It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOCTORS!! I have had it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If Obamacare is going to be anything like the military system of medicine... You'll be wishing for a butt scope.

My yearly 'physical' was me clicking on some web questions, followed by a tech that reviewed and asked the same questions that I already answered on the web BS. Took no more than 15mins.

My retirement physical lasted about 10...and no finger in the butt...even though I've complained about the BG's for about 5 years.

Just be glad the doc found the time to care about your future health. Once this Obamacare crap really kicks in, everyone will miss the overprotective docs. (It limits what is and what isn't malpractice, so the docs will be worried about their bottom line instead of yours)

Edit: yeah I know the finger up the pooper is mainly a prostate check, but the doc didn't even offer anything.
edit on 8-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just do the colonscopy so we can hear that rant.

I bet it's better than mine.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Doctors-Don't get me started! Too late I'm started! To me they are like shade tree mechanics. Well lets try this! $400 dollars later: well that didn't work, lets try this! $550 dollars later: well that didn't work lets try.... ad infinitum! They've been chasing me with the butt scope for 4 years now! They have come out with a virtual colonoscopy. They have decided it does not have to be done as often. Nope not gonna do it. I think doctors should be required to go through every single test there is as a condition of getting thier license! Then we will see if they say "it won't hurt a bit"! I had massive stomach aches when I was 9 years old. It was like clockwork. 9:30 in the morning I would have to go to the school nurse and be sent home! Everyone thought I was faking including my parents. But they took me to the doctor. First were blood tests. Nothing. Then kidney xrays with dye. When they injected the dye I had a reaction and thought I was going to die! Nothing. Then it was a lower GI xray. You have to be cleaned out first with laxatives. Then they pump so much barium in the backdoor it felt like my guts were gonna bust open. Nothing. Finally the doctor said he would give me an upper GI, but said "I know it won't show anything"! I had to drink a 16 oz cup of barium which tastes like powered chalk and a little strawberry Qwik mixed in water. When we went back his eyes were as big as saucers! "Margie"(my mom)" he has a hole in his stomach the size of a quarter!!!" If I had been an adult with the same symptoms he would have done the upper GI first. Thanks a bunch! Sorry, but I warned you not to get me started!
edit on 8-5-2013 by Magister because: correction

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Now a colonoscopy would be funny and classic. If... Each doctor under went that.

Which we know they won't.

And that's why I'll never do one.

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Just my MO.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

My last PCM was made fun of for googling symptoms...he was reassigned within a year. Bet if your doc decided to do a bit of research first, instead of doing what was norm, he'd come to the upper GI inspection sooner. Some docs just need to open a book/net instead of letting their pride halt them from refreshing their memories/skillz.

As a maintainer of engines, it is against the rules to diagnose an eng discrepancy without proper 'proof' of what is wrong...why can't we do the same for our bodies? When a pilot takes my word without proof, just like we do our doctors, its a F'd up day to fly.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

Mmmm...Doctors.....best avoided unless required to fix something that IS actually wrong with you, not looking for things that MIGHT be wrong with you !

Fortunately, here in the U.K. Doctors don't look for things that might be wrong with you, as there is no extra pay in it for them ....at my local Doctors practice, anyway

I guess it is a nice little earner for U.S. Doctors ?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For me, the quality of life is preferred to the quantity. Then again, I have CF so maybe that explains it. No colonoscopies for me, I know full well what will be the death of me.

Patients need to be their own advocates, so you need to be one for yourself. As "likable" as your MD may be, you do not visit him for the entertainment value (I hope) so maybe it's time to consider shopping around. Punitive treatment? I could not bring myself to even fake a laugh at that one.

It seems these days everyone is a politician - nothing ever gets done unless you force the issue. The empty box suggests they don't even want to listen - a bad sign.

The best of luck and good health to you and everyone else reading this rant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join