
I however take a slightly more (however rose coloured) optimistic point of view in the common man.

Jason Mraz puts it much better than I do.

edit on 8-5-2013 by creatives because: add video

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatives

Hopefully if there was a major disaster it would give people the chance to realize that we don't need to be led, and don't need leaders.

Society will at some point in the future 'evolve' to the point where this is obvious reasoning.

I think you are naive to think that humans can exist in groups that have no leaders. If humans are to survive the next "BIg One" then there will be groups and there will be leaders to those groups.

Anarchy sounds looks great on paper, but it has never worked in a real life situation.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I prefer my 'naive' view.
As my signature says, I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Dr who)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thay would just dig themselves out somewhere else. And there is the talk that all the underground bases are connected by 1000's of miles of tunnels. That would take a hellll of a lot of gopher candles!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
When they emerge from their holes...

we shall feed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatives

We don't need leaders we need teachers.
edit on 8-5-2013 by creatives because: add detail

I believe your right.

Hopefully someday we evolve to that but its not going to happen anytime soon. If we get rid of the current crop of leaders the same bunch will just replace them in a matter of years. Its just the way human societies work and have since we first formed them.

There has never been a society larger than a hunter-gatherer group that did not have some form of leadership.

There's a story in one of Aristotle's writings about a city where they are planning to overthrow their tyrant leader. A man asks an 80 yr. old woman if she will help and she reply's no.

"Why not?" asks the man and the old woman responds, "Because when I was a little girl we had a tyrant leader and we overthrew him and his cousin took over and was even worse. When I was a woman we formed another group and overthrew him and his brother took over and was even worse. When I was in my 50's we finally got rid of him and received our current leader who has been the most horrible out of all of them. I"m afraid of what we will get next when this one leaves".

We will always have leaders so you better make sure that their replacements will be better than what you currently have.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Thay would just dig themselves out somewhere else. And there is the talk that all the underground bases are connected by 1000's of miles of tunnels. That would take a hellll of a lot of gopher candles!

Yeah with those giant nuclear powered drills they could just bore out a hole in no time.

Cool idea but technology always finds a way around. (or should I say through?)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
"“a cave is a grave”

Unless said cave has multiple exits, then its a bunker.

My thoughts are that these people have been in place for rather a long time now furiously constructing there underground facilities, they definitely have something planned for the masses. I mean they don't build DUMBS for nought!
edit on 8-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join