It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Materials Background Check Act to take out ammo reloaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey now, let's not let the facts of the matter get in the way of legislating here.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey now, let's not let the facts of the matter get in the way of legislating here.

Oh right. Sometimes I get carried away.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

8% chance of passing out of committee 2% chance of passing?? an other brainless bill that will die a death it so well deserves www.govtrack.us... from the link

Status

This bill was assigned to a congressional committee on April 23, 2013, which will consider it before possibly sending it on to the House or Senate as a whole.
Progress
Introduced Apr 23, 2013
Referred to Committee Apr 23, 2013
Reported by Committee ...
Passed Senate ...
Passed House ...
Signed by the President ...
Prognosis

8% chance of getting past committee.
2% chance of being enacted.

Only 12% of Senate bills made it past committee and only 2% were enacted in 2011–2013. [show factors | methodology]
and we pay these bums to do what ??, make bills that do nothing but cause fear and hate, No one is to blame but the voter or non voter for this mess.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

8% chance of passing out of committee 2% chance of passing?? an other brainless bill that will die a death it so well deserves www.govtrack.us... from the link

Status

This bill was assigned to a congressional committee on April 23, 2013, which will consider it before possibly sending it on to the House or Senate as a whole.
Progress
Introduced Apr 23, 2013
Referred to Committee Apr 23, 2013
Reported by Committee ...
Passed Senate ...
Passed House ...
Signed by the President ...
Prognosis

8% chance of getting past committee.
2% chance of being enacted.

Only 12% of Senate bills made it past committee and only 2% were enacted in 2011–2013. [show factors | methodology]
and we pay these bums to do what ??, make bills that do nothing but cause fear and hate, No one is to blame but the voter or non voter for this mess.

See my post here for why these bills are presented at all www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Saw this one coming from a thousand miles away, when they told us what the bombs were supposedly made of. Hey, I should've posted this in predictions. I would've been right! lol

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
bjs.gov... its a pdf so be forewarned but this is gun death statisitcis from 1993-2011 and it shows the overwhelming trend of LESS deaths since the AWB was repealed back in the 90s and how in the early 90's on average over a million more people were killed during the awb years annually then what happens to day and i get the feeling obama will not be happy with the justice department releasing this pdf right now as it pretty much torpedoes the anti gunners arguments its a 28 page pdf,brebart also covered it but i figured i would lead off with the justice department pdf as not all members are fans of brebart as a source

www.breitbart.com...

the pdf pretty much destroys much of what the media has been squawking lately from above source

Between the years of 1993 and 2011, as the assault weapons ban expired, more Americans purchased guns, the Supreme Court overturned outright gun bans, and individual states not only loosed gun control restrictions but also issued concealed carry permits to private citizens, incidents of gun violence in America collapsed. Between 1993 and 2011, nonfatal gun crimes plummeted 69%; from 1.5 million to 467,300. Gun-related murders dropped 40%; from 18,253 to 11,101. Gun-related murders for black Americans plummeted by 51%. The report also shows that the media-created hysteria over school shootings is wildly misleading. Between '93 and '11, the murder rate in schools dropped by almost a third; from 29 to 20. Background checks have also been exposed as another bogus narrative the media's crafted out of thin air. This report proves beyond any doubt that closing the so-called gun show loophole will accomplish next to nothing. Less than one-percent of state prisoners caught with a gun purchased it at a gun show. Moreover, who knows how many of those criminals might have passed or did pass a background check.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Scott Pelley of CBS news ran that tonight as one of his headlines. He was about to choke, but he got it out. I loved it.

But it ain't on the CBS News site. I searched. However it is attached to the end of the James Holmes news...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
OP, calm down and take a deep breath.

No body is out to get you.

Here maybe this will help.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This will not stop future bombings. These people that we call our leaders are dumb

Better take a long hard look in the mirror my friend.
These politicians are anything but "dumb".

They are smart enough to convince you that they are just "dumb" politicians.
They know exactly what they are doing and......YOU underestimating YOUR opponent isn't the "smartest" thing you could do right now.

I would suggest you swallow your ego and pride, and then really sit down with yourself and come to terms with who the "dumb" one is.

You are getting ready to lose ALL of your freedoms, rights, and personal liberties to "dumb" politicians.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

They were....but gunpowder is used for both (albeit not "smokeless black powder"). I am sure that they can find a patsy to use the stuff off the shelf at a sporting goods store if we make a point of it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wonder what their thoughts are on gasoline
Last time I checked that was pretty explosive...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Gasoline is actually pretty stable, it's not even flammable. How ever the vapors it gives off on the other hand is quite the opposite.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Well on the one hand....

I find myself agreeing with some extended type of pre-screening when you are dealing with explosives. you can't go buy enough chemicals to make meth without getting on a watch list, you can't buy nitrate fertilizer in amounts sufficient to make a bomb without getting on a watch list (unless you are smart about it I suppose) so I don't see this as a surprise really.

The kids at columbine used homemade pipe bombs and propane tank explosives, the Boston idiots used black powder and pressure cookers.

But yeah, reading your OP a few things smack me in the face. I guess only time will tell how this is implemented will be the key.

And no, I don't think your T-shirt will disqualify you. Then again, a picture of Megatron got a guy tossed off a plane, so who the hell knows anymore.

the tie in with the terrorist watch list, on it's face makes sense... But when you understand that the list is over a million, and plenty of average, law abiding citizens are on it.....

Maybe you guys are onto something. I still don't think it's two skips away from dictatorship, but yeah, it does appear to be following an agenda.

If we are going to start curbing Constitutional rights, maybe it is time to curb the 14th Amendment and the Civil Rights act of 1964. Why should we, Americans of ethnic decent that don't engage in terrorism have our rights revoked because of the actions of ethnic groups that are nearly or entirely muslim?

I imagine the emotional reaction of some to my first paragraph will be intense, I wish I could apologize but right now I am feeling my own intense emotions at the fact that this administration is trying to curb my rights. So if it is ok to curb the rights of the many for the sins of the few, it is equally ok to curb the rights of the few because of the sins of the fewer.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Like Hillary Clinton said, "never waste a good crisis".
Except for Bengazi...Hill...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

this will do absolutely nothing to stop these kinds of attacks as was stated the boston bombers emptied out fireworks to get their powder. also the recipes for lots of explosives has been floating around the public for years.
so any fool with the right recipe and right house hold chemicals can make their own so this bill is only against people doing legal stuff.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
EXACTLY, what the email-er to Alex Jones said the day after the Bombs in Boston.

Setting up a Bill to severely restrict Reloading powders.

With the Boston Lock Down happening on the Friday and the cause being a late teens/early twenty white youth with foreign links, EXACTLY as the email further stated (SENT to the Jones Tool on the Monday BEFORE the Lock Down event) this is now correlated entirely.

Bring It On Willy!!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This guy on Reddit called this awhile ago

edit on 8-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
May as well require a special license to buy lead acid batteries too, because sulfuric acid as part of a process to make nitric acid which isn't that complicated. And once you get the second one, you've completed a main chemistry step in being able to make any kind of explodey stuff.

Example of the chemistry at work...

Example of some explodey stuff being made...

Sure restrictions on certain explosive materials will slow down doing anything quick and in bulk, but some people have lots of time to spare and where there's a will there's a way. And even if other materials were made more difficult to access, it would be rather difficult to stop people from learning chemistry or obtaining more raw natural sources like eggs (sulfur) and bird poo (nitrates). Which is great, because then you'll have people messing with much more unsafe and unstable materials than ready-made and process controlled manufactured explosives.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What a bunch of Tyrannts. Why are we just sitting around letting them do this. I believe the country should have a proper debate, and national vote on these subjects. Not left up to a few, that are so corrupt and influenced by greed and power. This is an attack, on the core of our beliefs, I guess they know that the taking of our guns is too risky, so they will try by eliminating the ammo, and reloading presses. Errrr, gosh im glad I stalked up on ammo 3 years ago, and bought a reloader for my 30-06, .223, and my shotgun

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
May as well require a special license to buy lead acid batteries too, because sulfuric acid as part of a process to make nitric acid which isn't that complicated. And once you get the second one, you've completed a main chemistry step in being able to make any kind of explodey stuff.

Example of the chemistry at work...

Example of some explodey stuff being made...

Sure restrictions on certain explosive materials will slow down doing anything quick and in bulk, but some people have lots of time to spare and where there's a will there's a way. And even if other materials were made more difficult to access, it would be rather difficult to stop people from learning chemistry or obtaining more raw natural sources like eggs (sulfur) and bird poo (nitrates). Which is great, because then you'll have people messing with much more unsafe and unstable materials than ready-made and process controlled manufactured explosives.

And red flagged, you will no longer be able to buy anything classed as an explosive with this new bill.

ha ha ha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join