It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some punishments of hell on earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by qualm91

I can't really say that I believe in much of anything except that the Judaic faiths are full of crap, but what you have just posted there is a general frame of thought that I keep coming back to. It fits in with a lot of general themes I keep seeing in the world, the universe, and in the passage of time. I've noticed that there's a handful of vague yet crucial laws this reality is bound by, laws that are so subtle as to almost completely fly below the radar, and the same general concept you've shared falls right in with those laws.

This book did make me question, though, I wonder if all souls in the entire world were made simply once, and have been being recycled over, and over, and over again. Or if new souls are being made and sent to Earth? It's a question to think about.

Have you by any chance read The Egg story? You should, if you haven't already. Marvelous little anecdote.

No, I have not. And I will certainly look into that. Thank you for your suggestion.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Camden NJ is hell on earth. Is that what you mean?

edit on 6-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91
reply to post by deadeyedick

I reply to this with another question because you used the name "Satan. You obviously believe in God, so I may be falling on deaf ears right now, but I am still wondering if this question has ever crossed your mind while seeking God. I know it has crossed mine. If God is going to reward his followers, would Satan not reward his, too? Maybe in a different way, maybe he will reward them in the way of their sin. For example: a chronic nympho will end up surrounded by other nymphos, or a drug addict would end up in a room full of a perpetual supply of drugs. I only wondered this because God and Satan are obviously a sort of rivalry, so maybe God is simply trying to vilify Satan to the most extreme sense so that he can convert Satan's followers. I'm not saying this is so, and I am certainly not a Satanist, it is just a question that I have wondered silently to myself while studying faith.

In the end satan will be destroyed from earth. Like any good schools they have teaching tools. When school ends we will not be suffering but we will be living life.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Once again, this is what Laz sez on the subject of "Hell":

Hell is a big 404 - not found.

There are four main props of Hell, and I will knock them down in succession:

Prop One
Without the concept of the Immortality of the soul, Hell gets a bit shaky. It's very simple, if we look at the story of the creation of man by God. We all know it - God took some dirt, made a body, breathed into the body the Breath of Life, and man became a living soul. To simplify:

dead body + breath of life = living soul

Now, let's reverse it:

living soul - breath of life = dead body

Perfect logic - start with the living person (soul) and kill it, so that the breath of life returns to God who gave it, and what do you have left? A dead body! So that means that when you're dead, you're dead. There is no immortal soul to go to Hell, Hades, or the Inferno. The spirit cannot go there either, because it has returned to God who gave it. Is God going to send His own Spirit to Hell? God forbid! There remains, if you examine all this closely, nothing to send to Hell. The same Bible which the Eternal Torture (ET) crowd likes to quote about Hell, says that "the soul that sinneth shall die." Nothing said about being sent to Hell too. If we jump forward from Genesis to the Revelation, we see that Death and Hell are both thrown into the Lake of Fire. Now, I ask you, if such a thing has happened, how can Hell still exist (if it ever existed), and how can the dead be in Hell if Death has been destroyed? Let's move on.

Prop Two
"Hell" as we have come to understand it, has come down to us, like the Greek concept of the Immortality of the Soul, from pagan sources. I don't want to elaborate too much on the Scandinavian "Hel," the Greek "Hades," or the Latin "Inferno," but you can Wiki that for yourself if you are not familiar with the mythology. This is how "Hell," or "the grave," became Hell, the place of eternal torment. Check any good dictionary, especially the Oxford, for information on Hell. "Hell" is also a verb, meaning "to bury," reinforcing the "grave" usage. Even the Buddhist concept of Hell is very close to the ET version, the main difference being in the artistic style of the representation. Two props down, it won't take much more.

Prop Three
This one is very simple - in almost every instance of the usage of "Hell" or "Hades" in the Holy Bible, a better rendering would (and should) be "the grave." A couple of hours with a Strong's or Young's Concordance should clear up this chestnut for you. Did you ever think about the way the proper name of God, YHWH, has been rendered as "LORD"? At the same time, the names of all and sundry pagan gods were improperly rendered properly, when the God who said not to even speak their names gets short shrift. This happens because the (mis)translators had/have an agenda, and "Hell" is no different. One prop left.

Prop Four
If you care to dig into it, you will find that apart from what I have already mentioned, a misunderstanding of body, spirit, and soul; pagan concepts and mistranslations, all the evidence for "Hell" is based on fiction. Yes, from Dante Aligheri to John Milton to Mary Baxter's “A Divine Revelation of Hell,” everything we have to support the concept of Hell is fiction. Every last account is unverifiable, from epic poem to story, to sermon, to EweToob video. Fiction - Legend - Myth - lies.

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no.

Exemplary!

The process by which this all occurs is fairly straightforward - (but does DEMAND that people drop the ability to create bardos, only legitimising the process in reverse)...

Å99

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

...(but does DEMAND that people drop the ability to create bardos, only legitimising the process in reverse)...

??? "Bardos"? I am not understanding here. ???

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I ask this question because I am simply curious of how you two view it (since we seem to be the only three people in this discussion)...Do you believe that there are unpardonable sins? Sins that simply cannot be forgiven and may warrant eternal punishment?

The Unpardonable Sin, a concept peculiar to the Bible, is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It will not be pardoned in this age (now soon to end), or in the age to come (the Millennium). After that, it will be forgiven - you have to distinguish between age-long and forever. It is questionable whether the ancients had any concept of "forever" or "infinity." Thought back then was more concrete.

Again, if a sin is NEVER forgiven, full reconciliation cannot happen, and God cannot become ALL in all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I ask this question because I am simply curious of how you two view it (since we seem to be the only three people in this discussion)...Do you believe that there are unpardonable sins? Sins that simply cannot be forgiven and may warrant eternal punishment?

The Unpardonable Sin, a concept peculiar to the Bible, is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It will not be pardoned in this age (now soon to end), or in the age to come (the Millennium). After that, it will be forgiven - you have to distinguish between age-long and forever. It is questionable whether the ancients had any concept of "forever" or "infinity." Thought back then was more concrete.

Again, if a sin is NEVER forgiven, full reconciliation cannot happen, and God cannot become ALL in all.

Blasphemy against the holy spirit. I have heard this so many times. I know what blasphemy is, and I know what the holy spirit is, but let me see if what I have always believed this to mean, is actually what is so. Blasphemy against the holy spirit would be completely disregarding the fact that the holy spirit exists, correct? Or does it mean literally cursing the holy spirit?
edit on 6-5-2013 by qualm91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by qualm91

It might mean misrepresenting the Holy Spirit as evil, much as the Pharisee's said that Jesus had a devil.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wonder if these three believe they just went through hell. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that blasphemy against the holy spirit would be denying her mainly but i wouldn't want to piss her off either.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

...(but does DEMAND that people drop the ability to create bardos, only legitimising the process in reverse)...

??? "Bardos"? I am not understanding here. ???

With FREE WILL came the ability to create...believe me, versions of hell exist...but created by the perversion of misunderstood processes...so, 'I went to hell and came back' stories are reverse legitimisation of the bardos created by thought...It's a Tibetan thing, and despite thier own origami, they knoe thier stuff...bardos are (if you like) parallel dimensions created through the process of FREE WILL (imagine Hieronymous Bosch on mind altering substances)...and, you are correct, there is only ONE place where we are all going...I wouldn't wish those places on anyone...but, niether would I try to force someones' FREE WILL...each to thier own FREE WILL with or without the horror movie cast...

A99

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

niether would I try to force someones' FREE WILL...each to thier own FREE WILL with or without the horror movie cast...

Sounds very similar to Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
We will not survive without boundaries.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

niether would I try to force someones' FREE WILL...each to thier own FREE WILL with or without the horror movie cast...

Remember, that ham-actor Crowley, got it from somewhere...
That, Do what thou wilt, crap...is a paperfolded truth...crowley (in a lifelong attempt at recognition) tacked the law thing on the end - I never mentioned boundaries (or lack of)...I cited FREE WILL, and how the damned thing operates...

Å99

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well since i made this thread the holy spirit has been showing me that hell is a reference to towns. Much like taking a country boy out of the country. However since the bible was written i suppose that hell could be viewed for some as the country or really anywhere that torments you.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Remember, that ham-actor Crowley, got it from somewhere...
That, Do what thou wilt, crap...is a paperfolded truth...crowley (in a lifelong attempt at recognition) tacked the law thing on the end - I never mentioned boundaries (or lack of)...I cited FREE WILL, and how the damned thing operates...

Å99

When you said you would not force someones freewill to me that means to me no boundaries.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join